Author Topic: The Sims 4 Discussion - Share your Opinion on TS4 and Gameplay Features  (Read 110161 times)

Dellena

Re: The Sims 4 Discussion - Share your Opinion on TS4 and Gameplay Features
« Reply #330 on: August 23, 2014, 05:51:37 AM »
That actually sounds rather delightful, Dellena.  :)

It is, actually. :)  When we go on holiday, my husband and I go to the fast food places as a treat.  I love living in the Shetland Isles.  It's pretty isolated but the air is sooooo clean, people are nice and there's really no major crime.  We get our share of crappy weather but when it's clear, you can't beat it:

Dellena

« Reply #331 on: August 23, 2014, 05:53:19 AM »
I actually came to post this from SimsVIP.  I got distracted by Pam's comment. :D

When we get a forum for CC in Sims 4, this should be referenced I guess:

http://simsvip.com/2014/08/22/how-to-install-custom-content-in-the-sims-4/

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Indira

• Occult
« Reply #332 on: August 23, 2014, 08:25:45 AM »
@Vanessa, I hope your wish is realized in later updates and expansion packs. :)

I'm now actually one of the ones who is really looking forwards to the more closed neighbourhoods with no story progression. 
Same here Lytaren.

We can jump from household to household, right? Although it wasn't precisely mentioned, but I assume it anyway. I like the idea of getting immersed in one household's life, do their aspirations and wishes,  learn who they "like" in the neighborhood and push them towards that direction. When done, I go to a different one. It's one of the things that I couldn't rightly do in Sims 3 even if i turn off progression. I wasn't into modding my game and just learned to get over my frustration that Mortimer will never grow up and marry Bella...'coz her family moved out of town. Lol. I went ballistic and stopped playing for 3 days. How dare they? haha

@Dellena, your place looks awesome. The green pasture(?) reminds me of new zealand. Just missing the cows and sheep.

Dellena

« Reply #333 on: August 23, 2014, 09:15:27 AM »
@Dellena, your place looks awesome. The green pasture(?) reminds me of new zealand. Just missing the cows and sheep.

Oh, we have lots and lots of sheep and some cows as well.  I've decided that sheep have suicidal tendencies.  If there's one near the road and they have a choice of where to run when a car come by, they will almost always run in front of the car.  A bunch of idiot daredevils! lol  Oh, and Shetland ponies.  If you've never seen this, check out this advert that the mobile phone company, Three, did.  It was filmed in Shetland - I've actually walked along the cliffs that are pictured and have hiked to the little round pool you see with the stone in the middle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ekr05T9Iaio

Offline jesirose

• Occult
« Reply #334 on: August 23, 2014, 10:02:56 AM »
I just played around with the CAS demo and I'm very disappointed. They had a hairstyle that looks just like mine, and glasses like mine, but when I put them both on my sim, the glasses go through the hair and it just looks stupid. Then I noticed that from many angles the glasses appear to be floating in front of the face. I thought they spent all this time to make a good CAS, it just looks bad. Also, the girls' eyelashes are just a huge black solid arc?

- Jessica

Offline RunAmokSims

• Immortal
« Reply #335 on: August 23, 2014, 11:04:18 AM »
The official trailer has been put up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z00mK3Pxc8w

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #336 on: August 23, 2014, 11:38:16 AM »
Thanks for putting up a link to the trailer! I'm at the point now where I just want to get my hands on the game.

@Dellena -- the Shetland Islands look lovely!
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RunAmokSims

• Immortal
« Reply #337 on: August 23, 2014, 11:47:23 AM »
Thanks for putting up a link to the trailer! I'm at the point now where I just want to get my hands on the game.

No problem.  I'm really looking forward to Sept. 2. 

The trailer has me asking questions now. 

What are the kid's splashing in? A fountain or a puddle?  If it's a puddle is there rain or maybe something new like an opened fire hydrant?   
Is that weird neighbor a green Sim or an alien?  Given the way EA does things it could be a green Sim ala Hidden Springs or like TS2 it could have aliens in the base game.

I'm SO really curious.

Dellena

« Reply #338 on: August 23, 2014, 12:18:43 PM »
You can easily make alien looking sims in the CAS demo.  And now I have to watch that about a billion more time in 1 sec increments and see what else I've missed. :)

Dellena

« Reply #339 on: August 23, 2014, 12:37:28 PM »
Things I've spotted so far:

New Female Clothing 17
New Male Clothing 10
Earrings 2

Wow, 15 sims at one location - can't wait!

And what was up with the spacey looking control room with the blue and green sims? Hmmmm

That's all after my first frame by frame pass.

Offline bubbles

• Dynasty Novice
  • Watcher
« Reply #340 on: August 23, 2014, 01:08:07 PM »
Just something I spotted on SimsVIP a few days ago. They found a gameplay video from EA Germany. It is, of course, in German, but I quite enjoyed it. I can pick out the odd word but the gameplay shown is pretty good.

German Gameplay Video
Bubbles's Workshop
Friends are like potatoes; if you eat them, they die. My friends friend.

Offline Chare

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #341 on: August 23, 2014, 02:11:02 PM »
I just played around with the CAS demo and I'm very disappointed. They had a hairstyle that looks just like mine, and glasses like mine, but when I put them both on my sim, the glasses go through the hair and it just looks stupid. Then I noticed that from many angles the glasses appear to be floating in front of the face. I thought they spent all this time to make a good CAS, it just looks bad. Also, the girls' eyelashes are just a huge black solid arc?

I noticed this also. I've also heard/seen some of issues about sims clipping, walking through each other and objects. I don't know if it is because we are being shown the alpha beta or beta copies of the game or what, but EA is refusing to release review copies... so can't say for sure if these issues will be fixed before Sept. 2 until people actually get a chance to play the game for more than a few hours. Hopefully, it will be.  :-[

Offline jillz

• Origin ID: Charzof
  • Townie
  • Knitter. Gamer. Geek.
    • The New Adventures of Priska
« Reply #342 on: August 23, 2014, 04:46:15 PM »
Things I've spotted so far:

My favorite frame, Death dancing with the Elders. Don't they all look a bit worried to you?  :D

Offline _Annika_

• Immortal
« Reply #343 on: August 24, 2014, 06:53:28 AM »
And what was up with the spacey looking control room with the blue and green sims? Hmmmm

It looks very Trekky to me :) Intriguing indeed!

Offline bubbles

• Dynasty Novice
  • Watcher
« Reply #344 on: August 26, 2014, 12:40:39 PM »
It has been announced that, as well as today, there will be live Sims 4 broadcasts everyday until Friday!

Twitch Let's Play The Sims 4
Bubbles's Workshop
Friends are like potatoes; if you eat them, they die. My friends friend.