Author Topic: The Sims 4 Discussion - Share your Opinion on TS4 and Gameplay Features  (Read 110207 times)

Offline bubbles

• Dynasty Novice
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 4 Discussion - Share your Opinion on TS4 and Gameplay Features
« Reply #315 on: August 20, 2014, 09:52:42 AM »
I'm really looking forward to multitasking too! As well not having to drop everything every time the sims want to do something, it will look much better and more realistic in screenshots!
Bubbles's Workshop
Friends are like potatoes; if you eat them, they die. My friends friend.

Offline Bri

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #316 on: August 20, 2014, 10:40:47 AM »
I know if they get better multitasking, routing, and some sort of AI I will be happy :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Dellena

« Reply #317 on: August 20, 2014, 11:29:06 AM »
I double checked today that I have my game on pre-order with Amazon. LOL  Staying busy with World of Warcraft and creating new sims.  I'm currently working on the three couples from the Nora Roberts book series, Sign of Seven Trilogy.  I have Cal and Quinn done so far.

McHazy

« Reply #318 on: August 20, 2014, 04:26:19 PM »
I double checked today that I have my game on pre-order with Amazon. LOL  Staying busy with World of Warcraft and creating new sims.  I'm currently working on the three couples from the Nora Roberts book series, Sign of Seven Trilogy.  I have Cal and Quinn done so far.

Oh fantastic, I love Nora Roberts books. You will need to post a screenshot! Thanks for the link about the multitasking too, skilling up while on the toilet.....? Fantastic!

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #319 on: August 20, 2014, 04:56:38 PM »
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline bubbles

• Dynasty Novice
  • Watcher
« Reply #320 on: August 20, 2014, 05:27:55 PM »
I love how they did such an in-depth comparison. I can really see how much EA have added with that. I'm sure I won't mind the loading screens if they are that short! I hope they stay fairly short in larger files too. It's so boring waiting for multigenerational game to load in The Sims 3 and I by the sounds of it, the lack of some much loved Sims 3 features has really made a difference to performance.

Edit: I've just found a new community blog post about the animations in the game and how complex they became with the new body shape customisation. It's a really interesting read!

The Sims - Create A Sim and Animation
Bubbles's Workshop
Friends are like potatoes; if you eat them, they die. My friends friend.

Dellena

« Reply #321 on: August 20, 2014, 06:55:07 PM »
I think the load times should stay relatively the same.  For each neighbourhood, when you load a lot, you'll always be loading just the public areas and the one lot.  There's a limit of 20 sims per lot.  So even adding expansions, unless they alter the maximum number of sims or make the neighbourhood and open world situation (which I hope they don't), then I don't see how it would change much.  This would make me really happy because like many others, the absurdly long loading screens in Sims 3 was a big downer.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Maus

• Nooboo
« Reply #322 on: August 21, 2014, 12:08:22 AM »
I was just watching a video on build mode at sims fans.de.   My German isn't the greatest but I liked where it showed on Sims4 that you can place a chimney where you want to on the roof.   

I also liked where it showed that you can sort objects by typing the name, like typing in coffee makers brings up coffee makers. I wish my German was a bit better so I understood everything that he was saying.

Offline Indira

• Occult
« Reply #323 on: August 21, 2014, 12:16:35 AM »
When I first beheld Sims 4 ads, I was like "Wow, there's going to be a new game! Then sometime later, I saw Origin offering the CAS demo, which I downloaded and was pumped to know that Sims 4 will be available on Sept 2. In my excitement, I immediately googled for more info and found myself watching youtube with Vaughan and Graham(?) with the yellow shirt. I barely blinked trying to see all of it and not miss anything. Then I made the mistake of reading comments. The negativity was simply distressful. It led me to check the official forums instead and found even more distressing threads that just go round and round that I simply quit after reading 4 topics. I was disheartened that I will have to wait for release day to know something more about the new sims game i am interested in.

I must say, I really like this place after I read in the rules section about "no cussing and bashing" and all that. I read from beginning to end (since last night) about other simmers' expectations and what info they know about it, except for the links (will read them later when I have more time). I fell asleep at page 11 at 3am!) and just finished this morning. I'm supposed to be going out now and meet my husband for lunch but I can't resist sharing my excitement as well.

I don't really expect Sims 4 to be an exact clone of Sims 3. Where's the fun in playing that? I really look forward to playing something new and yet familiar. To discover new surprises, new interactions, see new houses to live in, it will be so much fun! The anticipation is killing me.  ;D

I also like that you can easily grab houses from the Gallery. I was never, ever a good house builder. I can't remember a house I made that wasn't a box on top of a box with squares upon squares of different rooms. lol. You get the idea. I usually just go into edit town mode and search Egypt and China for my favourites and save the houses in the bin for later use. After which, I go hunting for money till I can afford to buy my dream house, all the while living in my boxed house.

Can't wait for Sept 2, although now I'm vacillating between buying from Origin(deluxe pre-order with discount, $81) and a hard copy from the local retailer. The people at the retailer shop don't even know if they will have collector's edition or the premium. I'm leaning towards checking them out on release day.

Dellena

« Reply #324 on: August 21, 2014, 03:31:12 AM »
Oh fantastic, I love Nora Roberts books. You will need to post a screenshot! Thanks for the link about the multitasking too, skilling up while on the toilet.....? Fantastic!

Search "Sign of Seven" on the Gallery.  I posted them this morning.  I wish we could control the order they show in the save.  When you load them into create a sim, the order is Fox, Layla, Cal, Quinn, Gage and Cybil.  But when I save the household, the order is changed.  Also, I created them in this order: Cal, Quinn, Fox, Layla, Gage and Cybil.  I'm curious why the order got changed in later edits.

Offline JanessaVR

• Nooboo
« Reply #325 on: August 22, 2014, 09:01:08 PM »
@Indira:  Well, for me, I spend considerably more time building and customizing lots than I do playing.  That's my primary pleasure in TS3.  Since that ability is being taken away from me in TS4, I can't see a real reason to buy it.  If, a few years down the line, that ability is restored to the game, I would join in TS4, but until then I don't see a reason to shell out money for a game that won't give me what I'm looking for (especially when I already have TS3, which does give me all that ability).

Offline Lytaren

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #326 on: August 23, 2014, 02:38:19 AM »
I was firmly in the 'not going to buy this' camp until I watched some game play taken from creators camp, and read what those simmers had to say about the game.  But now I'm sure I'm going to get it the day it goes on sale.
I'm now actually one of the ones who is really looking forwards to the more closed neighbourhoods with no story progression.  In TS3 I always had a different save for every family I played, I couldn't give up the control of them.  It was the one thing that I really missed from TS2.  I'm really looking forwards to being able to play some version of the Prosperity Challenge from TS2, it was a great fun way to play that became impossible in 3. 

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #327 on: August 23, 2014, 05:23:42 AM »
I just want to remind everyone that if you're going to purchase Sims 4, you can do so and support the site at the same time.  All of the links are here.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Dellena

« Reply #328 on: August 23, 2014, 05:27:51 AM »
A pity Amazon.co.uk doesn't work.  That's where I have to get my physcial copy from.  We don't have any chain department stores or game stores where I live (no chain fast food restaurants either LOL).

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #329 on: August 23, 2014, 05:45:14 AM »
A pity Amazon.co.uk doesn't work.  That's where I have to get my physcial copy from.  We don't have any chain department stores or game stores where I live (no chain fast food restaurants either LOL).

That actually sounds rather delightful, Dellena.  :)
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."