Author Topic: All the Thyme Family  (Read 131492 times)

ladylaw1978

Re: All the Thyme Family
« Reply #75 on: October 21, 2010, 05:15:14 PM »
Lol. That was awesome and funny funny funny. I love her new hair do and outfit by the way! Maybe you should give Aurora Shallow a chance!

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #76 on: October 22, 2010, 03:23:32 AM »
Thanks.  It really makes her look younger, even though it's snow white hair.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #77 on: October 23, 2010, 02:21:15 AM »
Weeks have passed.  I've not written to you, Dear Diary, because I'm not quite sure what to make of what's happening to me.  You know how much I adore my Jon.  He has been the main focus of my life for so long.  Ok, maybe not, but he certainly has taken over my every waking thought and my dreams.  Then somehow,  well...... remember the young man sort of in the bushes at Justin's birthday party?  (No, not Justin trying to hide his bum, the OTHER young man).  Well, it seems everywhere I go I see him.  He's at work when I leave, he's at the library when I read, and he's been stopping by to chat .....a LOT!  Justin is not happy about this.

Can I fall in love again?  Dare I?  I took myself off to my favorite place to think. 

Justin found me there and began to have a heart to heart with me.  Of course, it was obvious what he had on his mind.

All he could talk about was Aurora, and how sad he was that she was so young.  He wondered if she would ever be old enough.  He was truly and deeply falling in love with her.

I suppose I should have just been happy that he found a girl who was not only beautiful, but very intelligent and not a gold digger.  I still was concerned about her family connections and tried to share my doubts with Justin without sounding too harsh and negative.

In the end, when he told me she was like a sun coming out of a stormy day, I knew I had to eventually welcome her as my new daughter.  His best interests were mine, and if he felt she was the one for him, then I would love her for loving him.

If my own possible romance was this easy!  I'll have to see what develops....and so will you.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #78 on: October 23, 2010, 03:32:24 AM »
Oooh I cannot wait to find out what happens.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #79 on: October 24, 2010, 11:00:51 AM »
wow this was surprise! I would never thought that after so much love she will find comfort that soon.. (an evil smile and keep gossiping around)
Now seriously, it's great that you keep her emotionally busy and active, and story gets whole new tone with it! Good luck with love both of you, it is great experience in every life stage!
Great job Joria!

Offline JeffGuy

• Llama Wrangler
  • "Look! A Pigeon Pie!" - The Pure Randomness
« Reply #80 on: October 24, 2010, 10:03:03 PM »

Well, this didn't solve my own personal dilemma so I headed home.  Guess who was waiting for me in my garden?

I wonder who....Great as always, Joria.
"There's a lot of things I don't understand...but that's what makes life special" - GMM

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #81 on: October 25, 2010, 11:04:23 PM »
Dear Diary, ZOMG you won't believe this!!!  I heard from the grapevine, (aka Christopher O'Malley), that he had a chat with Kaylin Langerak!  It seems she's noticed this guy around town and thought it was a hottie.  Chris had heard some stuff and warned Kaylin the word is he MIGHT be a stalker!  She was very surprised and went home to discuss it with her mom.  What I want to know is what was she doing getting all cozy with a married man in his orchard where no one could see them?  hmmm

Well, enough gossip.  I'll be back later with an update on the Thyme family and their so called love life.

----------
My No Buy Story

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #82 on: October 26, 2010, 04:29:07 AM »
Joria, don't keep us hanging there so much! I've been checking up who is the mystery guy and all about secret romance and you throw us that gossip about Kaytlynn! he he just joking, this story has whole different atmosphere now compared to her life with Jon and all that love and sadness from him dying and everything, I love how she finally gets to live dynamic and interesting life. Happiness and stabilized life is great only for those who live them :D Keep them coming, I'm becoming anxious to see how this develops!

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #83 on: October 26, 2010, 04:42:44 PM »
I do draw things out, don't I?  lol  Ok, you got it, here's the next chapter...

*Hello.  Did you forget about me?  I am still here reading her diary you know.  Yes, it's me, Voice from the Future and all that.  I must admit I got a kick out of her finding out that gossip about the Man Dynasty.  They think they are clever in all their doings but word was getting around.

I can't imagine why she was in such a dither.  She was stable, single, attractive yet, and there was a hunk interested in her.  Honestly!  You can only carry grief so far before it's time to get on with life, and since hers is going to be a very long one, why not move it on?  Ok, turning the page.......*

Dear Diary,

Cameron, dear sweet, and oh so young Cameron, met me in my favorite place.  He was so sweet and a bit nervous.  He confessed his attraction to me, telling me he had had his eye on me for quite some time, but out of respect for Jon, had waited as long as he could.  He saw other guys trying to put the move on me and decided he couldn't wait any longer.  Even though he had seen me reject them, he hoped perhaps he would stand a chance.

I had seen him watching me.  Seen, and wondered how someone so handsome and young could be interested in an old lady like me.  Cameron told me I was the most beautiful woman on earth at any age, and combined with all the other things he found to be true of me, he knew I was the only one he'd ever love.  He hugged me gently, but amorously, and said, "Please, please consider me for not only your best friend, but also as your life long mate".

Life long?!!  Oh dear!  Only HIS life long.  I knew I would have to tell him things best not discussed BEFORE this went too far.  It was a huge risk but he had to know.

"My dearest, most beautiful lady!  Thank you for your trust in me!  Even if it is only for MY life time, I would do all I could to make you happy."

Oh, those were words that went straight to my heart!  I could have another chance at love!  I didn't have to spend more days in loneliness and sorrow!  This was such a joyful moment for me.  Still, he had to know there might be one more problem....

