Author Topic: The Sims 4 Discussion - Share your Opinion on TS4 and Gameplay Features  (Read 110118 times)

Offline jesirose

• Occult
Re: The Sims 4 Discussion - Share your Opinion on TS4 and Gameplay Features
« Reply #360 on: August 27, 2014, 01:21:27 PM »
There was so much I loved, I am pumped to play! But it bugs me so much the way they keep pronouncing "live mode". As "liv", not "live". Weird.

Anyway, I am so excited to play, I was disappointed with the CAS demo but I love love love building :)
- Jessica

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #361 on: August 27, 2014, 01:40:30 PM »
I've ordered it with digital download for just that reason - I don't want to wait a week or two for it to hit the stores.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline jillz

• Origin ID: Charzof
  • Townie
  • Knitter. Gamer. Geek.
    • The New Adventures of Priska
« Reply #362 on: August 27, 2014, 02:50:31 PM »
I pre ordered the digital copy as well. It starts downloading on August 29th so it will be ready to play on the 2nd at midnight.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #363 on: August 27, 2014, 03:24:16 PM »
I love the idea of a resize cheat - that's awesome for decorating, and will help fit more in the house, or see better detail on something you really like. The giant jet in Sims 3 was often too big to use, but might have made a nice decoration for a kid's night stand if it could be shrunk that much!

Offline Mack

• Llama Wrangler
  • Don't fret, or you will miss the fun.
« Reply #364 on: August 27, 2014, 07:10:27 PM »
First, Bri fantastic work to keep us up to date with the news. Just finished watching all the videos. Awesome, awesome, awesome building tools. Despite excellent tutorials in the Sims 3, I could never get the roof right. Tried create a Sims demo. Love that you can outfit your Sims in one place from head to toe. New things, peoples, careers. Awesome, awesome. Did I said awesome!  Sold. if I survive the next five days without going bunker, I will be glued to my computer on September 2 rain or shine. Lucky me, I am from Canada. Oh! what fun we going to have!
Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift; that's why it's called a present.

Offline jillz

• Townie
  • Knitter. Gamer. Geek.
« Reply #365 on: August 27, 2014, 07:15:37 PM »
The video(https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Mn_JbdRSULU) of today's live stream can be found here, courtesy of SimsVIP. Sorry this is so long. It's hard narrating Live mode for an hour!

The Sims 4 Live Stream 8/27

SimGuru Ryan and SimGuruArgus are today's hosts. Today we get to see Live Mode! Woo!

Game started with identical twin brothers, Bad Malakai(Evil, Insane, Genius & Dastardly) & Good Malakai(Good, Cheerful, Genius & Gregarious) in Willow Creek. Both are rocket scientists. Because of their traits, their interactions are different for each other.

Bad Mordekai starts off in Angry emotion and initiates an offensive conversation with his twin brother. Bad Malakai is given the Criminal Career, Oracle path. All careers have 2 options to choose from. Bad Malakai is then sent to hack on the computer which puts him in a Happy emotional state because he is evil.

Aspiration panel is opened up for Bad Malakai and we are shown an Aspiration called Public Enemy to perform Mean or Mischievous actions 25 times. These Aspirations are derived from the Aspiration you choose for your Sim in Create A Sim (more on this later). You can have more than one active Aspiration at once it looks like from the panel and you can pick and choose which ones you work on. It looks like the reward for finishing that Aspiration is 50 Satisfaction points, which are used to buy rewards in the Reward Store (similar to Lifetime Happiness system in Sims 3).

The Gurus decided to give them a new house and went into the Gallery and they
downloaded house/lot made by Ruthless at Creator's Camp for the brothers to live in. Rocket lab lot is replaced with the lot by Ruthless. Argus then went into Build mode again and turned a small bedroom into a workout room.

Back to Live Mode. Both brothers are in Angry emotional state now. Bad Malakai is sent up to the new workout room to do some "Enraged Reps" which is an option that is available because he is an Angry Emotional state.

The relationship panel is opened up and we are told/shown is Good Malakai has the attributes of  Nemesis & Despised in Bad Malakai's panel which drives their available interactions to each other and emotional states. It is unclear how/why these attributes are there but I'm guessing it has to do with their interactions!

Brothers are sent to play chess together and we can see the new feature of multitasking. The brothers are skilling up and chatting at the same time, working on their relationship points.

