Author Topic: Sims 4 Physical Disk  (Read 22201 times)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: Sims 4 Physical Disk
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2014, 08:22:32 AM »
I'm one of the players who wants the physical disk for the game.  Amazon is definitely selling them for pre-order.  You can find both kinds:

Sims 4 Limited Edition and Sims 4 Premium Edition

Once on the page, just select if you want Limited Edition for $59.96 or if you want the Premium edition for $79.96.

I'll add more to all of this the later.  I'm way past time for getting to bed!
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2014, 11:02:16 PM »
I want everyone to understand that this thread is going to be very closely monitored. The only posts allowed here are those specific to the subject, which is where to find the physical copies of Sims 4. It is not to discuss anything about Sims 3 or to debate digital vs. physical formats. Anything posted that is not strictly on topic will be deleted without notice.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Dellena

« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2014, 06:06:36 AM »
Got this notification today from Amazon:

Hello,

Please be advised that we have a revised delivery date for the items you ordered on June 05 2014 (Order #...).

"The Sims 4 - Premium Edition"
    Estimated arrival date: September 05 2014

Can't wait!!  George, my postman, better not be late on the 5th. ;)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2014, 06:30:35 AM »
Got this notification today from Amazon:

Can't wait!!  George, my postman, better not be late on the 5th. ;)

I wonder if that's because of the type of shipping you chose.  When I was looking around on Amazon, it said that if I want it to arrive on release day, I would need to choose 2nd day shipping.  And that would be for the physical disk version.

Helpful information there, Deklitch.  Thank you.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Dellena

« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2014, 07:22:25 AM »
Release date in the UK is September 5th.  You get it a little earlier in the US.

Offline Deklitch

• Tribble of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Tribble is as Tribble does
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2014, 10:14:36 PM »
Note from Deklitch: I deleted my earlier post in this thread and copied it into this post, so that all the information I've found is together (and anyone who is interested in it doesn't miss any of the information.

Original Post:
In Australia, Electronics Boutique assures me that they will be selling Sims 4 as the physical disk. I haven't checked with JB Hi Fi (the other store in Australia that sells Sims 3 and are advertising selling Sims 4), as I've ordered mine through Electronics Boutique. I think JB Hi Fi would probably sell them as the physical disk as well, however. (I will check with them to confirm, unless someone else beats me to it.)

New information:
I popped into my local JB Hi Fi today and asked them about the release date of Sims 4, and which version of it they'll be selling - only physical, only electronic or both versions. Answers were
- Release date of September 4 (from E3)
- JB Hi Fi are definitely selling the physical version, but depending on what kind is pre-ordered/bought, some digital download content could be included, not sure about the full digital version.

I also went in to Electronics Boutique (EB) to reconfirm my undrstanding and they advised the following
- Release date of September 4.
- They are only selling physical disc version and as far as they are aware the only way to get the digital download version is to purchase it online from EA/Origin.

As far as I know, JB Hi Fi and Electronics Boutique are the only physical stores in Australia that are selling Sims 4. Our version of Target were advertised as stocking Sims 3, but my local store never had any of the expansion packs/stuff packs/sim cards on sale.

Both Electronics Boutique and JB Hi Fi have online stores, so I'd imagine the games can be purchased there as well, but haven't investigated those details (and if I was interested in buying the game online, I'd do it through Origin to support this wonderful site).

Offline Bri

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2014, 12:39:37 AM »
- JB Hi Fi are definitely selling the physical version, but depending on what kind is pre-ordered/bought, some digital download content could be included, not sure about the full digital version.

The Limited Edition will give you access to the Life of the Party Digital Content, whether you buy the physical disc, or the digital version.

If you buy the Deluxe Digital Edition, you also get access to the Up All Night Digital Content,  Awesome Animal Hats Digital Content, the Life of the Party Digital Content and the Sims 4 Digital Soundtrack. 

