Author Topic: World Adventures Weirdness  (Read 18793 times)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: World Adventures Weirdness
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2009, 08:32:53 PM »
I've replaced the refrigerator several times.  I think maybe the most recent one might be working better, but don't know for sure yet.  I also read in the Prima Guide that you can store leftovers of Great and Excellent meals to be eaten later.  So, now I'm wondering if it's only high quality meals that will stay in the refrigerator.  It might be something they changed with the new updates and World Adventures release that lower quality meals spoil faster.  I'll do some testing and see if I can find anything concrete.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2009, 08:46:29 PM »
My nectar-making Gallo brothers that sort of got aborted today did buy the best fridge. And I remember some Goopy Carbonara lasting for quite a few days, so I don't know what was the problem before. I did notice the spoiling problem when I was testing out the photography skill. That character was making a lot of sushi and throwing the leftovers in the fridge. One thing I wondered was — maybe not using the stove really cranks up the problem? But, to test that out today I had one of the Gallo brothers make some Autumn Salad and it still lasted a few days in the best fridge. So, I don't know if it's a fish thing, or if it's the fridge. I'm stumped.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

bcollins87

« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2009, 03:15:10 AM »
I found a new rock in WA called "Tiberium" which comes from another EA game serius "Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars." After a few days of it being in your inventory it will no longer be a rough rock but a cut gem that makes you sick -30 mood. It was originally worth $90 now after it has evolved into a big crystal it is worth $40,000. I've found 3 more lying around in Egypt all have evolved and their worth depends on their weight but lets just say I'm rich :)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2009, 04:01:39 AM »
I don't suppose you remember where in Egypt you found them?

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

bcollins87

« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2009, 04:46:36 PM »
Okay, now that I remember, I found one in a neighbor's trash can in Sunset Valley at night (my Sim is Kleptomaniac). And the other 3, I bought in Egypt's marketplace one day. I try to buy as much stuff from the marketplace as possible because some of it is undervalued until you buy it and actually analyze it.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2009, 05:06:04 PM »
I found one in the wild somewhere between Ship's Oasis and the Great Sphinx.  Then I bought three at the Relic Store before I left Egypt.  It looks like an uncut gem, not like a piece of metal.  On my monitor, it looked green like an Emerald.  When I got back home, I put one on display and left the other three in my Sim's inventory.  On the display stand, it looks less green and more turquoise.  My Sim is at the point right now where's he's got the sickness, but the gem hasn't changed yet.

Very interesting find, bcollins!  Thank you for sharing it with us!  I'll be back with pictures and final details later.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Bogie74

• Townie
  • Ruh ro raggy!!
« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2009, 07:25:28 PM »
Well, I finally FINALLY got my WA today..so much for "rush shipping".. anyway. Saw there was a new game update, and stared at the screen and laughed... SERIOUSLY?? After all I have been through there is NO WAY I am DL it until I see some posts about nothing major happening.  :P

Fridge thing still annoying me. I've just gotten to the point now where I open the fridge, find the bad food, and drag it into my sell window!! ROFL! ;D

I have also experienced what Pam has, where I have my Sim make a meal, and unless she is SUPER hungry, she just sticks it in the fridge right after she cooks it!

Love the new clothes, moodlets, and LTR. I've been to France, and to Egypt.

First Impressions:

Did I miss the Eifle Tower because how can you have France without it?? Copywrite issue ??? I guess I kinda take this Vacation Spot to heart because my mother was born in France, and came to the US when she was 7.. I do love the new recipes, and the nector. Which leads me to my next thought.. did they decide to call it "nector" -vs- wine because of the age content thing? Architecture pretty true to form considering.

Egypt - kinda annoyed at how you can only ride your bike in certain areas, then you run everywhere else! Took FOREVER to complete the Tomb Tours mission. Completed that, and the first 3 legs of the plunder of egypt.
I also found that gem Tiberium, along the banks of the river, near Camp moon. Here is Lara, using the snake basket:

I should have given her the genuis trait, because the stupid idiot stuck her hand in when she first tried and got bit! DUHH!! :o
I will love him and squeeze him and pet him and call him George!!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2009, 07:33:50 PM »
I read somewhere that the Eiffel Tower is visable as decoration only.  We can't actually visit it.  It's just part of the landscape.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Bogie74

• Townie
  • Ruh ro raggy!!
« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2009, 10:49:56 PM »
Thanks Pam!!  ;D Must have missed it.

