Author Topic: The Sims 4 Discussion - Share your Opinion on TS4 and Gameplay Features  (Read 110166 times)

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
First impressions of the CAS Demo are great. The system is smooth, slick interface, and very easy to use. I am writing my observations and describing how things work, with plenty of screenshots of the process of building my Sim. It is definitely what I perceived it to be in my features overview. Very powerful, and limitless possibilities. Recreating Simselves and celebrities will be much more doable.

@Khaine: Great observation, and I think you are right on that. Memory and disk space usage will be higher, but I think they are trying to make it so that if you could play Sims 3, you will likely be able to play Sims 4.

Offline MomOfMany

• Immortal
I am really excited for this to come out but a little disappointed as they haven't released any Mac information. I mean I understand that they are focusing on PC but I wish they would just give us some info on it. As it has been one disk for both PC and Mac previously I am thinking that might be different. Does anyone remember if it was this way when Sims 3 first came out? I wasn't a Mac user then! Honestly I want to run out and buy a PC and I might do that if I had the money!

I am really excited for the new create a sim and building aspects they have announced. I am a little bummed about the create a style being gone but maybe once I get my hands on it and play I won't mind it being gone. I didn't use it all that much it was just nice for some things! I am sad for no toddlers because I loved teaching them to walk and talk and potty training but maybe they have some how incorporated these things without the need of a different life stage.

I am a bit puzzled on how this is supposed to run smoother on less equipped computers though. The specs look about the same. Or is that just me not playing much attention? I thought I had a really good computer but it doesn't run the sims 3 too great so that makes me nervous for 4 since it will be a while before I will be getting a new computer again!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline bubbles

• Dynasty Novice
  • Watcher
@Carl: Do you know/can you tell if all the CAS content that will be in the game is in the demo? This is just a matter of interest, but it would be interesting to find out!
Bubbles's Workshop
Friends are like potatoes; if you eat them, they die. My friends friend.

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
@Carl: Do you know/can you tell if all the CAS content that will be in the game is in the demo? This is just a matter of interest, but it would be interesting to find out!

The official forum wont load for me right now but SimsVIP has a copy of the faq, apparently it's a sampling of the full content.

http://simsvip.com/2014/07/08/the-sims-4-create-a-sims-demo-faq/

Also no mac version sorry MomOfMany  :(

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
Here is my reaction to the new CAS Demo. Overall, it's the best character customization engine I've ever used as far as being able to tweak looks, and it's really easy to use. You're going to love it. There's one problem: can't jump into the game after using  :'(

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Tribble is as Tribble does
Here is my reaction to the new CAS Demo. Overall, it's the best character customization engine I've ever used as far as being able to tweak looks, and it's really easy to use. You're going to love it. There's one problem: can't jump into the game after using  :'(

Thank you for sharing, Carl. Your review of CAS ratchets up my excitement for Sims 4 to a whole new level. I appreciate the fact that you identify what works in it and what doesn't work in it. I must say it does look very well put together by them, and it certainly seems to offer a lot more control than many other ones out there.

I can't wait until I can get into it all and create Sims for Sims 4. Isn't it September already? *Checks Calendar* DRAT, July 9 (in Australia). 57ish more sleeps to go. I hope I'm not needed by anyone in my family in early September, because I'll be busy. :)

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
I hope I'm not needed by anyone in my family in early September, because I'll be busy. :)

You and me both. I'm not available for about 2 months starting that day. Too much work and Simming to do.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline kellie13

• Llama Wrangler
Now I'm worried that my computer, which has played Sims 3 beautifully (most of the time), will not be able to handle both games. I was thinking I might put 3 on flash drive, delete it from my computer, then install 4. However, I would have to do the reverse when I want to play 3 again. I think. Playing on computers I can do, understanding them...not so much. I wonder of hubby will let me get another laptop so I can have one for each game! Hmmm...not likely. At least I can be thankful that this is the biggest concern in my life right now!

