Author Topic: All the Thyme Family  (Read 131348 times)

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
Re: All the Thyme Family
« Reply #360 on: January 26, 2011, 03:23:42 PM »
Great update Joria! The palace is beautiful!

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #361 on: January 26, 2011, 05:01:09 PM »
You have amazing decorating skills. I would love to see some more pictures of little Christmas when you have the Thyme of course.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #362 on: January 26, 2011, 06:12:43 PM »
After the Great Pyramid, Aurora felt it was thyme to settle down and just enjoy her days in Al Simhara.  The nights were full of magical stars and the days were hot and full of the music of the fountains.  She took a lot of thyme doing what she loved to do most, writing, and Justin spent a good deal of thyme at his easel, mostly painting pictures of Aurora and things to sell so the family didn't go broke with all his renovations.

There was thyme for love and romance too.  Aurora serenaded Justin on the piano, putting her whole heart into it, and Justin serenaded her in return.

They made beautiful music together, in more ways than just this one.

One beautiful, romantic evening, just before they left, Aurora took Justin aside.  It had been a glorious day.  They had laughed, played, loved.  Aurora had cooked fantastic food and somehow even managed to make Justin's ambrosia taste like.....well, like ambrosia instead of deathfish!  She had to finish things up, and though she was dreading this, it was what the gals had schemed for.

"Justin, love. You know how much I love you and our family?"

"Oh, yes, my darling wife.  With you in our lives we have all been so happy and complete.  You've been the sunshine of our life.  I'm so glad I married you!"

"I'm glad to have been your wife love.  I'm........getting older by the minute you know.   Thyme is slipping away from me like the desert sands in the winds.  You have done all you can to make my life with you a happy one and I am so grateful for the thyme I've had.  But beloved........I'm tired.   Everyone has been so kind but it is so wearying watching them watching me.  It has gotten to the point where there is so little joy left for all of us because we all know there is coming a time when I will leave you.  I'd like the rest of my days with you all to be ones just like all the other good ones we've had together.  Justin, it's thyme to let me go.  It's thyme to say good-bye, right here, right now, and let come what may when it comes.  Please, my love, let me go in peace."

"Aurora!  Please........no.....Oh, my love you are breaking my heart!"

"Justin.  There is nothing we can do.  You can't give me that special flower you carry nor may I eat the ambrosia I cook for you.  In order for the family to go on, for our child and grandchildren to go on, you have to let me go.  I'm ready my darling.  I really am ready."

"I guess there really is nothing more I can say, is there?  I hadn't realized what a burden we were putting on you before."

"It's ok, dearest.  Let's go home now.  I want to be home and see my daughter and our beautiful little Christmas.  We'll have some thyme left I'm sure.  We'll just make them the happiest ones we can and when all is said and done, we'll both know we've have a magically wonderful adventure together all over our world.  I love you so much.  Thank you, for all the joy you've brought me."

The trip home seemed to fly by much faster than usual.  Aurora enjoyed the ride in her pretty pink car and both of them actually seemed glad to arrive at their home gates.

"Glad to be home?  I know I am.  Let's go see what the family is doing."

"Ok, honey, race you there!"

Winter had just settled Christmas down for a bit and was really happy to see them.  As she hugged Aurora she whispered.......

"Did you do it?"

"Yes."

"Is he ok?"

"No, but what can we do now?  Did you do what you were going to?"

"Yes.  It's all ready for when it happens.  Be at peace, daughter.  We'll take you home."

"Hey!  What are you two plotting now?"

"Hahahah.  Nothing at all Justin, nothing at all.  I'm just glad to see you both home again. Let's go sit down and you can tell me all about the trip. "

And now, dear readers, that's all they did for this day.  We'll see what happens next thyme in a different post.  I'm almost caught up and I know you have all been waiting to see Christmas so that will be next.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #363 on: January 26, 2011, 07:39:18 PM »
A Letter From Christmas,
(with a little help from her Gran)

Hewo ebry body.  My name is Chwistmas Thyme ohnee you can caw me Cwissie.

*Um, Chrissie?  Is it ok if Gran puts it all in grown up talk?  I mean, we all understand you perfectly well but not everyone might.*

*(whispers)  Aw wight Gwannie, but no tewl eny one.  K?*

*(whispers)  Ok, sweetie.  Now, what did you want to say?*

*Can I say I gots da bestest fambly ever?*

*Sure, honey.  Anything else?*

*Pitchers.  Wots and wots of pitchers.  You gib da names, ok?*

*Ok.*

When I was really, really little, my Mommie tried to teach me how to walk.  It didn't work.

But she didn't give up and neither did I.  So we tried again another day when I wasn't tired and cranky.

This time it worked!

As a special time reward, Mommie sat down with me and read one of my favorite books.  She said I was so smart!

As I grew up, Mommie just loved me more and more.

She is the prettiest and bestest Mommie ever.

My Daddy is pretty special too.  He is very strong and very handsome and he is my hero.

When I waked up, lots of times it would be Daddy who came and got me out of my crib, even when I was cranky.

