Author Topic: All the Thyme Family  (Read 131331 times)

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: All the Thyme Family
« Reply #240 on: December 18, 2010, 04:15:02 AM »
Summer can do so much better. Are there any more options for her?

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Nilla

• Townie
« Reply #241 on: December 18, 2010, 07:46:17 AM »
Maybe she'll meet a handsome frenchsim now. Most of what Jude did is just the usual weird sim actions and not a sign of bad traits but it does look bad if you think about it like real life actions. Nice updates.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #242 on: December 18, 2010, 07:09:04 PM »
Ok, I messed up.  In one update I said a trip to China was her graduation gift.  WRONG!!  She had a wish to interview a French person for her school paper, so it was off to France so she COULD graduate with honors.  This will be her second trip to France and the families third trip.  In all that traveling they still did not reach level 3 visa for any of them but the first trip was a zip in, get grapes and some stuff at the nectary, do a little shopping and come right home.  Was leery of the travel bug and just wanted the plants for the garden. So, to summarize the family's travels and create somewhat of a time line:

Winter starts dynasty and births Justin.  When Justin reaches YA they go to France, (after the death of Jon), to acquire plants.

Justin marries Aurora and they have Summertime.  While Summer is still a child they make their first trip to China.  Aurora writes a lot and Summer just hangs around, fishes, and also writes a lot.  She accomplishes a lot of skilling this trip and it helps her to fill in several black ops.  Justin and Winter gather gems and metals.

Back home and after a bit of thyme having fun and growing, Summer ages up to teen ager, Justin and Aurora age up to adult.  Winter is growing and catching deathfish and growing a LOT of  Life fruit. 

A second trip to China while Summer was a teen allowed Justin to reach level 3 Visa and the palace was bought and renovations begun.  More skilling all around, (except for Winter and Justin who I have to keep from skilling), more gem and mineral gathering and more fun in tombs.  Justin is left with an adventure to finish which he can only do by traveling to Egypt.  I put this off as long as I could since I hate travel to Egypt.  (We currently have over 200 deathfish in the refrigerator, a stocked pond in China and are able to use perfect Lifefruit for fertilizer since we have so many.  We have sold thousands of bucks worth of deathfish and produce.  It is just about time to change the garden from a cash cow to a source of perfect grapes and other fruits for nectar making.)

Back home, more school, turn best friend Jude into boyfriend Jude. They take a trip to France to complete her assignment. (This will be the next update).  Unknown to her the parents plan this trip so she will get over Jude, possibly find a really handsome French man, and wind up with what they consider a much better romantic interest.  They in no way communicate this to her but it is discussed while hot tubing, while she is asleep. 

A lot of the travel is to prolong the time with Aurora who is aging fast and because I really like the traveling.  They currently are in China, again, where Summer has a wish to reach level 3 visa.  The reason for the trip, besides prolonging time with Aurora, will be shown later.  Somewhere in there Justin achieved all his needs, became an elder and has eaten ambrosia several times.

Now, off to France!

What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #243 on: December 18, 2010, 08:15:28 PM »
Hi guys!  It's me.  Summer.  I guess I pretty much get to be the person doing the writing for now.  Gran told me we're putting all this stuff down so later generations will get to know us better and maybe avoid some of our mistakes.

*Right you are sweetie.  Although I don't know how many mistakes we avoided as we came along.*  (voice of future)

So, we decided to make this huge trip to France.  I had this thing I had to do for school, like interview people and stuff, and the 'rents had stuff they wanted to do too so off we went.  The first night there we all met up at the la pensione.  I think that's French for guest bed and breakfast or something.  We all had decent rooms with comfy beds, plenty of bathrooms, a nice place to meet and greet and a good kitchen where we could all eat together.  It was tres charmant.  (ok, so French was NOT my best subject in school even though I carried an A.)  Here's a pic of our sleeping quarters and one of the shared  bathrooms.

Notice we're all tucked into our beddy byes, right?  Someone missing?  Yeah, GRAN!  Lately she has become more and more of a night owl so here's a photo of her a tourist took around 5 am.  Five, freaking, AM people!  What was she thinking?

