Author Topic: The Sims 4 Discussion - Share your Opinion on TS4 and Gameplay Features  (Read 110162 times)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 4 Discussion - Share your Opinion on TS4 and Gameplay Features
« Reply #105 on: July 09, 2014, 04:25:31 AM »
I just want to say how much I appreciate all of the kind words I've seen here about our Forum.  It really makes me happy to know that so many of you feel that this is a safe environment for discussions and getting help.  This has been my baby for the last five years and I'm so very pleased that we've been able to grow into such a nice community.

After reading Carl's review of the Create-A-Sim demo, I'm even more excited!  CAS is where it all starts in the game and to hear first hand from Carl that it's such a great experience goes a long way for me.  I can't wait to see what Carina Dreamweaver looks like in Sims 4! 
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Mahmeya

• Townie
« Reply #106 on: July 09, 2014, 05:39:31 AM »
Related to the demo and the new way to adjust sims' body parts, there is one question I have as fantasy fan:
Can you make a sim with pointy ears?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline KhaineGB

• Immortal
« Reply #107 on: July 09, 2014, 05:53:08 AM »
Now I'm worried that my computer, which has played Sims 3 beautifully (most of the time), will not be able to handle both games. I was thinking I might put 3 on flash drive, delete it from my computer, then install 4. However, I would have to do the reverse when I want to play 3 again. I think. Playing on computers I can do, understanding them...not so much. I wonder of hubby will let me get another laptop so I can have one for each game! Hmmm...not likely. At least I can be thankful that this is the biggest concern in my life right now!

Unless you have a severe lack of space, you don't need to do that. You should be able to have both games installed at the same time.

Just don't try and RUN them at the same time.

Dellena

« Reply #108 on: July 09, 2014, 07:38:18 AM »
@kellie13   If it's a space issue on your hard drive, have you considered an external drive?  Would be MUCH cheaper than another laptop and you can play either game right from that drive once it's plugged in.

Offline Bri

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #109 on: July 09, 2014, 08:01:45 AM »
I think I saw that Sims 4 won't be available for Macs at release time.  Bri, do you happen to know where this is mentioned?
You're right Pam.  As of this moment, it is safest to assume there won't be a Mac version available at release time.  Obviously, if this changes, it will be reported :)

As for where it is mentioned, there are a few tweets from the SimGurus, as well as SimGuruHydra's post about the CAS - Demo (which can be found here on the site as well here).
Q: Is there a Mac version of The Sims 4 Create A Sim Demo?
A: We are currently focused on the PC version of The Sims 4. We have no additional information regarding Mac at this time

While this pertains to the Demo, this is pretty much the same answer the tweets have about a general Mac release.

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #110 on: July 09, 2014, 01:54:52 PM »
Has anyone heard if there will be other ways of sharing sims and houses other than The Gallery in The Sims 4?
That's the only thing I've seen mentioned, so I'm wondering if we'll still be able to share them other places also like The Swap Shop here.
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Dellena

« Reply #111 on: July 09, 2014, 02:40:55 PM »
I was thinking a lot today about the new Aspirations and traits and how they might play out over my Sim's lifetime.  Some of this is conjecture based on what I've read so far from the Guru's.

My sim is a new young adult with the following traits:
1. Creative- These Sims tend to be Inspired, can Share Creative Ideas with other Sims, and may become upset if they're not creative for a period of time.
2. Self-Assured - These Sims tend to be Confident.
3. Art Lover - These Sims gain powerful Moodlets from Viewing works of art and can Admire Art and discuss art in unique ways.

Her aspiration at this early point in her life is a creativity aspiration: Painter Extraordinaire - This Sim wants her life to be all about art and painting!  This gives her a bonus trait.
4. Muser - Musers get better boosts to their skills when they're inspired

Time marches on and she completes her aspiration.  She's now established in her career and becoming well known as an artist.  She begins to wish for that special someone in her life - her Mr. Right.

Her new aspiration is a love aspiration: Soulmate - This Sim wants to find and live a rewarding life with "The One"!  Which gives her another bonus trait.
5. Alluring - Alluring Sims are more successful at romance than others.

A bit more time marches along and she finds her Mr. Right and they marry.  Life is good.  Her career is still going well and she's comfortable enough that after a bit, they decide to start a family.

Her new aspiration is a family aspiration: Big Happy Family - This Sim wants to build a large, loving household!  Which gives her another bonus trait.
6. Domestic - Domestic Sims will see their familial relationships grow stronger faster.

My sim has now evolved into a adult woman with a successful career that allows her time to spend with her growing family.  She has a great relationship with her husband as well as her children and her art reflects her maturity.

More time marches on and the children are now moving off and starting their own lives.

Her new aspiration is a nature aspiration: Freelance Botanist - This Sim wants to grow plants and become an expert Gardener!  Again, she gets another bonus trait.
7. Collector - Collectors can find rare collectibles more often.

