Author Topic: All the Thyme Family  (Read 131427 times)

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: All the Thyme Family
« Reply #90 on: October 30, 2010, 04:17:02 PM »
Thank you all for your comments.  I won't be updating this weekend, (I don't think), although the pictures are there and the story is in my head.  I just want to work both on the dynasty and other projects.  Maybe get to know Bridgeport a bit better.

Schipperke, unfortunately he DID lose his flippers even when he swims or plays in the sprinkler, which is his favorite pastime.  (Note to self:  put locked fence around garden to keep out would be sprinkler addicts.)

EDIT:  Ok, I lied.  I will update it but only with pics of the current remodel that is ongoing.  Man I love the new items from Late Night! 

Home Sweet (village looking), home.

Top floor decks going in.

Getting there.  The area toward the right, with the greenery, is a quiet meditation area.  The extreme right MIGHT become a simfu area but not sure.  The bar and hot tub are in and have been used successfully.  My plan is to move the founder up there in a rather lavish "apartment", and also Justin with his artists studio so it can be locked to keep the other dynasty members out.  It is a really private area and any parties would probably be family only since it will become quite a large family over time.

What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #91 on: November 02, 2010, 04:37:02 PM »
How can I make the presentation of this story better so it is more enjoyable to readers?  At the moment this story seldom gets read so it is pointless for me to take the time to continue to write it.  I believe there is something I am doing or not doing to make it less popular so would like your input.

----------
My No Buy Story

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline gerrr00

• Immortal
« Reply #92 on: November 02, 2010, 04:41:30 PM »
I always read it!  I like to lurk more than comment.  I like your story fine how it is. 
Ignorance is not an excuse, please read the forum rules.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #93 on: November 02, 2010, 05:24:13 PM »
I always read it too, but sometimes I don't comment.  I feel the same way.  I reread mine the other day and it so boring, lol.  I thought good grief, I can do better, but yours is very good and funny and sad, all in the right spots.  I guess I should post after reading someones story, because it does make you feel like no one reads it sometimes.  I will keep reading yours Joria, don't change anything.  I love the story in first person. ;D
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #94 on: November 02, 2010, 06:11:25 PM »
Joria, your story is well written and interesting.  More than interesting, it draws me in and makes me care about your characters.  The only reason I don't read it more often is the same reason I don't read all the ones with big pictures - it just takes so long for the page to settle down so I can see it all.  This is why I continue to use little pictures in my story - people can click to enlarge the picture or not, as they wish.  But I am definitely in the minority regarding picture size, so I would think most people must like the large pictures.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #95 on: November 02, 2010, 06:58:47 PM »
Joria, your story is well written and interesting.  More than interesting, it draws me in and makes me care about your characters.  The only reason I don't read it more often is the same reason I don't read all the ones with big pictures - it just takes so long for the page to settle down so I can see it all.  This is why I continue to use little pictures in my story - people can click to enlarge the picture or not, as they wish.  But I am definitely in the minority regarding picture size, so I would think most people must like the large pictures.

This is the one, major thing I've been questioning myself about.  It DOES take forever to get to actually see the pictures, and for some reason photobucket has decided to sometimes put in the biggest picture possible and sometimes not.  I click the same option each time so that's rather annoying.  Also, I've been wondering if I use too many pictures, and trust me, I've deleted a ton of them before I actually select and put up the ones I use.  (Do we REALLY need to see 75 shots of someone in labor?, and yes I really do have 75 shots of this! lol)  So if anyone, or everyone, wants to comment on that I'd love to have your opinions.

Don't worry about posting long messages after you read.  Just an X would do, unless there is something in particular you want to address.  I try to read everyone's stories as well but can't always post.  Sometimes it's around 4 am when I'm reading.

