Author Topic: Is there a way to fix this? stairs problem  (Read 3561 times)

Offline iamayki

• Nooboo
Is there a way to fix this? stairs problem
« on: May 15, 2014, 10:09:00 AM »
I'm currently renovating a resort. I was building an additional VIP rooms but i can't seem to add stairs from the sand to the deck. (i used the wood foundation btw not the deck).

Does anybody know how i can do this? (picture below)

also, i'm having trouble on adjusting the height of the deck.. i tried lowering the terrain in the sand but it only ends up leveling with the the standard height of the other decks.

as you can see in the picture above, the original VIP room has a stair going to the other deck. i tried to level the other deck to my deck to have the same height by using the constrainfloorelevation cheat but it ended up doing this

Dellena

Re: Is there a way to fix this? stairs problem
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2014, 11:07:43 AM »
I hate to say it, but you'll need to start the two new VIP rooms from scratch to get their look.  To do that two tier dock, you start the top level from land.  You place the lower level from the water.  That's what gives the two levels.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline iamayki

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2014, 12:38:38 PM »
i actually took it down and tried again. I tried what you said but sadly it didn't work. Fortunately I already did it. I dragged the support coming from the other deck so i got the higher height. But i still want to know how to do it without the need of an existing high level deck because I want to do it next time and i on't think i'll have something to drag from. :-\

Dellena

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2014, 01:57:35 PM »
I'll play around with it and see what I come up with.  I'm actually playing in Isla Paradiso right now.

Dellena

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2014, 02:10:16 PM »
I just threw this together.

My advise would be to place the lower platform first.  Then place the higher platform starting from the land.  You might have to play with the starting point a bit to get the right height.  Took me two tries.  My first was too high.  There's two tiles of distance between the top dock and the lower dock.  I hope this helps.