She later told me she was boning up on how to catch frogs so she could make frogs legs.  Like we didn't already have a refrigerator with some in it from an earlier trip.  But, that's my Gran.  She always says, "If you can't do something right, don't bother to do it at all.", and this was her idea of 'right' even though she was the highest kind of fisherwoman possible!

While we were there my Mom, the goody two shoes of the family, decided to catch an "see how brave and bold I am", bug and took off on what she called her "adventures".  This meant going into nasty, dirty, creepy places and pushing things around. 

The finding treasure part was pretty cool though, I must admit.  And, I have to admit I am pretty proud of her.  Now that she is retired she has a lot more thyme for me and more for developing herself as well.  I guess she's really pretty awesome and I'm glad I'm her daughter.  Maybe some of it will rub off on me.  Once I'm not so busy with ME.  (yes, the universe DOES revolve around me.  I'm a teen, remember!)

So, here's some random shots from France.

Gran mumbles something about needing help in the museum and goes off to investigate.

A family of readers!  Nice to just chill on vacation.

Gran, Dad and I check out the real estate while Mom does her Lara Croft imitation elsewhere.  Gran says she wants to have a great home in every country in the world.  Guess when you have tons of money it's not that hard to do, but Gran is really picky about it.

Now, back to the important stuff.  Me.  Here I am on my way to the Nectareaux.  I still had to interview a local for our school paper and absence from Jude is not on my mind.  I KNOW there are some fine, young men here.  Might as well check out the male scenery.  Oh, that, oh so adorable scooter, was a birthday gift to me from Gran.

Me at the Nectareaux.  He was a sweet, old, dude but much too old for me and really not all that interesting for the paper either.

Now THIS is more like it!  Cute, young, smart and filled the bill for the interview.  I wonder what can develop with these two hunks?

Later that night, we all gathered around for dinner.  Honestly!  The darned paparazzi didn't give us a minute of peace.  No wonder Gran wants to buy a place to live here!  It was a great dinner though.  Between Mom and Gran we never lack for really fine cuisine.

They say all good things must come to an end,  (although I REALLY don't know why!), so later that night, before our plane left for home, we all gathered around the fire pit in the courtyard and just had a great jam session.  We all really love playing together this way!  Soon, we'll be back home.  I wonder if Jude still cares about me?

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #244 on: December 18, 2010, 08:30:06 PM »
Didn't Summer age up to YA? ???
Formerly Simstar3

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
« Reply #245 on: December 18, 2010, 08:31:10 PM »
Summer's scooter is cute. YAY for birthday gifts!
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #246 on: December 18, 2010, 09:08:06 PM »
Love the updates, Joria.  It cracks me up how you can so easily write like a teenager.  I'm guessing that's because you've got one in the house?  I'm so out of touch, I'd never be able to write anything like that.  Nicely done!  :)
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #247 on: December 18, 2010, 09:10:13 PM »
Soooo, France was over and done with, THEN Summer graduated and aged up and got upset over Jude the Rude.  So what happened next?  NOT a trip to France.  Instead it was a trip to, (ugh), Egypt.  (Anyone from Eygypt.  Please do not be upset.  I'm not dissing your real country.  I've long had a ltw in rl to visit there and I know it is gorgeous and exciting and not as hard to deal with as it is in Sim life.)

The Great Pyramid Adventure or
Are You My Mummy?

You can't imagine how ticked off I was at Jude.  I mean, here this LOSER has a chance at a really gorgeous babe, if I do say so myself, and he zips off in his Nothingmobile leaving me standing all alone fuming.  I was too upset, not to mention embarrassed to even resort to tears.  Later on though, when Mom and I were alone, I let it all out.  Leave it to the wonderful family I'm in they all conspired to cheer me up with another trip!  This time to Egypt!!  OMG!  Pyramids and stuff!  

Wait.  

Sand.  

Heat.  

Scorpions and snakes.  