Good Malakai is sent to cook Grilled Cheese in the kitchen to demonstrate the cooking skill. The brothers then sit down at the table and eat their Grilled Cheese & have a conversation (multitasking again).

Gurus then decide to send the brothers out to a different location, they choose the Rattlesnake Juice bar in Oasis Springs (note this is a different world than the one they originally started in). The loading screen to travel from Willow Creek to Oasis Springs was ~13s.

The Uncomfortable emotional state of Bad Malakai is talked about (he got it from his workout). It will time out in 25 sim minutes. Once that emotion times out the emotion next in the queue, happy, will be the main emotion.

Unique interactions between Sims are based on traits as well as emotional states. Bad Malakai is able to choose the "Share Brilliant Ideas" interaction with Katrina Caliente next because of his Genius trait. Interactions can also come from careers & skills. Bad Malakai has the Handy skills and is able to "Brag About Handiness" to Katrina Caliente next.

Next up, Bad Malakai introduces himself rudely to Mortimer Goth and this counts towards his Public Enemy Aspiration (perform 25 mean or mischievous interactions). For every interaction that counts towards this Aspiration, a small bubble in lower right hand corner pops up with the updated numbers, in this case 5/25 now. Bad Malakai further instigates mean interactions with Mortimer Goth.

SimGurus then show off the Reward Store, which is where you can spend your Satisfaction points that you gain from completing Aspirations. There are some potions that boost your needs instantly (instant fun, instant hygiene) and potions that put you in a specific emotional state (energized, focused, happy, flirty etc). The rest of the rewards are, in ascending order from cheapest to most expensive: Always Welcome, Gym Rat (description shown: Gym Rats build fun when exercising and don't lose Hygiene! Cost 500 Satisfaction points), Speed Cleaner, Mentor, Morning Sim, Night Owl, Speed Reader, Free Services, Marketable, Potion of Youth, Creative Visionary, Entrepreneurial, Frugal, Independent, Observant, Shameless, Steel Bladder, Beguiling, Antiseptic, Carefree, Connections, Fertile, Great Kisser, Hardly Hungry, Never Weary, Professional Slacker, Savant & Super Green Thumb. The cheapest being the needs potions (100 Satisfaction points each) to Super Green Thumb, the most expensive at 4000 Satisfaction points.

Aspiration menu was then opened up and it was explained again that you can change your Aspiration at any time, without losing progress on ones that are already started. Bad Malakai's Aspiration of Public Enemy came from his Deviance Aspiration. SimGuru Ryan said "The Sims are going to evolve as you play, depending on what interactions you choose, what careers you do, how you perform Aspirations. The Sim you made in Create A Sim is likely not going to be the Sim that they are when they keel over dead...Your Sims change as they grow."

After Bad Malakai and Mortimer Goth get into a fistfight, a new Sim(Ryan Vaughn, a Sim of SimGuru Ryan) is choosen from the Gallery to import into the family and then the Sims are sent off to a new venue. They are sent to the community lot in the world of Oasis Springs, Oasis Bloom park. It takes ~3s loading screen to go into Map mode to choose the new lot and ~13s again to load to the new lot.

The Mixology skill is demonstrated by Good Malakai and the Sims socialize and chat in the lodge at the park which has a sitting area, juice bar, fireplace etc. When Sims have to go to the bathroom, they use a different walk now! I'm sure you can imagine what the walk of someone who has to pee looks like.

People in chat wanted to see Romantic interactions, so they did a few of those. Ryan Vaughn Sim's interactions didn't go over too well and he ended up in the Embarassed emotional state. He then told a self deprecating joke to get out of that mood faster.

The 3 Sims are sent home, ~5s loading screen to do that. Curiously, when the lot loads, the Sims are already in bed sleeping but we don't see them arrive and walk to the bed.

A new Sim is imported from the Gallery so the gameplay can continue while the two Malakais and Sim Ryan Vaughn are sleeping. A Sim named Angelina Lewis is merged into the family and plays the violin for a bit, then is sent to paint on an easel.

The Twitch chat has been asking to see kids, so the Gurus decide to make a new family of a Mom & two kids. Apparently, children have their own Aspirations, I wasn't able to see all of them because the camera of the SimGurus was in the way. Cheyanne Redmond, Darwin Blank and Maureen Booker are then merged into the Pancake Family in Willow Creek.