I also have the Tiberium in my inventory - it's been 3 days now, and she's now -25 mood, but gem has not changed..(moodlet for vacation has also disappeared) don't know if that matters or not, but Lara's keep carting around this radio to boost her mood LOL!  ;D

Incidentally, mine was valued at 104, though I read somewhere that the value is different for different Sims..

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2009, 10:54:06 PM »
My Tiberium hasn't changed yet either.  It's making the Sim sick, though.  I also put one on a display stand and it shoots off green sparks randomly.

I'm having a problem with a Filthy Surroundings moodlet in the living/dining/kitchen area of my house.  I have three neat Sims living there and they have all cleaned the whole house several times and have taken out the trash.  I even hired a maid for a couple of days to see if that would get rid of it, but no luck.  Every Sim in the house gets the moodlet while in those areas of the house, and it goes away for all of them when they go to a different area.  I'm really baffled by this one.   

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Bogie74

• Townie
  • Ruh ro raggy!!
« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2009, 11:03:19 PM »
Pre WA install I had the very same issue..I could not for the life of me figure it out. But let me back up. I had a party, where one of my sims had ordered pizza. He received the pizza, and put it on the back deck. Pizza mysteriously disappears. Went into build/buy mode. Not there. Used move objects cheat, hoping it would show up, and nada. Tried deleting the table, but even with the cheat, it wouldn't let me.. a day goes by, and Harrison..(man I miss him, he was funny) just goes to the backyard, grabs the invisible box, carries it to the trash, with his hand held out which was REALLY weird...moodlet went away... :o

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2009, 11:21:57 PM »
I think I had that happen with the pizza once, too.  In this situation, I just tried a couple of new things.  I went into buy/build mode and deleted every item in the area where the moodlet occurs.  Completely emptied the area.  No luck.  They still got the moodlet.  Then I tried moving the entire house to a different lot.  Still no change.  It's taking I think 40 points from their mood and they keep gagging.  The only other option I can think of is to build a new house and I really don't want to do that.  This house has been built gradually and started from a tiny one bedroom cheap house.  Now it's three stories tall with a separate nectar cellar and a separate martial arts practice area.  It's been uniquely designed as the family grew and developed.  So frustrating!!

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Bogie74

• Townie
  • Ruh ro raggy!!
« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2009, 11:50:55 PM »
Oi!! Pam I completely empathize.. I just found this on another website..not sure if I can say where or not ? but someone else was having the same problem, and it said to use testingcheatsenabled true, then control click the moodlet, and it will get rid of it. Haven't tested it yet, but throwing it out there for you since you've been so wonderful!!  ;)

bcollins87

« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2009, 11:58:44 PM »
Here's my plunder from Egypt:

If you take the Tiberium out of your inventory the nausea will go away.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2009, 12:31:44 AM »
Oi!! Pam I completely empathize.. I just found this on another website..not sure if I can say where or not ? but someone else was having the same problem, and it said to use testingcheatsenabled true, then control click the moodlet, and it will get rid of it. Haven't tested it yet, but throwing it out there for you since you've been so wonderful!!  ;)

Thanks Bogie!  I wouldn't mind using that cheat in this instance, but I'm pretty sure the moodlet will come right back the next time they go into that room.  I've got 8 Sims in this house and I sure don't want to always be removing that moodlet with all the activity they have.

If you take the Tiberium out of your inventory the nausea will go away.

Nice plunder!  I was wondering if the Tiberium would still morph into a gem if it's not in your inventory.  I've got one on display and 3 or 4 in inventory.  

Edit:  I have to admit I was a little doubtful about the Tiberium thing, but mine just transformed into the green crystals after I'd say about a week of game time.  They started out valued a little over $100 and now they are worth $43,000 each!!  That's just amazing!  Thanks, bcollins, for alerting to this fortune maker!

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog