Author Topic: All the Thyme Family  (Read 131353 times)

Offline Sibyl

• Nooboo
Re: All the Thyme Family
« Reply #285 on: December 24, 2010, 04:45:33 PM »
Happy holidays! I'm so glad to hear that your game is safe!

Offline revolution724

• Townie
« Reply #286 on: December 24, 2010, 05:01:53 PM »
I'm glad you got your game back!  Merry Christmas!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #287 on: December 24, 2010, 05:48:47 PM »
Lol that was awesome Joria!! Merry Christmas to you and your gnomes as well!!

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
« Reply #288 on: December 24, 2010, 06:49:44 PM »
Merry Christmas, Joria!
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #289 on: December 24, 2010, 08:10:01 PM »
Pies are done, thyme for fun!  My son, (the colonel one), and the great-grandkid are rockin' out with Guitar Hero so definitely time for me to zone out with Sims!

Instead of going back to China,  I just have to share something I recently did.  For months I have carried Jon Lessen's remains in my inventory.  Nothing seemed right for him.  It had to be special and a nook on the already crowded lot just wasn't what I wanted.  He was special so he needed a special place.  I wanted to bury him on his old home lot which was currently vacant.  Only you can't buy a second house and I wasn't sure if it would be ok to change the kind of lot it was in order to use it.  So I built a sub-basement.  I hoped, with what I did, the ghosts would leave out stuff alone.  No such luck.  In just a short time Jon made an appearance, and he and Winter, well that's another story.  Here is the All Thyme Memorial Museum & Mausoleum, dedicated to the spouses of the founder and heirs.

Bird's eye view:

Jon's "Room"

I wasn't sure if ghosts did laundry so they got machines just in case.  Aurora's future room, (she is 100 now), is next to Jon's.

The "recreation area and museum "

I decided early on that when a spouse died, the surviving heir would get a new bedroom.  I felt the old one would make them too lonely and sad.  So I used the furniture from Jon and Winter's bedroom to set up his room but I added a few things that weren't originally in there for his benefit, like the computer and tv.  The paintings are ones he painted that I kept and are now worth a tidy sum of cash.  Ditto with the sculptures.  The female sculpture is the one he dove into instead of going into his urn.  Any photos he took are there as is a picture of Winter.  Aurora has a piano and will have more stuff, including her own little kitchen.  She was not an artist so any pictures are ones Justin did for her.  I'm thinking of putting an ice sculpture of her there. Each room will be done in the spouse's favorite colors.   As you can see, there is enough space for all of the spouses if they only marry once.  Winter's second spouse, Cameron, is buried at his favorite watering hole and place to jam which was renamed Cameron's Rest.  Eventually, the center area will be complete with games, bar, everything a living Sim would want for comfort and entertainment. 

Originally I was thinking of making a "gallery" of spouses adjoining the immortal museum, but now I wanted to show off the collectibles so it would not really be feasible.  I think this is a much more elegant way to keep all the loved ones together until......

What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #290 on: December 24, 2010, 08:50:35 PM »
I swear, if you say midnight I'm gonna SCREAM!! Until what?? Please don't say midnight!! That's a beautiful ghostly house!

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #291 on: December 25, 2010, 04:50:46 AM »
I just got a chance to sit at computer and first thing I did was check the Thymes, and I'm so happy you saved them!!! Basement ghostly home is great idea, and they probably won't come up to surface much with all the things down there.Your Christmas planns sound great, marry Christmas Joria, I wish you all the best.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #292 on: December 25, 2010, 11:24:43 AM »
I swear, if you say midnight I'm gonna SCREAM!! Until what?? Please don't say midnight!! That's a beautiful ghostly house!
Agreed! We get enough of that from the Dreamweavers!
Formerly Simstar3

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #293 on: December 26, 2010, 02:55:19 PM »
Beautiful basement, Joria! Can't wait to see what the Thymes get into before the New Year.
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline revolution724

• Townie
« Reply #294 on: December 26, 2010, 03:49:40 PM »
Very stylish bedroom there!  I completely fail at decorating, so props to you for doing it so well.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #295 on: December 26, 2010, 06:29:13 PM »
Well, I haven't been sure of where to go from here.  There have been "developments" that were basically beyond my control and of interest.  In other words, I did not make my Sims do what happened initially, but did carry things on and I just don't know if I should do the catch up in China stuff, or go from when they got home or just skip all of that and get to the newest stuff.  After reviewing all the screenies I took, and deleting hundreds of them, (a good photographer takes several shots of the same scene to get the just perfect one), I still am not sure what to do.  I kind of think some of the ways the family grew while in China is important, but not quite as much fun as what happens when they get home.  Did you all catch in the family Christmas photo, that there is a nooboo in Summer's arms?  So maybe I should just say some of what went on and then skip to now?  Let me know what you guys want.  Here's your choices:

Fill in everything including finishing up the China trip.  (it's not terribly long)

Start from coming home and announcing pregnancy.

Skip everything to after nooboo Christmas's birthday and carry on from there.

Let me know and I'll fill in today.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #296 on: December 26, 2010, 06:33:41 PM »
I would like to hear about everything. That is if you don't mind telling it all.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #297 on: December 26, 2010, 07:02:40 PM »
Please introduce us to nooboo Christmas, I don't think we've seen her yet.

The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #298 on: December 26, 2010, 07:13:49 PM »
I want to hear everything, but I also know how time-consuming it can be, so just tell us whatever you want!  ;D

Offline revolution724

• Townie
« Reply #299 on: December 26, 2010, 08:31:28 PM »
I'd also like to hear it all, but if it's a tale better told in another way, that's good too!

anything