Author Topic: World Adventures Weirdness  (Read 18797 times)

bcollins87

Re: World Adventures Weirdness
« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2009, 12:47:43 AM »
I just found a plutonium rock worth 1500 in sunset valley, it can be smelted. Does anyone know if this was in Sims 3 original?

Offline Bogie74

• Townie
  • Ruh ro raggy!!
« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2009, 09:29:33 AM »
Yes - I found quite a few down by the mines, and in the cemetery, SV.
I will love him and squeeze him and pet him and call him George!!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

bcollins87

« Reply #32 on: November 24, 2009, 05:30:07 PM »
Oh really? Where are the mines? If anyone finds any more, let me know.  I'm big into smelting rare metals

Offline PJSim

• Immortal
  • It's a girl!
« Reply #33 on: November 26, 2009, 04:03:03 PM »
I can fix the food spoiling too fast problem by buying a new fridge but only if I exchange it for a different model. Just buying the same fridge again doesn't work.

A Sim came to visit my Sims house (uninvited) and parked her fancy-ass car in their driveway. The entire time she was at the house there was this strange traffic noise; when she left and took the car with her the noise stopped.

I upgraded the fortune cookie machine and now my Sims handiness skill journal is broken. It's just completely blank. He can still complete the handiness challenges though, I just can't see them.

This game has some strange bugs. :D

Offline HelenP

• Immortal
« Reply #34 on: November 27, 2009, 09:15:37 AM »
I can fix the food spoiling too fast problem by buying a new fridge but only if I exchange it for a different model. Just buying the same fridge again doesn't work.

I tried this but it only seemed to work for 1 or 2 meals, then it's back to quick spoiling :(  Hope it works better for you.

Offline PJSim

• Immortal
  • It's a girl!
« Reply #35 on: November 27, 2009, 09:43:08 AM »
It seems kind of random. Sometimes it works for a long time, sometimes when a Sim returns from a trip it goes back to spoiling fast.

Oh well.

Offline Bogie74

• Townie
  • Ruh ro raggy!!
« Reply #36 on: November 27, 2009, 09:59:08 AM »
My sims recently went to China. I bought the martial arts training dummy, the fortune cookie machine, and something else that I can't remember off the top of my head right now. When she got back from her trip, none of those items were in her inventory, at all!!

When her roomie got back, he had no wishes. I had fulfilled all of his right before the trip was over. When they got back, nada! It took about 4 or 5 hrs to even get ONE!!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline PJSim

• Immortal
  • It's a girl!
« Reply #37 on: November 27, 2009, 12:00:10 PM »
My sims recently went to China. I bought the martial arts training dummy, the fortune cookie machine, and something else that I can't remember off the top of my head right now. When she got back from her trip, none of those items were in her inventory, at all!!

Those types of items go in family inventory, also the nectar maker and treasure chests. Hope I'm not telling you something you already know and your problem is something else. :-[

When her roomie got back, he had no wishes. I had fulfilled all of his right before the trip was over. When they got back, nada! It took about 4 or 5 hrs to even get ONE!!

I get that a lot when I have been playing awhile. They get lots of wishes in the beginning of a game, too many to keep up with, but later they will sort of dry up. It usually helps to make them start doing something different than they have been doing, like if they have been gardening a lot make them paint for a while and they will get painting wishes.

Right after a trip my Sims also don't get too many new wishes for a while.

Offline Bogie74

• Townie
  • Ruh ro raggy!!
« Reply #38 on: November 27, 2009, 02:07:05 PM »
ROFL Thanks PJ!!
Those types of items go in family inventory, also the nectar maker and treasure chests.

*tap tap tap.. umm..hello? Bogie, is this thing on?**

DUHH!! I'm so used to these game glitches that it never even occurred to me to look there!! ::)

CitrusZebra

« Reply #39 on: November 27, 2009, 02:47:08 PM »
Another weird issue

I found a dive well in my bedroom (2nd level of the house) after loading a saved game this morning. Don't know if it's the game or something I clicked that triggered this thing, I moved it out to my carpark lot. Tried exploring it, but it doesn't seem to have a tunnel for me to do so. So i kept it, at the corner of my lot. Pretty interesting though, at least to me.  ;D

Offline PJSim

• Immortal
  • It's a girl!
« Reply #40 on: November 27, 2009, 02:50:21 PM »
 ??? :D :D

I'm so used to these game glitches that it never even occurred to me to look there!! ::)

I know what you mean, you just yell "Ahh, my game is broken" instead of thinking for a minute. :D

Offline igzigpuff

• Occult
« Reply #41 on: November 27, 2009, 05:58:46 PM »
ROFL Thanks PJ!!
Those types of items go in family inventory, also the nectar maker and treasure chests.

*tap tap tap.. umm..hello? Bogie, is this thing on?**

DUHH!! I'm so used to these game glitches that it never even occurred to me to look there!! ::)

Haa ha...I did the same thing when I bought items on vacation and thought I'd been cheated!!!  >:(  I was upset because this is one game I don't use cheats for and I was mad my Sim had wasted his money.  I even sent him back after he made more money and bought the items again....yes and thought he was cheated once again, until my 1 brain cell kicked in and remembered the family inventory...and yes he had 2 of each of the items he bought on vacation. :-[ :P

Offline PJSim

• Immortal
  • It's a girl!
« Reply #42 on: November 28, 2009, 07:28:42 AM »
Double D'oh!! :D :D :D

At least we saved Bogie from that. :D

Offline PJSim

• Immortal
  • It's a girl!
« Reply #43 on: December 02, 2009, 01:27:25 PM »
Sometimes when my Sim makes pancakes and has to buy the ingredients from the fridge they will turn out to be made from French grapes. Like "Renoit Grape Pancakes."
This just strikes me as funny. You can't buy these grapes from the grocery store but you can buy them from a fridge? ???

:D

Simmerville

« Reply #44 on: December 03, 2009, 09:40:31 AM »
And just now, I kept hearing the sound of a toddler laughing.  I checked the only toddler in my house and she was fast asleep.  I followed the sound and found a toddler in the house next door.  I could see into the windows a little and there she was just sitting in the empty floor laughing.  I've never had such thin walls in the game like that.  So, now I'm wondering if I'm going to hear the adult conversations, too.  I don't like it much.

At first those sounds from houses next door drove me nuts. First it was next door visitors ringing the door bell. Also in the middle of the night. I thought it was my Sim's tv that was left on. Then I also heard talking. And of course tv-noise.
But after a while I love it  :D  It really makes a different if your Sims live in town or in the countryside. Houses packed together will give some noise from neighbours, but if you live alone in the forest you will escape all those sounds. Quite logical...

anything