Offline NexttoNormal

• Townie
  • A bit dramatic, a little insane, mostly artistic
Forum newbie here. I'm really on the fence about the Sims 4. It's great to hear that the CAS engine is smooth, and honestly I like the way the sims look in this game based off the renders and demo clips I've seen so far. I'm very disappointed that there are a lot of things missing in the base game that I've enjoyed from previous sims games (no toddlers for the time being *sobs*), but hopefully it'll still be a good installment to the franchise. One thing I'm not sure about it the alternate universe deal. I've always enjoyed seeing which families carry over from one sims game to another. Oh well, at least we have the Goths and a few other families in this game, which is good.

I think I'm going to wait to get the game, at least until the first patch comes out. Then I'll see how it is compared to the other games in the series.

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
kellie13, I'm not sure why you are worried. Unless it's a problem of not having enough space on the hard drive to house both games, you should be fine. Your computer only needs to handle one game at a time, you don't combine the specs for both games. As long as your computer can run the game and you have enough physical space for both games, you can have both games installed on the same computer.
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
Re: The Sims 4 Discussion - Share your Opinion on TS4 and Gameplay Features
« Reply #100 on: July 09, 2014, 01:50:44 AM »
I liked your article Carl! I actually am excited by the traits and aspirations - some of them seem so interesting! I might end up getting this after all :)

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #101 on: July 09, 2014, 02:36:32 AM »
The no info for macs really worried me. Sims 4 should do macs as well as PCs.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #102 on: July 09, 2014, 02:49:23 AM »
The no info for macs really worried me. Sims 4 should do macs as well as PCs.

I think I saw that Sims 4 won't be available for Macs at release time.  Bri, do you happen to know where this is mentioned?
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #103 on: July 09, 2014, 03:09:56 AM »
Nice article Carl, I did notice you said the feet can't be adjusted but I'm sure they mentioned that they can and I saw Graham do so in one of the videos that is floating about.

Found the video, it's about 50 seconds in http://simsvip.com/2014/06/24/ign-how-to-create-your-perfect-sim/

Unless it's not available in the demo version.

Reading those trait descriptions it looks like an emotional rollercoaster, I wonder how much it affects their moods and how long between doing an activity it takes them to feel upset. I hope it's a quite realistic transition between moods and not a constant mood swing.

Offline beardeux

• Occult
« Reply #104 on: July 09, 2014, 03:40:50 AM »
I would like to say to Carl, Pam and everyone who helps make this forum a safe place and wonderful avenue for advice, help and guides, thank you so very much.  I would have given up on Sims3 if not for this site.  I love this forum and I am thrilled to see that you will be continuing with Sims 4.

I think I will be waiting to buy Sims 4 to have a chance to keep up with the forum and see how it's playing out.  I'd like to say that I will rush right out and buy it, and it will kill me to wait.  However, after what I've been through with Sims3, I feel I need to give it time.
  I started with Sims2 and loved it from the start.  I was in a perpetual state of laughter at all the goings on.  I found it hilarious and enchanting.  So few issues they aren't worth mentioning.  I rarely needed a forum.
  Sims3 has been nothing but a huge love/hate relationship for me.  I absolutely love the game, however the technical aspects have been a tremendous challenge.  I've been on the verge of giving up the game so many times.  I have a particular issue that doesn't seem to have affected anyone else and my towns just quit functioning.  I find myself angry at the problems and I often return to Sims 2 just to play a game that plays.  I worry that Sims4 will be just as buggy or even more so than Sims 3.  If I didn't love the game and some of my characters so much, I'd have tossed it.

I'm excited at the prospect of Sims 4 but wary at the same time.  I like the look of the building tool.  It's not my favourite thing to do and it looks like it can be much easier.  Yeah for that.  I also think that not having a lot of outfits, furniture etc. to choose from is no different than the other Sims games.  As each EP comes out, new things will be added to the game and enrichment will abound.  Here's hoping for a much better experience with the game.
Bear Deux
Take Care & Clear Skies
Nice things come in small packages.
Timing is everything.