Author Topic: All the Thyme Family  (Read 131428 times)

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
Re: All the Thyme Family
« Reply #105 on: November 05, 2010, 04:34:55 AM »
Beautiful update Joria, happy family times:) She is still working? I guess she will wish for retirement when grandchild arrive:) Waiting for some cute baby and toddler pics:)

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #106 on: November 05, 2010, 06:23:01 AM »
Lovely update as always

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nilla

• Townie
« Reply #107 on: November 05, 2010, 01:37:58 PM »
Very romantic update. Aurora is a good looking spouse and it’s funny she should turn out good with an evil mom, was that MaryKay Shallow? I kind of like the immortals continuing to work, it keeps them from getting stir crazy and they can always take time off for the toddler days.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #108 on: November 05, 2010, 10:44:22 PM »
Very romantic update. Aurora is a good looking spouse and it’s funny she should turn out good with an evil mom, was that MaryKay Shallow? I kind of like the immortals continuing to work, it keeps them from getting stir crazy and they can always take time off for the toddler days.

Yes, MaryKay Shallow was her mom.  I forget her brother's name but he was equally nasty.  Aurora is truly the sweetest Sim I have played.  She has the good trait so is always kind and helpful and busy, busy, busy.  The only annoying thing is she keeps picking up the baby's books.  Ooops!  Spoiler there.  Yes, there IS a nooboo, but I'm way behind so y'all have to wait.  We're at the boring rinse and repeat stage now.  Sigh.  I wonder if this is why I never got past gen 3 doing legacy stories.  Just got so boring.  At least now we can mix things up with folks hot tubbing and dancing and all.   At least they are wealthy enough I can decorate and redecorate to my heart's content.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Sibyl

• Nooboo
« Reply #109 on: November 06, 2010, 01:05:00 AM »
Awesome story - can't wait to see what happens next!

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #110 on: November 06, 2010, 04:01:11 AM »
I know what you mean about the rinse and repeat stage. I find my game goes from no action to hectic.
I can't wait to see the nooboo

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #111 on: November 06, 2010, 09:11:18 PM »
She looks a lot like a cross between her mother and grandfather, Jon Lessen.

Thyme for an update!

Dear Diary,  time has slowed down for us now.  Cameron is adjusting to us and Justin is adjusting to him.  Mostly by avoiding him.

We miss him when we try to do family things together but he IS trying to achieve his LTW.  Only one skill left to master and it seems it's the hardest one.  We've had to move a shower closer to where he works because inventing is a dangerous skill.  He keeps having to run and put himself out when he catches fire.  So far he's made it through just fine, for which I'm grateful because no nooboo's on the way yet.  Maybe they just need a more romantic way of talking to one another!  Somehow discussions of the daily weather just doesn't seem to me like it's going to produce my grandchild!

You know Cameron has a LTW of Golden Fingers Golden Tongue, right?  Well, he was in town the other day, heading to the library and just schmoozing with the townies when all of a sudden.......

I can't for the life of me remember her name but she had been stalking him and literally threw herself at him telling him how much she adored him and wouldn't he kiss her and such!  THE NERVE!  Cameron's reaction to all this was priceless.

"What the heck?  Woman!  Back off!"

"But, but, Cammie!  I WUV's you!"

Of course, right at this moment MaryKay Shallow go strolling by.  I can just imagine the dirt she thought she was going to dish and her glee at causing me and Aurora pain.  Cameron was just totally taken aback by this crazy groupie.

It seemed nothing he did was going to deter this love crazed woman.

(woman)  "You.  Me.  A quiet place.  Alone.  Whoooo hooooo!"
(Cameron)  "YUCK!  Are you mental?  Get away from me woman!  I'm a happily married man and all the whoo hooing I do I do with my beloved, not some crazy off the street female who doesn't know how to dress!"

Ummm.  Cameron?  She may be wearing flippers love, but YOU are wearing green pointy shoes!  rofl  Sigh.  I love him but he really doesn't have much fashion sense.