I had to tell him we would never have children or grandchildren of our own.  HIS family line would end with him.  I was too old to have children, and there were other reasons I would not have them, even if I could.  (Silly diary!  Of course I didn't tell him about the ambrosia legacy thing!  Only that we would only have a very short time together.  He thought it was because I would die before him!)

He kissed me and said no matter.  He really didn't care if he had children anyway.  I guess he thought his next wife would be able to have them for him, not knowing I would be his ONLY wife, ever.

Now for the next hurdle.  We had decided to become engaged, but there was one other very important person who had to be in on all this.  Justin.  How would Justin react to not being the only man in my life?  He still was waiting for Aurora to grow up or for another likely lady to come along.  Would he be upset?  Jealous.  I told Cameron and we left to let Justin know what had been happening.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #84 on: October 28, 2010, 12:48:50 AM »
He looks like a fine young man! But don't make her into Elizabeth Taylor, she doesn't need to marry him ;) Or you want to make shore she remain his only love :D Love it. Wonder how Justin will handle this, and how Cameron is going to be surprised to see his dear love just keep living! Love it!

Offline AriaGirl77

• Watcher
« Reply #85 on: October 28, 2010, 10:53:32 AM »
So Dramatic!  I've finally caught up on your story, Joria!  Love it!

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #86 on: October 28, 2010, 04:10:07 PM »
Dear Diary, Just as I had suspected, Justin was NOT amused by my telling him about Cameron!  He had been the "man of the family" for quite some time and had taken his dad's words of, "son, when it's my time to go I expect you to take good care of your mother", seriously.  It was quite the confrontation for awhile.

I tried to explain to him that I would never stop loving his father, but I need a bit of companionship in my life that only a husband or lover could provide, and I was not the type to take a lover.  He still was very upset and angry.

I left them to talk things over.  I knew Justin loved me and wanted the best for me and I was hoping Cameron was the same.  I imagine it was a pretty intense conversation.

My adorable son wanted to know exactly what his intentions were toward me and what was he really after?  After all, he was very young compared to myself, broke and unemployed and was he just after our money?  He let it be known in no uncertain terms that his mother already had her heart broken by the loss of his father and there was no way he wanted some smoozer to come along and break her heart again!

Cameron laid it on pretty thick, telling Justin I was the only woman for him and that he had loved me from the moment he first saw me.  He was getting pretty convincing for a guy in swim trunks and flippers!

But then he let slip he rather liked our nice, big house too, especially since he was basically homeless.

Justin went off to think about things at HIS favorite spot, his dad's easel.  I think he thought it would all blow over and I'd get over it.

Meanwhile, Cameron made use of the facilities in the house, getting cleaned up so he'd look more presentable when he spoke to Justin again.  He was letting him have some time to cool off.

I found him, and just couldn't resist him.  He just made me so happy and brought joy back into a life of loneliness.  Besides, he was so cute!  How many guys go to court a gal in swim trunks and flippers?  I knew I just belonged in his arms.

Still, I was terrified!  Was I doing the right thing?  Would I lose the affection of my son?  Would this last at all?  And could I face the heartbreak of losing a man I loved once again.  Then, there was that "other thing" I hadn't been completely open about. 

I didn't know he was just as scared as I was.  Was he going to lose me?  Was this our last embrace?  I made him so happy and he really wanted things to work out, but would they?

"We both need each other in our lives.  You are in my heart and you will be there for as long as you live.  I really love you, Cameron, and hope you feel the same way about me."

"My beautiful lady.  I know we are rushing this a lot, but please, don't ever doubt how much I care about you.  If I had my way we'd be together forever."

But wait!  There's more!  Sorry, dear diary, I just could resist saying that~~  Right then and there I decided I would propose.  He was holding back on asking, I guess he figured he had already pushed the envelope to the limit, so I figured it was up to me before he got away.

He was flabbergasted!

Of course he said yes!

Now comes the hard part.  Letting Justin know we were engaged.

I think these pictures say it all!

There was a lot of "Mom!  How could you?", and things not quite so polite about Cameron's character and my lack of intelligence and forethought.  I won't bore you with the details.

Cameron got dressed, (finally), and we married right then and there, with Justin as a witness.  Check out what HE'S thinking!  "You're goin' DOWN, dude!  You're gonna DIE!"

We did not allow his rudeness to sway us, however.  Even when he said something about how hard a baseball can hit someone's head if thrown with force.

I was happy and I didn't care, and I knew he'd get over his sulks once he saw what a good guy Cameron was.

Sigh.  Mr. and Mrs. Cameron Thyme.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #87 on: October 28, 2010, 04:46:21 PM »
Guess it was pretty clear what Justin thought of the new family member!  How funny.  I wonder if Cameron will keep his flippers now that he's married.  They give him a certain unique style.   ;D  Great update.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

FleurDeLune

« Reply #88 on: October 28, 2010, 06:55:38 PM »
I've never commented on your dynasty before - but I really enjoy your storytelling and look forward to each update.

The older I get, the more I appreciate storylines (be they in books, movies ... or Sim dynasties) where the older folk get their fair share of "action".  That the action you are providing is with a lovely young man pleases me no end  ;)

Offline Nilla

• Townie
« Reply #89 on: October 29, 2010, 06:45:05 PM »
I finally got to reading this now, it’s a very well-written story. I like the sim perspective storytelling style you use though I can never quite manage that myself. Interesting plot with the son disliking the new husband, the picture with grim in his thoughts really speaks for itself.

anything