Author Topic: Clear Cache Shortcut Question  (Read 2005 times)

Offline Axiom

• Immortal
Clear Cache Shortcut Question
« on: May 28, 2014, 04:33:55 PM »
I recently had to refresh my computer's OS [One of Win8's functions I actually like!]. While it did not affect most of my files, I ended up having to reinstall Sims 3.

I am able to launch through the launcher, but my usual shortcut seems to have failed me. Here's what it looks like now:

@echo off
del "C:\Users\Axiom\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\CASPartCache.package"
del "C:\Users\Axiom\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\scriptCache.package"
del "C:\Users\Axiom\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\compositorCache.package"
del "C:\Users\Axiom\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\simCompositorCache.package"
del "C:\Users\Axiom\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\socialCache.package"
start /d "C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\"Sims3Launcher.exe

It says directory not found for the last one, no matter what I do for the last line. Everything else clears, but it doesn't boot.
Help?

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
Re: Clear Cache Shortcut Question
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2014, 02:21:11 PM »
Hm, I usually don't use a shortcut to launch my game (as I use Large Address Aware) but my best guess is to say that when you reinstalled the Sims that it's in a slightly different location than the one listed on the last bit. That's my only guess at it. Maybe try editing it, writing down the new location - even if it's the same one - and replacing the old location. Maybe saving with a refreshed location might help fix the issue.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline KhaineGB

• Immortal
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2014, 07:37:44 PM »
Since you reinstalled, the game will have placed shortcuts for itself. Try going into properties for one of those and using the location listed there (assuming those shortcuts work) and paste it into your custom one.

That should do the job. :)

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2014, 08:46:40 AM »
I answered Aciom's question in a PM he sent me about the problem. I'll answer it here also in case someone else has the same problem.
The problem was a missing space between the last quotation mark and the file name in the last line.

Instead of
Game\Bin\"Sims3Launcher.exe

It should have been
Game\Bin\" Sims3Launcher.exe
Without the space you will get a error message.
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.