Too much sun for my complexion.  Hmmmm.  No wonder they all look like mummies!  All that sun!  Ah well.  Maybe I'm wrong.  Maybe there is a handsome guy with dark hair who will sweep me up off my feet and we ride into the setting sun on his gorgeous Arabian barb horse like Lawrence of Arabia or something?  Or like that classic silent movie, The Sheik!  Maybe tents really are cool and gorgeous and romantic and a perfect setting for me!  *Some day I will have to grow out of this but hey, I only JUST made it into YA so let me enjoy awhile longer.  ;)*

Anyway, Dad had this chore he had to do for a China adventure so it was Egypt for us.  He no sooner set his feet on the sand then the wish was fulfilled and I was ready to head back home to my pool and jacuzzi.  Gran wanted to check out real estate, (again), and Mom still was in Tomb Raider mode.  (I really need to take away her movies!)  Unfortunately, it is apparently a contagious virus and here was Gran, deep in a tomb with all kinds of nasty things in it, doing HER Lara Croft imitation!

Honestly, Gran.  I don't mean to be rude but aren't you a bit old for this kind of exertion?  I myself am just chilling and reading and improving my guitar skills.  Like, it's, hello, bed thyme!

Unfortunately, with as much time as we spent in Egypt, (too long in my opinion!), we really didn't take too many photos.  Oh, sure there were the ones Mom and Dad took that they needed for their adventures, but the only family picture we have is this one, all of us all chilling and fishing.  Gran had hoped we'd be able to stay here without the paparazzi showing up but that was a major fail.

So, while everyone really tried to reach level 3 visa, NONE of us did!  Gran and Dad kept jonesing for that special dish I can't have so we all (finally), went home.  I had some unfinished business there myself!

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #248 on: December 18, 2010, 09:15:41 PM »
Love the updates, Joria.  It cracks me up how you can so easily write like a teenager.  I'm guessing that's because you've got one in the house?  I'm so out of touch, I'd never be able to write anything like that.  Nicely done!  :)

We have a huge family with five of them being teens.  Only one here at home though, only you count the horde of friends in and out.  But yeah, that is pretty much why I can still teen speak.  lol

@ Simstar:  Yes, she did.  But I messed up the time things happened so the trip to France was a regression.  And she really was still in teen mind mode for a bit after she aged up.  That will change though.

@ lilygirl:  She got a whole bunch of goodies, but her Mom and Dad felt she was bit too young for a car yet.  Although later, when she got home, they did buy her that oldie Chevie  you can get from Dr. Pepper caps.

EDIT:  Stay tuned folks.  I've got a few touchups from France and then a big surprise.  I hope to upload it all tonight so I will have a free mind for the next trip.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #249 on: December 18, 2010, 09:59:41 PM »
Dear Diary,  It's been awhile since I've written to you but this bit from France just had to be shared.  This whole "live forever" thing is getting kind of scary at times.  Not only do we have the issue of having to say good bye to our loved ones as they age and die, but we also have ambrosia to worry about.  These pictures will show you what I mean.  We were in France, and both Justin and I noticed we were starting to age and fade and look a LOT older.  I checked and sure enough we desperately needed ambrosia!  Of course we had a deathflower but did we really want to have to rely on that?

It was pretty early in the morning.  Aurora and Summer were each in a bath but Justin and I had come down early.  I'd already made a nice plate of pancakes for the family but how was I going to make the ambrosia without the whole world knowing?  Justin seemed like he was just chatting on the phone, keeping up with his best friends, but really he was looking out for people who might come in.  I checked around and then began to cook.

The coast was clear but I wasn't sure how long it would last.  I quickly whipped up a batch for Justin.  He always came first in my life and since he was the heir it was imperative he eat his ambrosia first.  While he sat down to eat I raced to get my batch made before the others came in.  Not the family, the other tourists!

I don't know how this kid of mine could enjoy that stuff.  It always smelled awful to me and tasted worse.  But then, he enjoys limburger cheese which smells like very dirty socks or feet or rear end to me!

I kept a look out when he began to glow, and proudly watched the change come over him.

There he was.  My handsome, young looking son once again!  This is him watching out for me while I finished up cooking and sat down to eat.

Right about that time, little Miss Nosey Pants comes trotting down for breakfast and eyes my sparkling meal.

"Hey Gran!  Good morning!  Ummm, is that a new dish?  Did you make some for me too?"

