Author Topic: The Sims 4 Discussion - Share your Opinion on TS4 and Gameplay Features  (Read 110156 times)

Offline RunAmokSims

• Immortal
Re: The Sims 4 Discussion - Share your Opinion on TS4 and Gameplay Features
« Reply #135 on: July 15, 2014, 11:15:08 AM »
What's the moral of this story? I am not fond of TS4 mechanics right NOW, but if someone writes a Dynasty story for it, I may end up buying everything for TS4 and uninstalling TS3. Don't look at first impressions because chances are you may be pleasantly surprised. As for me, I'll be waiting for that epic TS4 Dynasty that makes me its inevitable worshipper.  ;D

I think that some stories will actually be more fun than they were in TS3.  I've tried some of the challenges that started with TS2 like the Asylum Challenge and the I'm Surrounded By Idiots Challenge.  My Sims tended to stand around and didn't seem to interact as much as they did in TS2.   One of my disappointments in TS3 was in playing a homeless or poor Sim.  It didn't seem matter to the Sim if they were living in a mansion or a shack.  I don't know if TS4 Sims will be that smart but I'm hopeful.

Offline symphonicanima

• Nova Salerix
  • Llama Wrangler
  • Origin ID: symphonicanima
« Reply #136 on: July 15, 2014, 03:12:49 PM »
I think I'll be keeping both the Sims 3 as well as playing 4. Sure, I may uninstall 3 one day in favor for playing 4 full time, but with the amount of additional content and the more "realistic" style of the sims in 3, I can see myself using that game for crafting how a certain sim would look like in that style and playing simple games while I wait for the bugs to be worked out, the mechanics and extra content to be added as 4 loses its initial base-game-ness.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Dellena

Please move to Official Info thread
« Reply #137 on: July 19, 2014, 01:42:21 PM »
The Sims 4 Official Gameplay Walkthrough Trailer - brand new!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uN2ue9y7_2M&feature=youtu.be

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #138 on: July 19, 2014, 02:13:16 PM »
Thanks for posting the link, Dellena!

I love the pirate ship for the children to play on in the park. If I hadn't pre-ordered already, that would probably decide it for me.

I'm glad to see that the loading screens don't take too long -- 30 seconds to go to the gym and 18 to go back to the house. They've confirmed that you can go to any world, apparently with anyone who happens to be on the same lot, the same way. I would imagine that the loading screen for a different world might take longer. The lots you can go to include library, gym, museum, nightclub, and your own house, plus 2 lounges (edited in).

Getting a house from the Gallery is really easy -- you just set it on top of your old house, and the change is done.

Looking forward to September!

When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Dellena

« Reply #139 on: July 19, 2014, 05:05:29 PM »
Was great to watch!  Am SOOO looking forward to September.  The landscape is so lush and beautiful.  Sim interactions are mush more diverse as well.  I agree about the play park area for the kids.  VERY cute!

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #140 on: July 20, 2014, 02:33:55 AM »
I think my favourite part from the trailer was seeing curved kitchen counters! I like Don Lothario's new look and it seems like there is a new Caliente, Katrina. I'm just wondering if dying from laughter is as easy to accomplish as it seemed in the trailer and am really hoping it isn't as all I can see is Sims randomly dying.
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline LittleMissSims

• Nooboo
« Reply #141 on: July 20, 2014, 03:29:20 AM »
Did anyone notice the vampire playing chess against Graham in the park? Although I don't often play with different life states, it's cool to see that they are included.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #142 on: July 20, 2014, 04:18:48 AM »
Did anyone notice the vampire playing chess against Graham in the park? Although I don't often play with different life states, it's cool to see that they are included.

I don't know, I don't think he was a vampire.

Did anyone notice when they were in the gallery, there is a tab up the top for subscriptions.. I wonder what that is all about.

So looking forward to this to be released. Not quite 7 weeks for me.
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Dellena

« Reply #143 on: July 20, 2014, 08:18:23 AM »
I wonder if the subscription will replace Sim points.  Which wouldn't bother me.  I figure over the last year, I've spent over 100 pounds on points.

Offline Tigerskin

• Occult
« Reply #144 on: July 20, 2014, 08:57:22 AM »

LittleMissSims I thought he was too (very pale etc) plus when Graham's options came up whilst talking to him there was one that mentioned vampires, something like "discuss vampires".