He always had time to talk to me and make all my tears go away.  We talked a lot and he always listened with a nice smile.

And even when I made a stinky he stayed with me to help me get clean and not be afraid.  Hehehe, he did make funny faces though!

One day, I got losted.  I was vewy scaywed.  Daddy came and sabed me.

*Ummm, Chrissie?  Big people talk, ok?*

*Sowwy Gwammie.  You tell more for me.*

My Daddy was also very good at noms.  I WUVS my noms!  *It's ok, Chrissie.  You can say dat, errr, that.*

There was only one problem for me.  Gnommies.  We were infested with gnommies.  Now, mostly they was nice ones and made me laugh.  But DIS gnommie was naughty, naughty, naughty!  She needed the time out chair for sure!  Yep, she ates my Teddy!  Bad, gnommie!

My Grammie made them ALL go to their room and leave me alone!  Grounded!

I just sat on my book and ignored her till Grammie took her away.

My Poppie loved me too.  He would cuddle and play with me lots.  And bestest of all, he gave me noms!

Did I say I love my noms?

Mmmmm.  Yep, JUST right!

Sometimes Grammie gave me noms too.  And when I was done, Grammie always remembered to let me down to play.

Sometimes I was busy, busy.  There is a lot of work being a nooboo you know.

And at the end of a busy day, my Nana came and put my cranky self to bed.  Good night everyone!  Tomorrow is my birfday!

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #364 on: January 26, 2011, 08:04:11 PM »
Awesome update Joria! Chrissie is too cute for words!!  ;D

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #365 on: January 26, 2011, 08:54:22 PM »
Thank you, everyone.  It's been a long drought but I'm almost caught up.  I always hate the endings and the next one is a bit more dramatic than I had wanted.  Sometimes there is just no telling what those Sims will do.

Chrissie has been a delightful child.  Right from the start she wasn't terribly demanding and maybe it was her happy, busy, nature that kept her family so aware of her and so good in taking care of her.  There really were very few times when I had to direct them to take care of her, which is pretty unusual.  The other day I was playing with the Goths in a different game and it's a shame the way they treat poor Mortimer.  No wonder he grew up to be such a crabby twit!  Not a toy in the house for him or anything at all to keep a growing boy amused and happy.  Needless to say I fixed that but I surely did not have to do much to keep our Chrissie happy.  Really, she had everything she needed in toys, books, play equipment and furnishings, not to mention an adoring family.  O! M! G!  I just came up with the why and end of this story!  Too bad you all have 4 more heirs to wade through before you find out! Heheheh.  (slightly evil laughter)

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #366 on: January 26, 2011, 09:06:37 PM »
Ah come on, don't pull a Pam on us!! That's so unfair!!  :(

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #367 on: January 26, 2011, 09:19:48 PM »
Awww - Chrissie is so sweet, especially the first picture of her in her little tartan dress!  And as always, your houses are a feast for the eyes.  I wish I had your skill at decorating and renovating.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #368 on: January 26, 2011, 09:26:35 PM »
Awww - Chrissie is so sweet, especially the first picture of her in her little tartan dress!  And as always, your houses are a feast for the eyes.  I wish I had your skill at decorating and renovating.

Thank you.  I wish I could turn it into RL cash! lol 

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #369 on: January 27, 2011, 06:23:52 AM »
Chrissie is adorable and I love the way you write.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
« Reply #370 on: January 27, 2011, 01:04:35 PM »
Awww, thanks for the Christmas update, Joria! I had actually forgotten how cute she was.
Good job on taking the effort to change her outfits every day.

Can't wait to see what Aurora and Winter have been planning. I have my suspicions but I'll keep them to myself.
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #371 on: January 27, 2011, 05:34:37 PM »
It was a gorgeous day.  Everything was all festive and ready for, not one, but two birthdays!  Mother and daughter, Summer and Christmas Thyme were aging up.  We were all excited to see how our darling Christmas would look as a child, and excited over the prospect of all the adventures she would have.  Meanwhile, we were just a bit concerned because Summer still had a way to go before she could have her first dish of ambrosia and thyme was counting down.  Everyone was much more relaxed over Aurora now.  Justin spread the word, we were to back off and just let her live her life and ENJOY being with her family, instead of being haunted and stalked by her family.  It was really quite a relief to know she had made her peace with her future, so we were definitely in party mode.  Most of the town had been invited including one, ugh, vampire.  It was starting to get annoying and depressing seeing our good friends get turned to the dark side that way but not much we could do.  (Not that we hadn't already tried!)

Christmas came first.  We had decided since she was so young, we would just do a small, family party.  We didn't think she would be disappointed since she was just a nooboo.  I guess we hadn't counted on how strong willed and self aware she was.

"Wooooottt!  Hippo Birdy!  *blows horns*  Yaaaayyy!"

"Make a wish sweetie.  Mommy will help you blow out your candles.  Just ignore silly Daddy.  I know the sound is annoying."

"Oh!  Good job!"

"Ok, now honey.  Mommie puts you down and magic happens!  Don't be scared.  You'll do just fine!"