Anyway, he finally insulted her enough to make her mad. 

He wouldn't tell me what he said to her.  I guess it was pretty rude and mean.

Did this deter our hero in his quest for fame and golden tongue mastery?  Not in the least.  However, the groupies just never stopped coming!  At least they only gushed and weren't all crazy like the first one.

Well, that's my guy for you.  A true gentleman and really, really in love with this old lady.  What did I ever do to get so lucky?

More later, and apologies for the crazy pictures! I just can't seem to get the settings straight consistently.

----------
My No Buy Story

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #112 on: November 06, 2010, 10:39:52 PM »
Cameron has some great facial expressions!  Love your screenshots.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #113 on: November 07, 2010, 02:58:45 AM »
@Joria:

I read where you had some concern that your story isn't getting read very much.  Are you basing that on the number of comments?  If so, don't.  Because this story has been viewed over 3,100 times, which is excellent.  You can see the number of views from the Stories board where it shows all the stories.  It shows you the number of comments and the number of views for each story.  I just wanted to make sure you're aware of that.  :)
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #114 on: November 07, 2010, 03:19:20 AM »
Thanks, Pam.  I think I was just having a minor pity party.  (hubby just got laid off)

I've actually decided I'm going to take most of this story, or one like it, and am going to make a NANOWRIMO out of it.  I'm way behind on doing that so I might not, but I think it would be a much faster/easier way to nano!  Just means less time for me to play Sims, (which is why I'm already behind on story writing!).  Are there any rules, like it being proprietary property since I've posted here?  If so, I'll just write about another family.

It's about time to introduce our nooboo!  Took me hours deleting a bunch of the labor pics but this nooboo was definitely worth the effort.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #115 on: November 07, 2010, 03:28:54 AM »
I'm really sorry to hear that your hubby got laid off.  That's a lot of stress, for sure.  What is a NANOWRIMO?
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline ladydragon76

• Townie
« Reply #116 on: November 07, 2010, 04:54:11 AM »
EEE!  NaNo!  Best wishes!  I'm hoping to break last year's total this year.  And I do love this story!  You manage to grab really great screen shots of their expressions to go along with a great tale.  Poor Cameron!  You could really see he didn't like that groupie.  LOL.

*hugz!*
-LD
I reject your reality, and substitute my own!

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #117 on: November 07, 2010, 05:42:41 AM »
That lady has something special, all those man adoring her, lucky she is.

I have to join Pam in questioning what is Nanowritting, and also, to my embarrassment, I can't figure out what actually happend to your RL hubby. It sounds bad, so I'm sorry what ever it is that happened. I actually have some hard time myself, my mother broke her arm in shoulder and is all immobilized, but I'm 2000 miles away and am not aloud to travel, so it is very hard to look at her over webcam and not being there for her. Luckily, she is doing fine now, and all this stories and simming keeps me distracted enough so I can gather my strength and smile back to my little one. Thank you for contributing to that cheering up through your great story.
(sorry for going off topic, it won't happen again)

Offline ladydragon76

• Townie
« Reply #118 on: November 07, 2010, 05:54:55 AM »
I'll hop in and answer that.  :D  NaNoWriMo, National Novel Writing Month.  For the month of November anyone that has ever considered writing a novel, even just for kicks, is encouraged to write 50,000 words.  A mere 1667 words per day.  If you do a google search you'll find their website with the whole explanation.  I don't want to take up tons of space on her Dynasty, but it's a lot of fun.  I always end up pulling away from writing over the late summer and early fall months, and I use NaNo to kick my muse in the butt.

*hugz!*
-LD
I reject your reality, and substitute my own!

Offline Sophie4563

• Townie
« Reply #119 on: November 07, 2010, 10:10:16 AM »
Joria, I just read your story from the beginning and it is amazing. You really bring the story to life. I think this Dynasty would make a great NaNoWriMo.