Author Topic: The Sims 4 Discussion - Share your Opinion on TS4 and Gameplay Features  (Read 110184 times)

Naria

Re: The Sims 4 Discussion - Share your Opinion on TS4 and Gameplay Features
« Reply #255 on: August 12, 2014, 05:49:42 PM »
Only two wishes in the CAS demo so far: Being able to drag noses down lower, and hoping the mens posture gets tweaked, it's so weird...  ???  It seems no matter what I do, their posture is incredibly off, they have a six pack but their chest looks like a lanky 12 year old, and they kinda look chubby even with a six pack...  :o And the hips are a horror...

But otherwise I love it. I am probably going to keep messing around with it all night. Mostly the noses and mens bodies  :P

Offline KhaineGB

• Immortal
« Reply #256 on: August 12, 2014, 10:53:25 PM »
A note for laptop owners.

If you don't already, use an external mouse. It makes playing around in CAS a -lot- easier! It doesn't seem very touchpad friendly.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline bubbles

• Dynasty Novice
  • Watcher
« Reply #257 on: August 13, 2014, 03:13:23 AM »
I noticed that too. I could probably go hunting for one but at the moment I'm stuck with the touchpad. I'm getting used to it already, though.
Bubbles's Workshop
Friends are like potatoes; if you eat them, they die. My friends friend.

Offline KhaineGB

• Immortal
« Reply #258 on: August 13, 2014, 03:50:58 AM »
Maplin's own brand mice are pretty good :)

Cerulian I think they're called. They're classified as gaming mice and about £10. I use one on my laptop because I can't be bothered to unplug the Razer mouse from my desktop. Really nice little mouse for the price!

Offline bubbles

• Dynasty Novice
  • Watcher
« Reply #259 on: August 13, 2014, 04:37:31 AM »
The Sims 4 is currently on at gamescom. On the EA website, it's at about 2:03:00. I was playing the demo so I missed it but luckily you can scroll back and forth!
Bubbles's Workshop
Friends are like potatoes; if you eat them, they die. My friends friend.

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #260 on: August 13, 2014, 07:27:34 AM »
OOh, I think there are going to be lots of arhhh moments in this game. Love the look of some of those houses, especially that dome type house and a freezer bunny house!!
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Dellena

« Reply #261 on: August 13, 2014, 07:58:21 AM »
OH MY GOSH

Sims Community has released an online copy of the Guide guild that was given to them during The Sims 4 EU Preview Event at Gamescon.

Here is a link: http://simscommunity.net/the-sims-4-quick-start-guide/

What has me so excited is the picture EA used for the 'Dreamy Actor' is my very own Jude Law that I made with the demo and uploaded to the Gallery.  I'm totally blown away and chair dancing.

Edited :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #262 on: August 13, 2014, 08:22:36 AM »
O M G

Sims Community has released an online copy of the Guide guild that was given to them during The Sims 4 EU Preview Event at Gamescon.

Here is a link: http://simscommunity.net/the-sims-4-quick-start-guide/

What has me OMG'ing is the picture EA used for the 'Dreamy Actor' is my very own Jude Law that I made with the demo and uploaded to the Gallery.  I'm totally blown away and chair dancing.

Well, I can see that you're very excited and with good reason!  Now take a deep breath and remember about font size and abbreviations.  ;D
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Dellena

« Reply #263 on: August 13, 2014, 08:24:48 AM »
Be glad I didn't include an MP3 file. (laughing)  I was screaming the house down!  My cats are still in hiding wondering what's happened.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #264 on: August 13, 2014, 08:31:51 AM »
Be glad I didn't include an MP3 file. (laughing)  I was screaming the house down!  My cats are still in hiding wondering what's happened.

I can imagine!  Your Sim looks just like Jude Law, too!  Excellent job on that.  I just got the demo last night and have spent the last three hours or so creating Carina Dreamweaver.  It was so hard!
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Dellena

« Reply #265 on: August 13, 2014, 08:38:09 AM »
It takes some time to get used to all the controls and everything that you can manipulate.  Just last night I found the control spot that determine the uptilt to the tip of the nose.  Also, Pam, you can always come back to a sim you're saved to your library without having to use any cheat.  You can simply bring the household back into create a sim which I think is fantastic.

Offline KhaineGB

• Immortal
« Reply #266 on: August 13, 2014, 11:26:49 AM »
I can imagine!  Your Sim looks just like Jude Law, too!  Excellent job on that.  I just got the demo last night and have spent the last three hours or so creating Carina Dreamweaver.  It was so hard!

I find it amusing the first name of your sim is exactly the same as the character my friend just made for our World of Darkness pen'n'paper game... :)

Offline itchywitch

• Nooboo
« Reply #267 on: August 13, 2014, 07:31:40 PM »
I've had the demo for awhile now and have made many sims for my library.  (I would love to see their smiling faces as townies in Willow Creek.) :D  I found, in my case, that there's definitely a learning curve to making sims there.  :P

My biggest disappointment was probably the omission of CAS.  But I regrouped and am looking forward to the gameplay which I think from the videos I've seen, is going to be a hoot.  (I love Pancake Bob and It's Amber.) :D

I just can't wait until Sept. 2.

Congrats to Dellana for your sim being used in the guide.  How exciting! 

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #268 on: August 14, 2014, 03:12:18 AM »
It takes some time to get used to all the controls and everything that you can manipulate.  Just last night I found the control spot that determine the uptilt to the tip of the nose.  Also, Pam, you can always come back to a sim you're saved to your library without having to use any cheat.  You can simply bring the household back into create a sim which I think is fantastic.

Where is that control spot for uptilting the nose??
I agree that being able to bring made sims/households back to create a sim is such a cool feature. I also love the organisation of the clothes etc into distinct categories. It only struck me just how good that is after I was making a new sim for Moonlight Falls this afternoon as I sat there waiting for everything to load... and did I mention waiting for everything to load?
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Dellena

« Reply #269 on: August 14, 2014, 04:24:27 AM »
Ok, while in the face mode, but NOT detail mode, hover your cursor between their eyes on the nose.  You should get the grid markings over the nose but the cursor will be the circle one.  Click and drag. :)