Two of our 3 pc's have gone belly up, and my husband was just laid off so he no longer has his work lap top.  This means I get to be on this pc a lot less until he gets a new one, (my darling son is buying him one), and until one of the others is repaired so our student has one she can use.  I hope to update later today.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline smuffy

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #96 on: November 02, 2010, 07:02:08 PM »
Joria, I love your story. You have the best writing of any of the stories I've looked at, and while I agree that large photos can be a pain to load, your house looks amazing and makes it worth the wait.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #97 on: November 02, 2010, 07:11:57 PM »
This is an awesome story, Joria! I'm hooked!
Formerly Simstar3

Offline wildredchild

• Immortal
  • Meet Sadie :)
« Reply #98 on: November 03, 2010, 12:37:31 AM »
Joria I am begging you to not even think of quitting writing your wonderful Dynasty Story.  There are so many stories now to read that I have had to cut back on which ones I take the time to continue reading and yours tops that list of reading material.  You have a true knack for writing that draws the reader in and makes them identify with your characters.  That is an all to rare quality in my opinion.

As for the picture thing, I love seeing what you do with your house, but it does take a long time for the pictures to load.  Good on one hand and not so good on the other. 

Keep up the great work girl!!

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #99 on: November 03, 2010, 03:39:12 AM »
Well, you've all touched my heart.  So let's see who else has had his heart touched.  He certainly has been waiting a long time!

*Did my silly ancestress think she could prevent her son from marrying whomever held his heart?  Look at what SHE did!  Vows eternal love for one man and when he's gone, ups and marries another.  Ok, so she was sad and lonely and she did stay within the rules of the dynasty, but really?  If she could have heard my voice from the future back when all this started I don't think she would have been very happy with what I would have to say.  Kids DO grow up you know!  Somewhere in time they stop being those adorable nooboos we all love and become actual people.  You know, around age 25 when they start to get a clue.  Well Justin may not have been that age yet but that young man had been through a lot and look how well he was doing at that point.

He already owned two properties.  He had tons of friends of all ages and knew he'd meet the friend criteria.  He had accomplished his Super Max of Painting early on and his first Max, sculpting.  He only had inventing left to achieve his Life Time Wish of being a descendant of Da Vinci and a few more paintings and there would be nothing left for him to accomplish in his chosen job of self employed artist.  He'd done all his six ops which were easy as they were all related to painting and sculpting, (and Winter was so happy when a lot of those sculptures went to the consignment shop after that Place 15 sculptures was done!  How many wood toilets does one need?)  He even had this three unique LTRs, Observant, Efficient Inventor and Extra Creative, and boy did some of those ever help a lot! Now all that was left was finishing inventing and providing an hear.  Then wait till he got old enough to eat ambrosia.  He was definitely on the right track.  Well, I'll let Winter's tale say what happens next......*

Dear Diary,  Aurora grew up into a truly lovely young woman.  What's more, I could see Justin just falling head over heels in love with her as each day went by.  Finally, one evening.....

yes, he confessed his love for her to her, hoping she felt the same way.  Taking his courage in hand, he reached into his pocket.  He could see she was tired, it was pretty late at night all ready, so he didn't want to let another moment pass.

Of course she said yes!!!

"Oh!  Oh!  Oh!  Justin!!  I thought you would never ask!!  Oh my love I am so happy!  Of course I'll marry you!"

"Take my ring, Aurora, and my heart and all my love to go with it."

(He is just as romantic as his dear father was!)

I know I must have been close by.  After all, I was most often found either fishing or farming when I wasn't cooking.  A few minutes after work in my garden was so soothing.  But he didn't wait.  He didn't call my name.  Instead, they had a private ceremony right then and there.

Look at the joy on his face!  I guess I really couldn't blame him.  He had waited so long.

And they celebrated their joy with their first married kiss.

Now he was in a bit of a quandary.  I think it finally dawned on him he just might have insulted his mother a wee bit by not calling her to the wedding!  He finally called me over, bubbling over with happiness, and told me what he hoped would be good news.  I could see how happy he and Aurora were.  No way I could begrudge them their joy or in any way put a damper on it.  After all, I had had such joy and was once again experiencing all that tenderness again myself.

"Ummm,  Mrs. Thyme?  Is it ok.....I mean, can I.....I'd really like to call you Mom.  If it's ok?  My own mother wasn't such a great mom,  she was always really evil and mean spirited to me and others and I know you are a great mom.  I mean, look how wonderful your son is!  And, I do love him so much and I know I will love you and be so, so happy here."