Edited to say: it actually says: "Tell joke about vampires". It's at 8 minutes in top left corner of the options.

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #145 on: July 20, 2014, 09:15:40 AM »
I still feel quite underwhelmed by it all, I spotted more things I disliked than liked in that gameplay video, the fact that was older software makes me feel I should still wait and see how the final thing turns out though.

Some of the textures still bother me, the grass especially, I'm no photoshop expert but I have used it quite a lot and I could make that easily in a minute with a couple of shades of green and one of the filters it comes with, I hope that it is just a WIP texture and not the final grass. The UI is different and I think I could get used to it but I dislike the conversation box being in the the top middle, I find it draws my eye too much, over on the top left as it currently is would be my preference. And everything glowing when you moused over it, that bothered me as well.

The instant changing to party clothes might remove one of my pet peeves from Sims 3, the laughing and booing at parties/weddings because somebody isn't in the correct clothes, so that I saw as a plus. There are quite a few little things with this game that I feel are good changes but they aren't enough to make me want to buy it.

I wonder if the subscription will replace Sim points.  Which wouldn't bother me.  I figure over the last year, I've spent over 100 pounds on points.

I've read that it's to subscribe to your favourite creators so you can find them easier, guess we shall see as there is also this premium membership thing that flashes past just as they enter the gallery, if you pause it and take a look it basically says you can save on new packs with early access and exclusive items.

Really I'd just like to see a proper demonstration without all the nonsense and Bro's and death by laughter, I still feel I have little idea of what normal everyday life is like for a sim, you know the mundane day to day stuff, family life, careers, hobbies and skills other than peeved push ups. I have a feeling I wont really know any of that until I can read Carl's guide and see what those playing the game think of it.

Sorry if this all seems negative and I'm pleased some of you are looking forward to it, I just can't seem to produce much enthusiasm for it at the moment. Perhaps yours will rub off on me once the game is finally here.

Offline RunAmokSims

• Immortal
« Reply #146 on: July 20, 2014, 10:48:53 AM »

I think the subscription more likely refers to the option EA was talking about a few months ago.  There was something in a survey about paying a fee for access to game content or early access to game content.   Personally I'd have to learn more about it.

My questions would be
A monthly fee?
A yearly subscription?
What would it actually cover?
Would it be digital content equal to a store download or more like an EP?
If it were like an EP would it also be released on disc in stores?

I'd have a lot of questions.

EA also posted about Simpoints in their FAQ.    http://www.thesims.com/faq    They would not be supported by TS4.  I read one  EA article and it seems it would revert to an actual money transaction as some of the world purchases are now.

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #147 on: July 20, 2014, 06:21:21 PM »
LittleMissSims I thought he was too (very pale etc) plus when Graham's options came up whilst talking to him there was one that mentioned vampires, something like "discuss vampires".

Edited to say: it actually says: "Tell joke about vampires". It's at 8 minutes in top left corner of the options.

I totally missed that. I just thought he had a pale complexion. There may be vampires afer all.
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Offline Grim Reaper

• Bringer Of Death
  • Occult
« Reply #148 on: July 20, 2014, 08:52:29 PM »
I'm a little bummed they aren't making this for console.  I know a lot of companies are moving forward with next generation consoles.  I haven't bought my PS4 yet, because none of the games I want that are moving to PS4 have come out yet, probably not until next year.  I wouldn't care if, as usual, they made a less awesome version of The Sims 4 for PS3 for example, but as long as they made one.

Offline simlover16

• Townie
    • The Power of Knowledge Immortal Dynasty
« Reply #149 on: July 21, 2014, 01:11:00 AM »
They were advertising, IMO, like stand-up comedy was a total new thing to the Sims series. (Maybe I just didn't pay attention clearly, they might have not been making it look like a new feature) But I've been on a Sims 2 binge and my sims were in Belladonna Cove's coffee shop and I discovered my sim could do stand up comedy and the interaction looks much like the Sims 4 when they showed it. Guys, they are doing great on advertising featured that are already in the game.
"You're waiting for a train. A train that'll take you far away. You know where you hope this train will take you. But you can't know for sure. Yet it doesn't matter. Now, tell me why?" -Dom Cobb

anything