Cheyanne and the kids are then sent off to Magnolia Blossom park, the community lot in Willow Creek. The kids interact with the Pirate Ship and monkey bars and Cheyenne can choose the interaction "Play as Sea Monster" on the pirate ship with her children. This makes Cheyanne duck below the prow of the ship and pop up occasionally, waving her arms, shouting "rawr!" and making faces at her kids. It was really cute.

Cheyanne is sent to fish so the SimGurus can demonstrate how you can cook up a fish at the park to eat if you are hungry.

Darwin finds a sleeping Sim in the lodge where the bathrooms are (it looks like both parks have an indoor area as well as extensive outdoor area with all kinds of activities). Darwin wakes up the sleeping Sim and they interact with each other.

Cheyanne's fishing skill isn't high enough to actually catch a fish, so she is sent over to the barbeque grill to cook up some hot dogs for the family. The family then sits down and eats hot dogs. One Sim joins the family who is a Vegetarian apparently but ends up eating regular hot dogs. Her facial expressions while doing this are sad and dismayed, like the Sim disapproves of her actions. The stream is finished up by having Pancake Bob making pancakes in his iconic bathrobe.

Offline jillz

• Townie
  • Knitter. Gamer. Geek.
« Reply #366 on: August 27, 2014, 07:25:47 PM »
I really enjoyed today's live stream! I highly encourage you to watch it if you're interested. The thing that intrigues me the most is the new Aspiration system. In Sims 3, we had lifetime wishes which you couldn't change unless you cheated or used lifetime happiness points. In the Sims 4, you can change your Aspiration at any time. You are no longer locked into a static goal.

This quote from SimGuru Ryan describes it best, "The Sims are going to evolve as you play, depending on what interactions you choose, what careers you do, how you perform Aspirations. The Sim you made in Create A Sim is likely not going to be the Sim that they are when they keel over dead...Your Sims change as they grow."

I'm super curious to see how this affects challenges and legacies and just game play in general!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #367 on: August 27, 2014, 10:06:39 PM »
I'm in New Zealand so I have to wait until the 5th too and I've pre-ordered mine on digital download. I have all TS3 on digital download too so I'm cool with that.
The 'How To Split Level' /tutorial from TheSimSupply is really neat.

http://thesimsupply.com/videos.html

I'm getting super excited to get playing! And I totally agree about the resize cheat, gosh thats going to be so fun to play with.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Dellena

« Reply #368 on: August 28, 2014, 04:34:18 AM »
Thanks so much for the Split Level video link!

A couple things I noticed that weren't mentioned.  When he applied the outside wall covering, it automatically did the corners.  No need to give the corners their own covering.  BIG time saver.

The stairs at the front of the house automatically cut through the fence.  :o  Another time saver.  Can't wait for the 5th!!!  I'm going to be a basket case next week. LOL

Offline bubbles

• Dynasty Novice
  • Watcher
« Reply #369 on: August 28, 2014, 04:46:24 AM »
Thanks Playalot! The split level actually looks really simple! It gives me a few ideas for other possibilities in the game that I've previously ruled out because of the foundation tool.
Bubbles's Workshop
Friends are like potatoes; if you eat them, they die. My friends friend.

Offline jesirose

• Occult
« Reply #371 on: August 28, 2014, 11:39:58 AM »
I liked how it showed it cost different amounts to cook more food, that looks great. I love anything that makes it more realistic. Like yesterday they said instead of the repo man, you loose power and water if you don't pay the bills. Very cool. It also shows you how long until food spoils!

I like the traveling between worlds. I wonder if it means you will not be able to add/remove venues from specific games like we do in Sims 3. And can you still buy and upgrade them?

- Jessica

Offline KimK972

• Nooboo
« Reply #372 on: August 28, 2014, 12:11:49 PM »
About the change size cheat, James from the Sim Supply said that it works to make small things larger, but not large things smaller. This was in one of his Creator Camp vlogs, I think - I'd have to check.

Offline MissZoef

• Occult
« Reply #373 on: August 28, 2014, 02:37:08 PM »
another thing I think is super awesome is that your power and water supply can actually be cut off if you don't pay your bills. But there were so many little things I'm very happy about that make playing the sims much easier and fun. Can't wait for it to be the 4th since that will be the day it will be coming out here in the Netherlands.

Also I think some new features will be fun for making new challenges! :D

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #374 on: August 28, 2014, 02:58:57 PM »
Another thing about the food was that I've noticed in a few of the videos that when the "Grab a plate together" option is picked everyone sits at the same time and chat as they eat.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

anything