If you are someone who likes having all the content, then the Deluxe Digital Edition is the way to go, but it is $70, while the Limited Edition is $60.
(The digital info comes from the link I posted above, while the Physical Limited Edition comes from Amazon.com mentioning the Life of the Party Content)

Life of the Party Digital Content:
Features the Flaming Tiki Bar and sleek, stylized outfits for your Sims.

Up All Night Digital Content
Features the Laser Light Show, fun decorations, and outrageous party costumes

Awesome Animal Hats Digital Content
Features a collection of fun animal hats for your Sims to wear and show off!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline blackforest0

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2014, 12:28:17 PM »
I was able to pre-order a physical copy of the Premium edition from Gamestop when it was first available for pre-order, so I know I'll be getting a physical copy, which I prefer.

Offline Ferretmania

• Occult
  • FerretmaniaDK on Origin
    • World Of Sims
« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2014, 05:06:43 PM »
Sims 4 Collectors Edition comes with a physical disc too, at least if you get it from game.co.uk. Be aware though, they don't ship outside UK if the parcel weights more than 1000 grams and when I wrote and asked, they couldn''t tell you how much it's going to weigh, because of the Interactive plumbot statue that comes with it.

It can also be pre-ordered at Gamestop, at least here in Denmark if you visit a physical shop, they just couldn't tell if it was a physical disc. Anybody got any information , whether or not it's physical when pre-ordering from Gamestop ?
I only live in real life when my sims need a break ;)

Raven's Immortal Dynasty

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2014, 04:21:46 AM »
From EB in Australia, you can order the limited edition (all of these are physical discs) which come with the Life of the Party digital content - cost $89.95Au

The Premium Edition at $99.95Au comes with  Creator’s Guide Hardcover Book – A hardcover guide that teaches you to become a Sims master creator, and also includes art from The Sims 4.
                                                                        The Sims 4 Up All Night Digital Content – Features the Laser Light Show, fun decorations, and outrageous party costumes.
                                                                         The Sims 4 Life of the Party Digital Content – Features the Flaming Tiki Bar and sleek, stylized outfits for your Sims.
                                                                          The Sims 4 Awesome Animal Hats Digital Content – Features a collection of fun animal hats for your Sims to wear and show off!
                                                                         The Sims 4 Digital Soundtrack – A digital soundtrack featuring music from the game.

For $129.95Au you can get the Collectors Edition which is the same as the Premium Edition, but also includes the Interactive Plumbob Statue – An exclusive interactive USB-powered plumbob statue by SteelSeries dynamically changes colors to reflect your Sims’ emotions.

I've pre-ordered the Premium edition because I want the extra content, but I can do without the plumbob for the extra $30!
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Dellena

« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2014, 10:22:34 AM »
I've pre-ordered the Premium edition because I want the extra content, but I can do without the plumbob for the extra $30!

The same reason that I picked the Premium edition as well (through Amazon - physical disc).

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2014, 01:45:08 AM »
I'm moving this to the new Sims 4 board now that it's up.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Bri

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Canadian Amazon Users can save $30 on Pre-Order
« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2014, 09:33:23 AM »
For those Sims fans who live in Canada, if you order Sims 4 Premium Edition through Amazon-Canada, you can save $30. It would normally go for CDN $89.99, but it is currently available for pre-order for $59.99. 

If this may interest you, the link is as follows:
The Sims 4 Premium Edition

I just want to remind people this is only with the Amazon-Canada, and it doesn't look like the price will be reduced if shipped outside of Canada.

However, if I come across any other discount, I will certainly post it.

McHazy

« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2014, 05:01:46 PM »
I'm from the UK, and have pre-ordered the Limited Edition version on disc from Amazon for £38.00. I do prefer to have a physical copy of the base game, in case my internet is dodgy!

Offline Rikki8528

• Occult
  • Sims 3 Fan
« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2014, 02:13:54 AM »
I'm from the UK, and have pre-ordered the Limited Edition version on disc from Amazon for £38.00. I do prefer to have a physical copy of the base game, in case my internet is dodgy!
Really?! My parents hate buying from Amazon, but I'll just have to convince them!