This is how I envision the new Aspirations and Traits will work in The Sims 4.  I don't know yet how the individual aspirations will be satisfied.  But I know the Guru's have said you can have several aspirations over a sim's lifetime.  I think I'm going to like this system as it's an evolution of the sim based on the choices they make in their life.  I can't wait to try it out and see how close I am.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MomOfMany

• Immortal
« Reply #112 on: July 09, 2014, 03:33:34 PM »
Is that how aspirations are going to work? Once we complete one we get another? I thought they would be more like Lifetime Wishes once it's complete it's complete and you don't get another one. I hope you can get another one after you finish the first I really like that idea!

Any word on number of Sims in a household yet? I really hope we can have more than 8! I can't even make my family as there are 10 of us so I am really hoping to be able to make us all in the Sims 4.

Offline Bri

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #113 on: July 09, 2014, 04:06:29 PM »
Related to the demo and the new way to adjust sims' body parts, there is one question I have as fantasy fan:
Interesting question, but only someone with Demo could possibly answer this :)

Has anyone heard if there will be other ways of sharing sims and houses other than The Gallery in The Sims 4?
That's the only thing I've seen mentioned, so I'm wondering if we'll still be able to share them other places also like The Swap Shop here.
The answer would be no.  The only thing mentioned for sharing is currently the Gallery. 

Is that how aspirations are going to work? Once we complete one we get another? I thought they would be more like Lifetime Wishes once it's complete it's complete and you don't get another one. I hope you can get another one after you finish the first I really like that idea!

The did say you would be able to get more than one Aspiration.  Whether one can choose it or not, that I don't know.
Any word on number of Sims in a household yet? I really hope we can have more than 8! I can't even make my family as there are 10 of us so I am really hoping to be able to make us all in the Sims 4.
Sorry, the limit the SimGurus have said it is still 8.

Offline MomOfMany

• Immortal
« Reply #114 on: July 09, 2014, 04:13:03 PM »
Thanks Bri! I was hoping for more but I'll take what I can get! I like the idea of not being able to choose kind of like Dellena described. That would be kinda cool obviously with maybe a lifetime reward that you could change it or something for the ones who want more control.
Queation though are we going to have lifetime rewards or points or are aspirations not like that? I don't remember how they worked in the Sims 2.

Dellena

« Reply #115 on: July 09, 2014, 05:42:24 PM »
I had to dig this up from http://thesimsofficialmag.com/issue4/sims4 (bolded text by me to highlight Aspiration information):

We're used to crafting Sim personalities with Traits, and those of us that played The Sims 2 even remember when we used to control their Wishes. The Sims 4 lets us get to know our Sims' thoughts and feelings not just through Traits, but through Whims and Aspirations. Whims are like the thought bubbles that come up when Sims are out in the world doing stuff. They're often something a Sim wants to do in the moment, like mix a drink or play with a chess set. Fulfilling a Whim grants the Sim something like Lifetime Happiness points to spend on rewards.

Aspirations are more long-term Sim desires, similar to the Lifetime Wishes from The Sims 3. A Sim might want to master a certain skill or career, or own certain items. Unlike The Sims 3, which limited players to only one Lifetime Wish, the Aspirations in The Sims 4 are organized such that every Sim can have as many as he or she wants. Once a Sim completes an Aspiration, they'll get the corresponding Aspiration Trait that goes along with it. A Sim that becomes a master chef, for example, will get a cooking-based Aspiration Trait.

This suggests to me that you won't get the bonus trait until you've completed the Aspiration.  But you can completed as many aspirations as you want, one at a time.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #116 on: July 09, 2014, 05:55:18 PM »
Nice article Carl, I did notice you said the feet can't be adjusted but I'm sure they mentioned that they can and I saw Graham do so in one of the videos that is floating about.

Yep, I made a mistake. I'm fixing that - thanks for making sure I noticed.

I just tried, and I couldn't do it. From one angle, you can pull the ears out and make them more like a monkey's, from the other make them larger from the side, but I couldn't get dragging up to create a point. Guess they didn't think of Vulcans.

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #117 on: July 10, 2014, 03:06:26 AM »
After reading both Carl's article and watching videos of the demo, I have come realised that I am extremely jealous even without CASt, there is a great variety in the sims you can create. The whole CAS seems really easy to use and I feel that there are a lot of different clothes to choose from. I really am excited for September!
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline Aliena

• Nooboo
« Reply #118 on: July 10, 2014, 03:30:24 PM »
Have you seen this video yet, Carl?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtPdobUT-_o

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #119 on: July 10, 2014, 05:33:15 PM »
Have you seen this video yet, Carl?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtPdobUT-_o

Nope, I had not seen that. Thanks for sharing :)

anything