"Good morning and mind your manners young lady!  You are way too young to be eating this stuff.  Soon enough your thyme will come.  Meanwhile, I made you some nice pancakes"

"Pancakes!  YUMM!  Do they sparkle like your food does?"

"Oh, for heaven's sake.  Go eat!"

"Hehehe.  Just teasing Gran.  I'm going to go get my seconds now."

These do look good!  No sparkles though.

"You need to be a bit more careful about what, when and where you speak of this Missy.  You know it is a family secret and if others start to hear about it it is all over for us.  No more chatter about "sparkles", ok?"

" Sure Gran.  Sorry."

"I'll be you didn't even notice how your mother looks right now.  Imagine how she must be feeling see us all eating this and knowing that her time with us is growing short.  This might be something you might think about too and maybe be a little bit less self centered and think a bit more about her.  She loves you very much you know."

This was the first time I had ever seen a sad, unhappy look on Aurora's face.  It truly broke my heart.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #250 on: December 18, 2010, 10:41:48 PM »
Poor Aurora... TT.TT
Formerly Simstar3

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
« Reply #251 on: December 19, 2010, 02:28:08 AM »
Awesome update Joria. For being so scared of traveling, your Sims spend a lot of time in WA locations!  :)
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #252 on: December 19, 2010, 04:16:25 AM »
It is going to be hard for all of them when Aurora goes.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #253 on: December 19, 2010, 05:07:27 PM »
@lilygirl:  I just got really bored with the daily grind between raising heirs.  Too much like rl!, and so much more fun in the foreign lands.  Even Egypt isn't horrible, although with bad accommodations it is much more difficult to run multiple Sims.  Or so I think. 

Dear Diary,  I guess this last trip really pointed out to all of us how quickly age seems to be setting in for Aurora.  Once again we are going to have to face how brief the mortals lives are, and the agony of knowing we could stop all this, but if we do, it would mean our end as well.  Perhaps that would be the better way?

There has been a huge change in the family dynamics now.  My little speech seems to have sunk in to Summer, I myself have decided I have been wrong to ignore this friend and daughter-in-law,  and Justin has pulled himself away from his easels to spend more quality thyme with Aurora.  Their love has always been so strong and so obvious and nothing has changed there except perhaps it is deeper, and a little bitter sweet.  We all, separately seem to have decided to focus on Aurora and to make her last days with us ones of joyful relationships.  Of course, there are a few things that need taking care of.  Both she and Justin want to see Summer get married but neither of them are thrilled with her boyfriend and our husband hunting trip wound up being a bust.

One good thing that has come about is our mutual love of music.  We spend a good deal of Thyme family jamming together.  I'm actually getting quite good on the drums, (bang out all my frustrations that way!), and Justin is so cool with that big base!  Aurora is perfect on the keyboard and of course, our little virtuoso wants to play everything.

Justin took some snapshots of, as he put it, "the hen party".  It's the three of us, especially Summer, bonding with Aurora.

I got this one.  Look how happy Aurora is now that she can really be a mom and best friend with Summer!  In the background Justin is painting another portrait of Aurora.  The spouses have their own special area where we can honor them.

As for Justin and Aurora.......

Aurora serenading Justin.

Two love birds.

I'm pretty sure Aurora knew what we were doing because she took some special thyme to comfort Justin.

Justin:  "My love.  I have been so happy with you as my wife.  I wish I could hold you like this forever."

Aurora:  "We've had a good, long life thyme together beloved.  Justin, I just want you to know it's ok.  I am content.  Our daughter will live forever and so will the dearest love of my life.  I'll always be with you in her and in spirit, you know that.  It's ok.  I know my time is drawing near but at least I will have you all with me in my heart.  Please don't be sad.  I'm with you right now, aren't I?"

"Aurora I'm not ready for this.  I'm just not willing to let you go yet.  Maybe I'll think of something.  We still have to see Summer get married right?  Maybe we can take another trip and she'll find a good man this thyme."

"Yes, love.  Maybe."

I know I should not have been listening to them but I couldn't help myself.  Perhaps they're right.  Perhaps this time we won't have to say good bye.  At least, not just yet.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #254 on: December 19, 2010, 05:10:19 PM »
How sweet. Gave me the warm fuzzies. ^^
Formerly Simstar3

anything