Author Topic: All the Thyme Family  (Read 131423 times)

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: All the Thyme Family
« Reply #225 on: December 13, 2010, 05:52:17 PM »
I am so pleased for them.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #226 on: December 13, 2010, 06:11:53 PM »
I am so pleased for them.

Rachel

Me too.  I really had to work hard to get them to quit hating each other.  They could be in the same room and if I tried a social interaction between them they would sort of talk across the room.  It took persistence to get them to even like one another let alone be best friends.  I hate it when kids and parents can't love one another.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #227 on: December 14, 2010, 04:13:45 AM »
Be sure to check out our new image service, Joria.  It should be the solution to all of our image issues on the Forum! 
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #228 on: December 15, 2010, 09:14:34 AM »
Wow, what have you done with that place! It does turn into palace! Love it, Joria, you're really skilled, And you made a story with that too! Glad they turn into best friends, you were really concerned about them for a while now. Hope this new feature will help us all with posting pictures! Thanks Pam!

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
« Reply #229 on: December 16, 2010, 04:58:36 PM »
Great job on getting Aurora and Summer to best friends Joria!

The vacation home in China is gorgeous.
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #230 on: December 16, 2010, 06:30:44 PM »
I'm finding the new system a bit of a challenge.  Just not familiar with it yet and having troubles posting.  I'll continue to work with it till I have it mastered.  It is way too simple for my brain which seems to be on permanent "duh" lately.  (gibbers and drools for a few minutes).

So, I'm going to put in a bit of a "spoiler".  Aurora is aging.  Seriously, quickly aging.  It is breaking my heart.  When I noticed she was 90 Sim years, and the green bar was all the way to the end, I had to take drastic measures.  I wasn't ready for her to go.  So I sent them off to France!  That story line will come up soon.  When they got back, interesting family things happened, (I can't do THAT much of a spoiler!), and now when I checked again, Aurora was 92.  Gulp.    Oh, and I forgot one thing.  When they got back from France everyone wanted to go to Egypt!  (Lord I HATE going to Egypt!)  After 13 days in Egypt, which was all I could tolerate with them not having ambrosia available, they went home, THEN interesting family things and now, at age 93, I sent them off to  China. lol  One more time in her happy place, and since she can't die there it will remain her happy place and ghost free.

I wanted level 3 visas in all the countries but so far have only been able to make it in China.  Egypt could be a wonderful place if I could get them a nice home where they could make ambrosia and be comfortable and lock out the paparrazi so they can sleep in peace at night.   Ok, speaking from Winter's perspective AND my own, we are BOTH too old to go haring off and live in a tent with no ac, no comfy bed, no hot tub, no faboo amenities!  (This from the woman who at one time lived in the wilderness for two months and loved it!  I must say, I don't really miss showering under a mountain waterfall! brrrrrrr.)  So I'm very happy with them in China for the next 14 days.  Summer has gotten a challenge to reach level 3 visa so we'll see what happens.

I can't believe I have dragged this story out for so many days and I'm still only at gen 3.  Here people have written great stories and it's all behind them and I'm still dragging it out.  If you all are getting bored with this ongoing soap box opera, let me know and I'll speed it up and wind it down.

Ok, here is my attempt to post some screenies.  Gnomes!

First attempt.  FAIL.

Second attempt.  Almost, but still FAIL.

TA DA!  The caption, which doesn't show up for some reason, says...

Gno Gnome in garden.  "If.....I.....could.....just....reach higher."  (Gno Gnome reaches for apple and fails.)

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #231 on: December 16, 2010, 06:35:25 PM »
Unless you want to see them,  I will remove the other gnomes from Coppermine to save space.  I'm going to go caption them because they really were fun to watch.  BTW, I now have vampire gnomes.  LOTS of vampire gnomes.  I have actually caught them changing a teddy bear and stalking the other gnomes, all of which will have names.  (Not that I'll be able to tell them apart, but it's fun to name them.  Forinstance, we have Gno Gnome and I Ain't Gno Gnome, and....anyone want to help me name my gnomes?)

----------
My No Buy Story

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #232 on: December 16, 2010, 06:53:27 PM »
How about "Gone Gnome" or "Gnobody But Gnome"?
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #233 on: December 16, 2010, 07:01:48 PM »
How about Gnome Gnome on the range and No place like Gnome. Also taking inspiration from Terry Prattchet how about Swires,Buggy swires or wee mad Arthur.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #234 on: December 16, 2010, 07:57:33 PM »
ROFL!  You guys are so good with the names!  I took a few of the gnomes down, but there will be more I assure you, and I will use your names for them too.  I have an abracadabra gnome too.  I think I'll name him Rincewind.  lol

Ok, backing up......

Dear Gran's Diary, (giggle).  I know, I know!  I'm sooo bad hacking into her private space this way!  Anyway, I had such exciting news to share, and I'm really not sure I can let Dad know about this YET, but I just HAD to tell someone!

Well, you know I've been really good about my grades and all, right?  Star student, that's me!  At the moment I've completed all of what Dad calls the "Black Ops" just by being a kid and a teen in school!  Yay me~~!  Dad and I spent a lot of time together making sure this was happening because he wanted me to be able to choose a really great trait for me.

