Author Topic: The Sims 4 Discussion - Share your Opinion on TS4 and Gameplay Features  (Read 110123 times)

Dellena

Re: The Sims 4 Discussion - Share your Opinion on TS4 and Gameplay Features
« Reply #210 on: August 04, 2014, 05:18:37 PM »
Dellena, re: your comment about TSR.  They have a first report up.  I thought it made some very interesting reading.  I'm so excited about this game.

http://www.thesimsresource.com/news/site/

Holy smokes Batman!!!!  Awesome write up.  Seeing the multitasking now just revs me up.  This game is going to be total awesomeness.  And the fact that EA is now working with the modders is so good to hear.  The whole attitude toward it seems to be improved on all sides which is great.

Offline RunAmokSims

• Immortal
« Reply #211 on: August 04, 2014, 08:45:56 PM »
I really had to share this article from someone who attended Sim's camp.  It appeals to my twisted sense of humor.  One of my favorite Sims from TS3 was an evil inventor who tried to blow up all of Sunset Valley.  It looks like I'll be able to carry on the tradition. If you have fondness in your heart for your evil Sims this makes for a very entertaining read.

http://kotaku.com/the-sims-4-will-let-you-be-more-evil-than-ever-1615647686?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Facebook&utm_source=Kotaku_Facebook&utm_medium=Socialflow

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline KhaineGB

• Immortal
« Reply #212 on: August 05, 2014, 01:44:36 PM »
An honest to god programming skill?!?!?!?!

I think I just went to my happy place. :D

Offline symphonicanima

• Nova Salerix
  • Llama Wrangler
  • Origin ID: symphonicanima
« Reply #213 on: August 05, 2014, 02:10:14 PM »
I have to agree with Khaine; that sounds super awesome and just amped up my excitement for the Sims 4. I better pre-order soon, for that matter!

Offline JudesSims

• Sim Addict - and Proud of It!
  • Watcher
« Reply #214 on: August 05, 2014, 07:37:47 PM »
I finally got my Sims 4 Create a Sim demo! Yay! Downloading now!

Offline bubbles

• Dynasty Novice
  • Watcher
« Reply #215 on: August 06, 2014, 05:10:36 AM »
If you've got two and a half hours free, go over to SimsVIP! In the last twelve hours they've posted links to so many articles and a couple of videos. I started reading two hours ago, stopped for about 15 minutes to get some breakfast and I'm back to the reading. There's a lot of information from creators camp. One thing that I found which quite amused me was a list if some book titles available to purchase, courtesy of SimsNetwork.

SimsNetwork - Skills and Books in The Sims 4

@judewright, yay for you! I'm still waiting and it's really getting in my nerves now. It makes you feel really left out in a way. But anyway, have fun with the demo!
Bubbles's Workshop
Friends are like potatoes; if you eat them, they die. My friends friend.

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #216 on: August 06, 2014, 07:30:37 AM »
Corner bathtubs!! SimSupply posted some screenshots from the Creator's Camp and there are corner bathtubs and a building with a rounded roof. Not sure if the roof is something builders will be able to use. I know we had the corner bath in HELS, but one in the base game :-)

** edit.. the round roof is available to builders YAY
Anyway check out the pictures on Facebook here... (if you are not familiar with FB, click on the photos to move to the next picture)

Sim Supply on FB
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #217 on: August 06, 2014, 08:57:41 AM »
I like the picture of the kitchen where the counters were rounded when turning a corner in the middle of the room
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #218 on: August 06, 2014, 12:17:12 PM »
@RunAmokSims -- thanks for the link to the story about the evil Sim -- it was very entertaining.
@judewright -- So glad you got the demo! Hopefully everyone will be able to get it soon.

Reading an article by SimsNetwork, I learned that there is a 19th skill -- gourmet cooking. It has its own set of skill books, and apparently each skill has 3 books that you can read.

I've been thinking about how I'll play this and what kinds of stories will be possible. Besides dynasties and other generational games, it looks like we'll also be able to do rotational play. That's where you can control several households -- even all households -- in a neighborhood or world. It was possible in TS3, but you lost relationships and wishes whenever you changed households, and with story progression on, you might even lose a household you'd been playing if no one in your current game had a relationship with them.

That said, I'm thinking about moving some of our friends from Sunset Valley into TS4. Hank Goddard and Pauline Wan, for example -- but into separate houses. In TS3 it was fairly easy to get them married to each other despite their fear of commitment, but how would things work in TS4? Then there are the Wolffs. Secret Agent Thornton Wolff has been lying to his wife all this time, telling her he was in Business, but now he's also lying about a growing relationship with co-worker Jamie Jolina. Will Morgana discover the truth when she takes up a career in Painting, and if she does, what will she do about it?

Basically, we had to manufacture our own drama in TS3, but I'm curious to see how much some of the TS3 Sims will do if they're put into TS4.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

McHazy

« Reply #219 on: August 06, 2014, 12:31:28 PM »
@judewright, yay for you! I'm still waiting and it's really getting in my nerves now. It makes you feel really left out in a way. But anyway, have fun with the demo!

I'm still waiting too, I signed up weeks ago. I want to make some sims! I'm going to London for 5 days on Friday, so I hope it's there when I come back (I hope).  :)

Offline JudesSims

• Sim Addict - and Proud of It!
  • Watcher
« Reply #220 on: August 06, 2014, 12:46:50 PM »
I didn't sign up actually. It just appeared in my Origin launcher after it updated. I didn't get an email or anything. And, after I was cursing it out for crashing my game by updating while I was still playing. LOL. Of course, I had to apologize to it ;)

Naria

« Reply #221 on: August 06, 2014, 01:35:17 PM »
I started off not too excited about Sims 4, but I actually grew to like their cartoony, adorable look after a while.

I was wondering if it was cool to make a thread in the Sims 4 forum about stuff we'd hope to see incorporated in 4 sometime? Not like, ranting and stuff, just fun little things. I'll wait til September if need be, I just think it'd be a fun thread to see what the community wants.  :D

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #222 on: August 06, 2014, 04:06:54 PM »
Honestly, I wouldn't have any problems with the sims 4 except for no story progression. That is what I wanted in sims 4 and it isn't there. I will mod my game. Maybe Nraas will have a story progression for sims 4...

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #223 on: August 06, 2014, 04:13:21 PM »
I don't seem to have any problem with any of the so called 'missing' things. I'm really looking forward to the new game and am totally wishing August away as I didn't get the CAS demo. I've been reading like crazy on SimsVIP site. Like I said... wishing August away!

I like Marion T's idea of putting some SV sims into The Sims 4, it would be like having my cake and eating too  ;)

*ohh, I just opened Origin, and there it was, the CAS demo.  Niiiice  ;D  I'm off to make some Sunset Valley friends
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Naria

« Reply #224 on: August 06, 2014, 04:43:46 PM »
Honestly, I wouldn't have any problems with the sims 4 except for no story progression. That is what I wanted in sims 4 and it isn't there. I will mod my game. Maybe Nraas will have a story progression for sims 4...

Twallan is no longer making mods.  :( Some of the members over there took over with the updates and Nraas mods.

I keep reading about players opening Origin and it's magically there, no such luck for me... I keep trying.  :P

anything