Author Topic: All the Thyme Family  (Read 131426 times)

Offline ladydragon76

• Townie
Re: All the Thyme Family
« Reply #135 on: November 10, 2010, 09:16:28 PM »
Yay!  Welcome to the world little Summer!

*hugz!*
-LD
I reject your reality, and substitute my own!

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #136 on: November 11, 2010, 03:31:01 AM »
That was a loong labor! And Justin was not so useless, he was distracting her from pain:D
Welcome little Summer! Such a beautiful name and great name theme Joria!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nilla

• Townie
« Reply #137 on: November 13, 2010, 04:14:32 AM »
That was the longest child delivery I've seen in any sims game story, poor Aurora with her husband just running away like that. Summer Thyme looks cute, I'm so used to seing ugly dark patches on sim babies the last few weeks. I love name themes who form words like this one.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #138 on: November 13, 2010, 10:47:56 AM »
That was the longest child delivery I've seen in any sims game story, poor Aurora with her husband just running away like that. Summer Thyme looks cute, I'm so used to seing ugly dark patches on sim babies the last few weeks. I love name themes who form words like this one.

I literally had 75 screen shots of this.  Most of the time it's pretty cut and dried but she really carried on forever, with pauses in between where she made other faces.  It was pretty funny to watch and hard to decide which shots were  the best.

Thanks all for your comments.  It encourages me and other writers to see what folks think about our stories, and once it gets to that boring lull where it's all pretty much the same stuff going on, it's difficult to just keep going.  I find myself putting off playing them just because of the sameness.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #139 on: November 13, 2010, 01:26:27 PM »
Hey, Diary.  It's me. Summer.  Geez, all this talking about me as if I wasn't there at the time.  So, I want to share some of my thoughts and memories too.  You know, you all think that because we don't have the language thing down that we don't think and remember.  WRONG! We do think and we do remember.  We just don't have the mouth and vocal thing coordinated yet so we can only communicate with faces and wailing or cooing and gurgling. 

So, my dad was a jerk when Mom was birthing me.  I'm surprised she didn't smack him one.  But, that's my Mom.  Always sweet and loving.  At least to my dad.  Me?  I think she had some issues, probably because of the prolonged misery of my birth.  That's another story though.  Anyway, Daddy was a bit of an idiot at that time but he sure made up for it later.  Here's some shots of him and me right after Mom took off for her bath.

Just look at that face!  My Daddy loves me.

Aaaah!  The pause that refreshes~~

Oh no!  Please tell me he isn't going to do the "I'm gonna eat you up!" thing on my tummy!

Aaaaaarrrrrghhhh!  There he goes with the tummy thing!

What is it about babies' tummies that gets you guys all excited and makes you feel like you just HAVE to blow a raspberry on it.  You DO know it tickles don't you?  And that tossing up in the air thing?  You ever wonder WHY we puke down into your faces?  I mean, really?  Really?  Get a clue!  How would you feel if you had a full stomach and some bozo tossed you around?  You'd puke, right?

Ok, it was a pretty busy day.  Like the entire family just HAD to come in and disturb my beauty sleep.  Yeah, I know.  Babies are adorable and you just want to snuggle them and give them hugs and stuff. And, I gotta admit, we kinda like the whole attention thing.  So, first up was Poppa.  He's my grandfather only not blood related.  He's Granny's husband but he's MY best friend.  I loved him from the minute he started promising me shoes while I was inside.  What a guy!

I could always count on him.  When I was hungry, he got me noms, when I was.....well, that's kind of embarrassing to discuss in public but you get my drift.

The best thing of all though, he always made me feel special and he always gave the best hugs.

The only flaw?  You got it!  The tummy thing.

Still, you can tell by the way I look up to him, he was my very special, love him to pieces, Grandpa.  My Poppa.

Next on the list during that oh, so long day, was Granny.  Grans should have known better but here she is waking me up in the wee hours after she got home from work.  Hey, is that key lime pie I smell on her outfit?  mmmmm.

True to form it was up in the air for me with Grans totally ignoring me telling her I was gonna puke.

I can just hear her now...."Who's the sweetes' widdle baby den?  Is se da cutes widdle angel?  Is se Granny's precious baby?"  I mean, really?  Do you think we REALLY talk like that?  "den"?  What happened to "then"?  "Widdle"?  I thought that was something I might do in the potty.  Really, Grans.  I hope I never talked to my kids like that, but I probably did.  At least she was smart enough to get me down off her face so any puking was done over the shoulder.  Smart lady, my Grans.

Pretty too.  Even when she was making googoo faces at me.  My Gran loves me a lot.

Don't do it!  Resist the urge!  Noooooooo, Gran!  Use the force!  Resist!

Dang it.  Total epic fail there Gran.  She did the tummy thing.  Sigh.

Ah well.  At least she made up for it by letting me stay up late watching tv with her.  Not sure about this whole cooking thing though.