Well, all that was great but ya know, you just can't kiss a dad the same way you can kiss a boy friend!  Yeppers!  Ok, details.....  remember I had this op where I had to befriend, be buddy system, with this kid in school?  His name was Jude Dotson.  Nice kid but a Loser, not to mention really not the brightest crayon in the box.  Anyway, I kind of stuck with him.  I figured he'd be a good best friend, and we did become best friends!  (My first that wasn't just family, which doesn't count anyways.)  Soooo, time went on and we talked a lot and I found out he was really pretty interesting.  He is a virtuoso like me and our signs are compatible and he is too cute for words!  I mean.....that long, blonde hair!  So, one day I asked him to come home with me from school.  You know, just hang out.

So, since he usually looked kind of sad and lost, I started out by brightening his day.

This really seemed to work well, because he perked up and started to chat with me.

I was really getting into this guy!  I kinda hoped he was into me too.  So, next step, ask him his sign!

Compatible!  Things moved along fairly well from there!  Can you tell he's actually smiling at me?

He was definitely looking better and better, and I told him so.  I guess no one had complimented him much in his life because he really lit up when I told him he was handsome and had a great personality.  My flirting with him seemed to be going very well so finally, I gave him a hug!  He actually liked it and didn't pull away or anything!  I was so scared.  I'm not usually this bold, but well, he was so shy I knew he would never make a move!

Then, I did it.  I confessed a big attraction toward him!  GULP!

I was pretty nervous about this.  Most boys would just say, "Oh dear!  It's getting late.  Gotta go!", and I'd never see them again.  But Jude, dear, sweet Jude,  just took it in stride and admitted he was attracted to me too!  Imagine!!!  My FIRST boyfriend!  So, of course, with the road clear,  I took my courage in my hands and did it!  I asked to go steady with him! 

I take it this meant, yes?

(sigh)  I'm so happy!!!  So, we danced awhile and if you notice, you'll see someone else, (Gogo Gnome) approved all the moves.

Rats!  Gran's coming!  See ya later!  (closes books and looking innocent goes to practice her guitar)

"Whoo Hoo!  Go! Go! Gnomes!  hehehe.  Now I can really cut some moves!  And they think all we're good for is making the gardens grow!  HAH!"

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #235 on: December 16, 2010, 08:16:43 PM »
That was funny! Why doesn't Winter get Summer her own diary? Might stop Summer from writing in hers... :P
Formerly Simstar3

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #236 on: December 16, 2010, 10:38:04 PM »
Funny update Joria! Gnomes are the best.

The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #237 on: December 16, 2010, 11:19:43 PM »
Cool update! Gnomes are hilarious!! And a little annoying but sometimes they are worth it lol!

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #238 on: December 17, 2010, 09:43:48 PM »
My Big Birthday Bash and More

by
Summer Thyme

Hi.  My name is Summer Thyme, (sounds like a song, doesn't it?), and this presentation is all about me and my birthday.  I know, I was supposed to do this for my last High School report, but hey, better late than never and anyways, I graduated with high honors so who cares?  Just Mom, Dad and Gran decided that since I was caught hacking Gran's diary, I had to do this stupid report as a punishment.  sheesh.

So, ok.  As usual in Riverview, the day dawned bright and clear with sunny skies and warm breezes.  Gran and the family had gone all out to make this a really fine birthday bash.  Their only complaint was they were limited in how many guests they were allowed to have.  Knowing how much they love me, I think they wanted to invite the entire town.  While in China, (my graduation gift!), we had learned we all had a love of music and loved to entertain.  So after all the food was out, the mixologist hired, the decorations put up, the family gathered together to jam!

Everyone seemed to be having a great time.  If you look closely, you can see my sister, the Simbot!  I was so glad she came, but we always made sure we invited her to all the family doings.

There was only one person who was not delighted to see her.  Jude.  He made some very rude gestures and I started to wonder if I really wanted this bozo for my boyfriend!  After all, that's MY sister he's being so mean about, and no one disses my family except me!  Gran was on her way with fire in her eyes, ready to set that young man straight, and Dad, well it's just a good thing he had only begun to learn martial arts!

After Gran had a "word" with Jude, it was time for me to blow out the candles.  I couldn't put it off any longer.  Like it or not it was time to grow up.  Jude had already made that transition, not that you would know it by his behaviour!

I guess it was time to celebrate or something, so I did!  See the skinny bald dude?  He's paparazzi.  Annoying!

Whoa!  Is that ME?  OMG!

Mom looked like she didn't recognize me and was looking for her daughter.  Heck.  I didn't recognize me!  Can we say, "time to visit the mirror and bureau?"

I was beginning to feel like early haghood was setting in.  Maybe it's just the do?  Yeah.  Back to my oldie but goodie hair style and some cool threads.

The next day I called Bozo over for a visit.  I was so excited to see him!  I wanted him to see it was the same old me in person.

Lame-o showed up in his beat up lemon of a car, but hey, he came, right?  Yeah, right.  For like two seconds then he cops this loser streak of his and says, "sorry babe I gotta go to work".  WORK?!!! WORK???  Well, I never!  So off he rides into the sunset or something and I'm left standing there feeling very much like I made a HUGE mistake!

Well, ya know, every day I thank the ptb, (powers that be), for my Gran because she came up with an excellent plan to help me over my heartache and upset.  So, we're off to France!!!  More adventures and thyme for me to figure out if I really want this jerk of a boyfriend or not.  We'll see who I meet up with in France!  Know any hotties I should meet?

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #239 on: December 17, 2010, 09:45:05 PM »
So, wait, did they break up? ???
Formerly Simstar3