Author Topic: The Sims 4 Discussion - Share your Opinion on TS4 and Gameplay Features  (Read 110183 times)

Offline symphonicanima

• Nova Salerix
  • Llama Wrangler
  • Origin ID: symphonicanima
Re: The Sims 4 Discussion - Share your Opinion on TS4 and Gameplay Features
« Reply #285 on: August 16, 2014, 09:54:55 PM »
I'll be holding off ordering the Sims 4 until at least the release of the first expansion pack. Not that I have anything against it despite the missing features, but just that, after reading this thread, I realized I never really explored my own Sims 3 game fully. I adore all the expansion packs (especially the last one, despite the notorious opportunity bug), but I've never done much with my game despite creating Sims for the most part.

That being said, waiting also gives me time to observe what can be done in the full game when it's out, and there will be bug patches to fix what may be glitching in the Sims 4 by that point. And finally, I am a bit short on money to pre-order the Sims 4 right now, haha.

I wish everyone a happy time Simming with 4, and I'll be waiting to join you players soon!

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #286 on: August 16, 2014, 10:06:50 PM »
I've been planning to wait all along mostly to see what people here have to say. Dellena, your journal will be really helpful to me in making the decision to buy early or wait awhile for more additions. So thanks ahead of time to you and the many others who will be posting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline _Annika_

• Immortal
« Reply #287 on: August 16, 2014, 11:43:36 PM »
After looking at the list of things missing I'm more disappointed than ever. Granted, there aren't really 89 different things, surely if you exclude toddlers you don't need cribs, change tables or toddler toys.

The lack of some basic skills and careers, and standard objects does upset me though (dishwashers!? Really?!). Most of all, the thing I hadn't yet seen mentioned (I tuned out for a while though) was the completely flat, unalterable landscape and one foundation level for the entire house.

Suffice to say I am very very disappointed with what has been left out.

I too will be following the experience of others before I decide to buy the game. @Dellana I will look forward to reading about your experiences and what you learn about the game. If by the time the first tournament challenge is written I have found something I like, I may buy the game, but at this point it is not looking good.

*Edited to remove some negativity - I don't want to rain on anyone's parade. You really must look at the list of new things that have been added to balance out what has been removed before letting this list bring you down. I guess I was secretly looking forward to Sims 4 after all if it made me feel so bad! :D Looks like someone will be buying it after all, if at least not straight away.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #288 on: August 17, 2014, 03:07:00 AM »
Sorry folks, but I removed the link to that list of "89 Features Missing From Sims 4".  The comments on that page violate our rules about profanity and EA bashing.  I just cannot allow a direct link to all of that hatefulness and negativity.

Now then...  whether you guys buy the new Sims 4 is completely your own decision.  If you buy it, that's fine.  If you don't buy it, that's fine, too.  Until the game is released and we have it in our hands, we won't know what it's really like.  To pass judgement on it so harshly pre-release makes no sense.  The fact is, there's no satisfying some players.  Sims 3 got major complaints about being sluggish and freezing.  So maybe EA made Sims 4 with that in mind.  I don't know and neither does the average player.  I've got mine on pre-order and I'm not going to cancel it.  I'll play it with a fair and open mind.  I'll help Carl write articles and I'll manage these two Forums. 

This Sims 3 Forum will stay just as it is for as long as we have visitors.  There will still be stories written and questions answered.  I, myself, have just started posting a new story for my 4 x 4 Dynasty.  The only thing we won't have are new challenges.  All of the challenge business will be focused on Sims 4.

Like, Bri, I appreciate the maturity of our members and the fact that we don't get as hateful as other forums.  Thank you all for continuing to prove that our faith in you is well deserved.  :)

Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #289 on: August 17, 2014, 03:33:39 AM »
lol, well I'm prepared to buy the game warts and all when it first comes out. I'm not really concerned about what's not in the game, but I'm sure there will be things in there that will surprise us because we didn't know they would be there. I pre-ordered my game from EB and have been paying it off over time. I paid the last installment last week, so when it comes out, I can just go and collect it and not worry about having the money :-)
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Offline KhaineGB

• Immortal
« Reply #290 on: August 17, 2014, 05:06:01 AM »
Something I would like to point out from a technical aspect, that people may find useful.

Yes, it has been announced that Sims 4 is a 32-bit application, therefore will only use a maximum of 4GB RAM. However, this doesn't mean that having MORE than 4GB of RAM, or running a 64-bit operating system, won't actually benefit the game.

Think of your RAM as a pie. You turn on your PC, windows loads up... it want's a slice of the pie. Then all your drivers want a slice of the pie... then Origin does, etc.

So if you have 8GB of RAM, Windows takes what it wants, Origin takes what it wants... and then Sims 4 can still have a nice, 4GB portion of pie.

