Author Topic: Child locked in "Snow Day!!!" mode, won't go to school. No school bus. -Resolved  (Read 18797 times)

Offline Benie

• of the D family
  • Townie
This is puzzling me. Not sure if it's mod-related or not. My Sim's son, well he's having problems trying to attend school. Maybe my save is messed up, yet all files are good according to this Sims3Pack Cleaner.
There's three problems here;
1. Keep getting "The school bus for Sim will be here" every hour after 9am, even when the child is in school.
2. No homework in the child's inventory.
3. Child is "stuck" in an infinite 'Snow Day!!!'. No school bus shows up, yet he gets announcements that the school bus will be here as if there is actually school.
3a. Child comes home 3 hours later after going to school with no school bus or homework, possibly due to 'Snow Day!!!'.

As much as this would be a blessing for any kid who hates going to school to have an infinite Snow Day, even when there's no snow, it's a nightmare for the parent.
So, my Sim's son's first day of school. It's Winter at this time. Got the announcement of "The school bus for Sim will be here". He went to school. Yet, he was still getting this announcement every hour even after picking him up, and when he was in school, it kept popping up. Finally stopped around 12pm.
2nd day, he doesn't go to school due to the holiday. That's fine. But the 3rd day, he has to go back to school. Now, I had to close the game for the night. The next day, which the save was before the 3rd day, he has a Snow Day. That's fine.

The weekend, is when my Sim decided to move out, but I had a save I made before this, and had loaded it. No problem with the save. Then along came Monday. I noticed the child didn't have any homework, and the Career tab shows 'Snow Day!!!' instead of when school will happen. Yet it's Spring. No snow on the ground.
Around 7:08am, he gets the thing that the school bus will show up. So I pray that all he has to do is go to school and this bug would fix itself. 8am... no school bus shows up. The thing is still showing 'Snow Day!!!'.

So I tell him to go to school anyway, and he does on a bike that showed up out of nowhere. Another hour passes, another "The school bus" message. Two hours later, he comes home. I'm like "... What?!" because school ends at 3pm, not 11am!
Again, no homework. Still stuck in 'Snow Day!!!' mode. He's not able to go back to school due to 'School Not In Session'.

Tried resetting him, didn't work. Need help. Wish there was a way for the child to "quit his job" and re-enroll to hopefully fix this.
EPs I have: World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Town Life Stuff, Pets, Seasons, Island Paradise.

Dellena

What mods are you using?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Benie

• of the D family
  • Townie
Currently, I'm using these mods. Mostly NRass mods.
Not using any CC. Just wanted to add that.

Dellena

There's a couple things you could try.

Change to a different household that has a child - play through a day and see if that child goes to school ok.  Would determine if it's a world problem or just that one child.

You could also try moving the family out of their current house and into a different one and see if that fixes it.  You can always move back.

Offline Benie

• of the D family
  • Townie
When you say to "move out". You mean evict, or use the phone? Because using the phone isn't resetting anything. Also, he's still getting "the school bus", even with school not in session.

I tried playing as another family. There's two children. Same age. Both were in school when I played as them. One shows "Snow Day!!!", yet the other shows "Learning!". Both have homework.
Switched back to mine, no fix.

I have also tried to evict them with the house, removed the house, and put it back. This gives the child the homework back and is able to do it, but still has "Snow Day!!!" instead of when school will start. Unfortunately the next day, it's still stuck in "Snow Day!!!" mode.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
Do you have Generations installed? I know you've mentioned it in other threads. If so, try enrolling the problem sim in boarding school. You can always bring him home again.

Offline Benie

• of the D family
  • Townie
To fix this post so to not make it so long, I'll just combine everything. I tried the idea of the above user. He didn't go to boarding school, said "Enrolled in Boarding School" yet never went. I searched Google and read you need to use moveObjects on and "delete" him. Tried and it showed he was in school.

The next day, after 3pm to make sure school was over for that day, to not bug this even further, I had my Sim take his son out of boarding school. It worked. He had no homework, but the infinite "Snow Day!!!" bug is now gone and says how long until he goes to school.
The next morning, 7am. No notification about "The school bus will come". Started to get worried. Around 7:24am, got a notification about "Sim will need to attend school soon".
8am. No school bus, but the child went to school on his own, on his bike. He stayed in school all that day, chatting it up with his friends. At 3pm, he left school as expected, and has homework in his inventory.

Still, the lack of a school bus worries me (yet not seeing "The school bus will come" every hour is a plus). I will need to monitor this and hope that the bug is indeed fixed. Right now, everything's good.

Update: The next day, at 7:21am; "Sim will need to be heading to school in a little bit." I guess this is going to be the norm. Maybe he doesn't need a school bus anymore.
Just to note, when it says that, it shows a school bus 'saying' this to him. Will continue to monitor.

Update 2: Figured out why the school bus wasn't showing up. It was StoryProgression. I had 'Career: Allow Carpool' set to False. Set it to True, and now he's using the school bus.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Dellena

You need to be careful with what you mess with in the settings.  Make sure you fully understand what the interactions do before you change from the default. :)

Offline Benie

• of the D family
  • Townie
Yeah. Understandable. But when you're trying to fix a potential game-hurting bug, you feel like you got to tweak everything to get it to work again.
Still don't understand why the active household is affected by StoryProgression. It shouldn't be. Yet it seems it is.

Anyway, it's the weekend in my game. See what Monday brings. Will post later with results.

Update: k. It's Monday again. Around 7:03am; "The school bus for Sim will arrive in an hour." This is normal. 8am, school bus arrived. No problems so far. Child is now at school.

Update 2: It's been an hour. Child remains in school. No "the school bus will arrive" messages. I believe said bug has been squished! Thank you guys very much! :D Seems like what I did, coupled with what was suggested fixed the problem. Thank goodness. :)

anything