"Ohhhhh.  Mom!  I'm a little dizzy.  Everything is doubled.  Are my eyes going to be ok?  Mom?  Mom!"

"You're fine, Christmas, and just look how beautiful you are!  Congratulations honey bunch!  You're a big kid now."

"Sooooo, this is it?  This is my birthday?  I guess I thought I'd have some friends or something......"

"Well, honey, your next birthday will be a big party!  After you've gone to school and made some friends.  You'll see.  We just love you so much we wanted this day to be just for us.  I'm sorry if we disappointed you."

"No.  It's ok Gran.  'Sides.  I have this great big cake for noms!  Errrr, I mean for a snack."

"sigh.  So grown up already."  *chuckles*

"Well, happy birthday sweetie.  What would you like for a birthday present?"

"Ummm, a nice computer and can I have a bike too?"

"Sure enough honey.  In this family you can have whatever you want.  I'll try hard to not spoil you, although I think it might be too late for that.  We just love you so much."

"Thank you Mommie .  I love all of you too."

Ahhh.  It was such a beautiful day. And there is much more to come.  Next,  Summer becomes an adult and starts to think about maxing things out.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #372 on: January 27, 2011, 06:00:25 PM »
Great update! Christmas is adorable!!

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #373 on: January 27, 2011, 06:18:51 PM »
Summer was starting to get a bit nervous.  All this fuss over a birthday she really didn't feel she was ready for.  Sure, she had her property and business and sure she was in the career she wanted but there was so much more.  She knew she'd have to go check her journal later that day and make sure she was on the right track. She surely did not want to mess up this dynasty now that Christmas was aged up so well.  She knew she was going to be a genius so it was important that her Mom had all her ducks in a row.

The tension started to get to her so she decided she'd let out some steam.  What fun!

The guests finally were arriving so Summer went to socialize with the group.  Justin met up with an old friend and was listening to her intently.  What he didn't realize was she was actively putting some moves on him!  Unfortunately for him, or maybe it was fortunately, Aurora was passing through with plates of food and saw all this going down.  She was totally devastated!  HER MAN!  Cheating on her after all these years?!!!  She was heartbroken and began to wonder what had gone on before she caught on!  Was it always like this only SHE was the last to know?

Justin tried his best to explain things but Aurora was having none of it.  Being as strong as she was, and as angry, and carrying Pangu's Axe in her inventory, things could have gone very wrong!  Her pain filled face just broke his heart but he was starting to get pretty steamed too.  Hadn't he just spent months carting her around the world and filling her every desire?  How could she think so poorly of him as to believe he would ever cheat on her? 

Meanwhile, that smarmy little (sorry, family forum and the actual words used must be kept out of this), looked on, smirking and enjoying every minute of Aurora's pain.  She was obviously a home wrecker and was definitely bored with her hum drum life with a boring nobody husband of her own.  This could be her chance to snag the handsomest, and richest, guy in town.

At that point, having heard the ruckus,  Summer decided to step in and calmly invite the (expletive deleted for family purposes), to leave the party and go home.  She considered it, briefly, and decided it was way too much fun and there was no way she was going to take her foot out of what she considered an open door.  Summer insisted, and then thought of a better plan.  Rather than cause more scandal, (the paparazzi had come to the party as well), she found a way to break things up a bit.

"Mom.  Dad.  Listen....you two are pretty upset.  This is my birthday and it's getting really hard to celebrate.  How about if you both take some time out, go in that other room that only you two can enter, (looking pointedly at the nasty female in the room), and talk this out.  I know neither of you wants this and neither of you mean any of this.  C'mon.  Go make up.  As for you, Mara,  I'm watching that door and you'll find it pretty hard to interfere so go find your own husband before I have to call my martial artist man."

At first it was about as warm in there as the deepest, darkest, night at the South Pole!  Icicles were practically hanging in the air.  But it was obvious they both wanted this over. Their love was so strong and so deep, this first, yes, it was the very first fight they ever had, was not going to break that bond.

"Aurora, honey.  Please, please listen.  I love you with my whole heart.  I always have and I always will.  I was just listening to her drone on.  I really did not see what she was trying to do because lover, I only have eyes for you.  You are my heart and soul.  Please forgive me if I caused you any pain.  I truly did not mean to hurt you and I NEVER would have betrayed our love.  Our vows are eternal, you know that."

"Justin, I apologize.  I guess I just over reacted and I admit, I didn't really hear anything you were saying.  All I saw and heard was that woman, and she was coming on pretty strong.  If I EVER get my hands on her......!!!!"

"Honey, it's ok.  Calm down.  She isn't worth you getting upset over.  I love you so much.  Please tell me you love me too."

"Oh,Justin.  Of course I love you.  You are my own true love, now and forever.  I guess I'm a bit more nervous about things as each day passes.  Please be there with me when......oh, never mind.  Just hold me close, ok?"

And once again, all was right with their world.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #374 on: January 27, 2011, 06:32:57 PM »
Awwwww... how nice. :)
And, I swear, if I ever get my hands on that woman...! >:(
Formerly Simstar3

anything