Author Topic: The Sims 4 Discussion - Share your Opinion on TS4 and Gameplay Features  (Read 110170 times)

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
Re: The Sims 4 Discussion - Share your Opinion on TS4 and Gameplay Features
« Reply #120 on: July 11, 2014, 02:20:20 AM »
I loved that video - thanks! I was particularly excited by the filtering clothes by colour, style, material and category, and the huge range of colours and patterns. I don't feel so bad about no CASt anymore :)

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
« Reply #121 on: July 11, 2014, 07:44:50 AM »
Hi, I was going through the great guide to the CAS demo that you did Carl and I was looking at the screen shots.. am I right in thinking that there isn't a dice for the random traits option?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline KhaineGB

• Immortal
« Reply #122 on: July 11, 2014, 08:58:20 AM »
Money permitting... I'm now actually considering picking this up on release day thanks to Carl's CAS demo.

I just hope I can remove Origin after it's installed. I HATE that thing.

Dellena

« Reply #123 on: July 11, 2014, 09:20:26 AM »
If you want access to the Gallery, you're going to have to keep Origin I think.  The Gallery is the exchange equivalent for Sims 4.  But better.

Offline KhaineGB

• Immortal
« Reply #124 on: July 11, 2014, 10:01:43 AM »
I can live with that. I don't use the exchange anyway.

Dellena

« Reply #125 on: July 11, 2014, 10:46:01 AM »
I hardly used the exchange either.  But I will say, I'll be using the Gallery!  OMG it's brilliant and you can load a sim or house, etc. straight into your live game - no waiting, etc.  Sooooo much better.

Offline KhaineGB

• Immortal
« Reply #126 on: July 11, 2014, 11:01:29 AM »
The last time I installed Origin, my poor laptop ended up taking 10 minutes to boot.

So I'm very wary about reinstalling it because I really don't fancy reinstalling windows AGAIN. >_<

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RunAmokSims

• Immortal
« Reply #127 on: July 11, 2014, 11:26:39 AM »
The last time I installed Origin, my poor laptop ended up taking 10 minutes to boot.

So I'm very wary about reinstalling it because I really don't fancy reinstalling windows AGAIN. >_<

Did you take it out of your start up programs?  I set my start up menu with the essential programs and leave others for me to open when I need them.

On another note.  Have all of you seen this video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2r0u2dfPhjw

It's two hours long and shows, I think, everything available in the CAS demo. It's nice to watch because there's no commentary from the creator,  he just clicks through all the items.  You'll see Sim body possibilities, walks, clothing.  As far as I know all of it.

Offline kellie13

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #128 on: July 11, 2014, 09:40:23 PM »
Haha! As I said, not so good with the computer knowledge. I'm still thinking about taking classes to be understand these contraptions. All because of my Sims addiction!

Offline KhaineGB

• Immortal
« Reply #129 on: July 12, 2014, 07:55:26 AM »
Right... let's see if Origin will behave THIS time...

Offline Beezy

• Watcher
  • Corey :)
« Reply #130 on: July 12, 2014, 02:53:20 PM »
I was stunned when they said no CASt, and then even more shocked when they revealed no toddlers and pools.

Offline symphonicanima

• Nova Salerix
  • Llama Wrangler
  • Origin ID: symphonicanima
« Reply #131 on: July 12, 2014, 04:45:21 PM »
I'm apprehensive and like several other members have commented, on the fence, about TS4. The removal of CASt, toddlers and pools didn't particularly faze me but it definitely makes me wonder about what else they have pulled out from this game. The new CAS seems a little limited in options but the sheer amount of control and the rest of its features, along with the entire Build & Buy showing, looks fantastic either way. The cartoonish style was a bit of a relief for me, actually, as I often spend far too much time searching for hyper realistic mods for my sims' appearance, so I definitely love it.

In all likelihood, I'll be picking up this game on pre-order but saving a playthrough of it until they can work out the major bugs with the game.

Offline simlover16

• Townie
    • The Power of Knowledge Immortal Dynasty
« Reply #132 on: July 13, 2014, 12:21:40 AM »
It is aggravating that they're adversitsing features that have already been in the sims. Maybe they are advertising them because they're improved. It disappoints me that there is no absolute guarantee that they're gonna give us pools and toddlers (and if they do, is it gonna be at an outrageous cost?) I love families in the Sims series and it really feels lacking without toddlers. All of this ... mess about all the cuts has really made me lose interest in it, but I'm gonna hand EA over the cash anyway.
Am I the only one who wasn't fascinated by the whole emotions (it drives me crazy how they want shut up about that. lol) because it felt like emotions were already someone emulated through moodlets. I mean, heck, I've seen my sims walk with their head down in TS3 when they were ashamed.
I hope I intelligently stated my thoughts and opinions. I ask for no debate.
"You're waiting for a train. A train that'll take you far away. You know where you hope this train will take you. But you can't know for sure. Yet it doesn't matter. Now, tell me why?" -Dom Cobb

Offline EtnaFan666

• Shy Sage of Sucrose
  • Occult
  • Don't mess with Texas, foo!
« Reply #133 on: July 13, 2014, 01:58:30 PM »
Let me tell you how I got into this game franchise - it all started when I clicked on a link that took me to a story called "The Obsession Legacy", and it was a Sims 2 Legacy on the Exchange(back when they had an Exchange) written by someone called LucyPeps, who I found out was British. Her Sims were named after characters from Harry Potter, Star Trek and a TV spy show called 24. (Anyone who has seen 24? All I knew was what was from the Legacy, about some spy called Jack Bauer.)

Anyways, this author kept me hooked until the end of the legacy, even though one of her chapters was taken down due to violations of terms of service(she put it back up on her blog in LiveJournal), and then I decided to start my own legacy and that made me buy The Sims 2 and every expansion pack.

I did a few failed Apocalypse challenges(which are easier to do in TS2 due to University being different) but I successfully completed a Toddlermania challenge(with a negative penalty because I abused a mod painting to make my caretaker's needs). Then the Sims 3 was announced and I was wary of it - no more isolated lots, everyone aging at the same time? That would be great for legacies as TS2 had immortal spares running about but I wasn't sure.

Then I clicked on a link and read Pam's Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty, and that hooked me as strongly as Lucy's Obsession Legacy did in TS2. I was a big fan and did many attempts at the Dynasties.

What's the moral of this story? I am not fond of TS4 mechanics right NOW, but if someone writes a Dynasty story for it, I may end up buying everything for TS4 and uninstalling TS3. Don't look at first impressions because chances are you may be pleasantly surprised. As for me, I'll be waiting for that epic TS4 Dynasty that makes me its inevitable worshipper.  ;D
I play The Sims 4 for fun, so I don't care if I never end up being interviewed for the Dynasty Hall of Fame; people who play for keeps burn out too easily and don't enjoy playing the games, so I am going to not sweat the details.

"With great ability comes great taking into account of one's actions!" - spoken by an NPC in Lego Marvel Superheroes

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #134 on: July 15, 2014, 03:04:37 AM »
I've spent my weekend playing Medieval after getting it in the current sale, it's been an eye opener in some ways.

First thing that struck me was the landscape, the rocks inparticular looked very familiar, I found a picture online here, not so vastly different to the ones in Willow Creek.

The textures in places, for example the docks, look smoother and more stylized/plastic than wooden, also reminds me of the Sims 4 pictures, then there is the vanishing off screen to the village shop or the forest, the fact it is like an invisible wall you end up clicking on for interactions but you can see further than you can go isn't so bad, if the neighbourhood edges are more like that I might find that okay, it gives a more open appearance at least.

It isn't a sims game as I know it, but it's quite fun, maybe that is how I should be looking at Sims 4.

EtnaFan, I know what you mean, it was a story on the old sims 2 boards that made me buy it, some man trying to pick up chicks on his computer, the way it was written had me in stitches and I just had to get the game  ;D