This means having a 64-bit operating system, with more than 4GB of RAM, will still benefit The Sims 4 despite the fact it's limited to 4GB maximum. :) Sims 3 is exactly the same in this regard too.

Dellena

« Reply #291 on: August 17, 2014, 05:11:23 AM »
I pre-ordered my game from EB and have been paying it off over time. I paid the last installment last week, so when it comes out, I can just go and collect it and not worry about having the money :-)

That was really smart! :D  I think there's going to be lots and lots to discover.  Even the people at the Creator's Camp didn't find the entrances to the hidden areas - they didn't even know about them.  So it makes me wonder what other things are hidden out there for us to find and experience.  I really can't wait

As for my upcoming blog thread, please feel free to make requests about features or to expand on anything that I mention.  Here's my sim I'll be playing with:

As you can see, she's single with the Musical Genius aspiration and for traits she has Music Lover, Bookworm and Romantic.  I believe it is the Entertainer career that she'll be doing and as we go along, we'll see if she finds Mr. Right.  So keep in mind that interactions availalbe to her will be the basic ones plus any that are part of her traits.  So, for example, if you want to see Evil interactions, I won't be able to help you with this sim.

@KhaineGB  Great analogy!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline bubbles

• Dynasty Novice
  • Watcher
« Reply #292 on: August 17, 2014, 05:54:33 AM »
@Khaine, that's a great way to think of it! Thanks for that! We use pies to visualise things all the time at schooland your approach is excellent!
Bubbles's Workshop
Friends are like potatoes; if you eat them, they die. My friends friend.

Offline KhaineGB

• Immortal
« Reply #293 on: August 17, 2014, 06:05:45 AM »
Thanks both!

I thought doing it that way might help. It's basically saying "Here you go, Sims 4, have half a pie!" instead of "You want the whole pie? Ooooh... not sure if we can do that." :)

Offline RunAmokSims

• Immortal
« Reply #294 on: August 17, 2014, 11:13:38 AM »
Well, after reviewing the list I think you have to take it with a grain of salt. I doubt this is the "truth" of what sims 4 will be like.

You are smart to think like that.  I've spent a lot of time at the EA forum and found there is a very negative core of posters who have nothing positive to say about TS4.  Some of this core are the ones maintaining "the list". 

Many of the things posted were half truths, rumor and speculation and later had to be edited. Some were, some weren't.

I think the best course of action for people on the fence is read official news, articles by people who have had hands on time or just wait and see reports of people who have actually bought and played the game.

I'm going to be getting the game on release day and looking forward to it with a lot of anticipation.  Like others have said, it's a new game and I'm approaching it as such.

I have a lot of hopes for TS4 and I'm expecting a lot.  If EA delivers I'll be going on to EPS.  If not it'll go on a shelf next to TSM. I look at it this way.  It's easier to add content to the game than it is to make the Sims themselves smarter and better.  I learned that lesson from TS3. 

Just like there is a "missing" list there is also a list there called "Running list of confirmed features, 138 and counting!" but just like the "missing" list that is slanted towards the super negative, the confirmed list is slanted toward the super positive.

I think the truth will lie somewhere in the middle.

McHazy

« Reply #295 on: August 17, 2014, 01:25:14 PM »
I agree with you RunAmokSims, I am taking everything with a pinch of salt. I'm actually avoiding the official forum for Sims 4 now, I much prefer the nice and calm surroundings here at Carl and Pam's. The sheer negativity of some of the threads there are affecting my excitement and anticipation for the new game. My strategy - unless its constructive critism, avoid and pass judgement on your own terms.

I am currently playing the base game only on TS3 to prepare for the new game and, even with the patches its amazing how much you get used to with all the EPs, SPs and Store stuff added in! I'm really enjoying it though.

Offline Cheezey

• Immortal
« Reply #296 on: August 17, 2014, 01:37:20 PM »
I've been on the fence about Sims 4 and canceling my preorder, but in the end something keeps telling me to give it a chance. I've watched numerous game play videos, and while some have shown me things that disappointed me in one way or another, there are also things that I think have a lot of potential and/or look like they would be fun to play with.  Watching various game play videos that didn't come from EA trailers has actually made me feel more positive than I did before. 

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #297 on: August 17, 2014, 02:10:45 PM »
I just want to get in there and play the sims I've created with the demo!! Alas, a lack of funds (read new laptop) has put paid to that idea!
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Tyw7

« Reply #298 on: August 17, 2014, 02:49:55 PM »
In Sims 4 CAS, can you create baby with the same genetics for same sex sims?

Offline bubbles

• Dynasty Novice
  • Watcher
« Reply #299 on: August 17, 2014, 03:03:23 PM »
In Sims 4 CAS, can you create baby with the same genetics for same sex sims?
Because the full game isn't out yet and you can't create children in the demo, no one knows yet.
Bubbles's Workshop
Friends are like potatoes; if you eat them, they die. My friends friend.