"Oh, Aurora!  Of course you can call me Mom!  I would love being a mom to such a sweet and lovely daughter, and I know we'll get along really well.  We both love to cook and garden so we're good friends already!  Congratulations to you and Justin!  I wish you the greatest joy and love in the world.  May your marriage be as blessed as my was and as my new one is!"

Justin took Aurora inside for a tour of the house she'd now be living in.  I must say she wasn't at all unhappy leaving her old home, and while she loved her family, despite their evil ways, she was just as happy to no longer bear the brunt of their nastiness toward her.  She took a moment to change her clothes and hair, which was totally unnecessary in Justin's eyes.  Those two love birds were so wrapped up in each other a bomb could have gone off and they would never have noticed a thing.

He swept her up in his arms.

I guess I don't need to tell you where they went next!  So I'll just leave you with the image of the newlyweds leaving for their first night together.

"Why no, honey.  You don't weigh much at all."

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #100 on: November 03, 2010, 04:05:45 AM »
Oh Joria, this is so sweet. Justin and Aurora seem like perfect couple, and lucky you for getting such a lovely girl to be a part of the dynasty!
I've been pretty busy last few days, and not to mention Late Night, so I neglected this part of the forum, and my own dynasty!
House is amazing, you keep surprising me with original and beautiful ideas. No wonder you dive into that flip house contest (if that is the name). And romance once again rule Thyme family! I'm glad to see that! Don't worry about comments, you got many views as I can see, and many many nice comments even in a week which is all about new EP so you should be proud! But eather way, your writting is so touching, and pictures are wonderful, I as many others enjoy every part of this story. Please, continue as you did so far!

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #101 on: November 03, 2010, 10:29:00 AM »
Aw, how romantic!  (wiping a tear from my eye)

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #102 on: November 03, 2010, 02:21:40 PM »
Joria, I always read your dynasty story its so good I almost forget the fact they are Sims I feel that the decisions and choices they make are their doing not yours.
It is very well written and I promise to comment more in future. As for pictures personally I love them in some ways a picture can convey so much.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
« Reply #103 on: November 03, 2010, 06:08:08 PM »
I too am a faithful reader, Joria, I just don't always have time to comment but will try to do better.

Your story is fantastic! More often than not I have a hard time thinking in terms of creating a story. I see: "Sim A gets up in the morning, has a shower and breakfast before heading to work." You see: thought bubbles, facial expressions, relationships and proximity to Sims B and C. I love it! Reading these Dynasty stories had made me take another look at my Sims and pay more attention to detail.

Awesome!
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #104 on: November 04, 2010, 02:12:12 PM »
Dear Diary,  time has slowed down for the this family for a bit.  We've had extraordinary good luck in our spouses for one thing.  Aurora is proving to be one of the sweetest young ladies I have ever met or known, bar none including myself.  She is always in a good mood, adores my Justin, and spends her time making all of us comfortable.  The house is always immaculate with her around and she is even taking over my cooking duties.  Her help in the garden has made it possible to have an even larger, more prolific garden and a quick travel has provided the seed plants for more exotic fruits.  She's also showing a bit of skill in writing so we made sure she had the necessary classes so she could improve in any endeavor she wanted to try.

Cameron dotes on me and does his part as well, although seems to have no interest in finding a job.  His favorite thing to do is play in the sprinklers in the garden so he has been tasked with doing most of the gardening work.  He's also been helping with fishing so I have enough angel fish for catching death fish.  He's shown quite a talent for music, (his LTW is Golden Fingers, Golden Tongue) and is a very charismatic person as well.  Needless to say the first things the family did was get him into classes that will help him achieve that goal. 

Meanwhile the family is spending a bit of time just having fun together and bonding with each other.  Here's a couple of pictures to show one of our fun times together.

The family that plays together, stays together.  Right?  Good exercise too.

Here' is Justin and I doing some mom and son bonding.  I won the contest by the way.

My car pool is here, (yes, I'm still working!), so more later.

----------
My No Buy Story

anything