And she even gave me hugs and loves and tucked me back in bed.  G'night all.

Oh, Ms. Marsden?  My Gran says all these "nooboo" pictures are for you.  (What's a nooboo?)

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #140 on: November 13, 2010, 02:07:26 PM »
I just love nooboo pictures.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #141 on: November 13, 2010, 02:54:13 PM »
That was a hilarious update, Joria. It's cool to have the story told from Summers POV.
Formerly Simstar3

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

FleurDeLune

« Reply #142 on: November 13, 2010, 04:24:30 PM »
Wonderful update!  I just love your storytelling.

My favourite: "Use the force"!!!

Offline Sophie4563

• Townie
« Reply #143 on: November 13, 2010, 06:24:08 PM »
Joria that was hilarious! "Aaaaah. The pause that refreshes" was great.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #144 on: November 14, 2010, 04:38:13 PM »
Dear Diary, well, that had been a really exciting day!  Only, it wasn't over quite yet.  Justin had his nap after cooing over the baby and woke up feeling a tad peckish.  So, off to raid the well stocked refrigerator.  With one 5 Star Chef in the house and another one trying for it he never lacked for good things to eat.  It was quite a surprise to him when instead of hearing a dinner bell ring, he heard the distant sounds of "Happy Birthday to yoooooouuuu".

"Whoo hoooo!  What a rush!  This is better than a triple hot fudge banana split with 4 cherries on top!"

"Boo ya!  I da man now!  Woot!  Look at my handsome, buff self~~!"

"Gee. I never thought having a kid would age you like this.  Well, it's a lot of responsibility and I'm sure Aurora will be up to it."

\

After that things sort of settled down into a routine.  Aurora writing, me working, gardening and fishing, Cam doing what he loved best:

and Justin, learning to do well what he would come to love best.

After that brief moment of silliness in the kitchen, Justin really settled in to being a father.  Aurora had her moments when being a mother took over, but for the most part, she was pretty wrapped up in becoming the next best chef and world renowned author.

I must say I'm a bit worried about what the future will bring if she doesn't start establishing a relationship with Summer.  But really, perhaps she's being wise.  Perhaps, knowing what is in store, she is sparing Summer the pain of losing a mother she adores.  Aurora knows she will die and Summer won't.  Maybe there is a bit of resentment there.  She adores Justin and the pain she must face knowing she will leave him behind must already be too much to handle.  Maybe, all this involvement in her book writing is just a way to say, "Hey!  I was here!"  A bit of posterity for her daughter to find and read when she grows up.  I did see the title of one of her books is "The Immortals".  I have seen the look of sadness and determination on her face so often of late.

As for my relationship with Cameron, well, I think these snapshots tell it best!

Such happy memories.  I wish I had taken more pictures of our time together.  I knew it was going to be so short, and I doubt I will ever have such love again.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #145 on: November 14, 2010, 06:57:38 PM »
Awww... sweet update. I didn't think that young from Young Adult to Adult changed your appearance at all.
Formerly Simstar3

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #146 on: November 15, 2010, 05:05:12 PM »
When he had aged to YA from child he had a younger version of this same look.  I felt it was too mature for him so we went to the mirror and got a new hair do for him which made him look younger.  So really, the only change, besides being a bit more buff, was his hair went back to the original hair from the change.  I think I'll stick with this one for this age but maybe will change when he reaches elder.  I had changed Winter's hair to give her a younger look when she reached elder so she is fairly pretty for an older woman.  (My son says, "hagitha" age. lol)

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #147 on: November 15, 2010, 10:08:02 PM »
Oh, Ms. Marsden?  My Gran says all these "nooboo" pictures are for you.  (What's a nooboo?)

That was the cutest thing ever!  I love it from the nooboo perspective.  My favorite line:  "When I was hungry, he got me noms."  :D
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #148 on: November 16, 2010, 06:08:11 AM »
Cute smart nooboo! (I might ask too where did you came up with this term!?)
I can see that grandma is still working, she still feels young with new love and ambrosia of course :D
Cute little thing, I bet she will do the tummy thing and silly talk to her children too.
And I'm beginning to think about how many loves will happen to you beautiful founder. As I remember from beginning, she was later considered as cold and with some other negative attributes? I don't want to jump to fast forward, but am very interesting in further development of the story.
Great as always, Joria, love it.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #149 on: November 17, 2010, 07:19:33 PM »
Unless a miracle occurs, the Thyme family legacy is over.  I uninstalled and reinstalled all my games and sp's, I did a save file of course so I wouldn't lose this game, but it is gone.  I moved my save file folder over to the new place after reinstalling but when I went to play the main screen said I couldn't play it because expansion pack items I may have had are not available on this computer, yet I saved EVERYTHING!  I tried to follow directions for rescuing but I'm really stupid when it comes to technical stuff so probably missed something.  I've put out a plea for help so we'll see.  Hopefully I'll be able to continue with this.  I had so many updates to do!

----------
My No Buy Story