Author Topic: All the Thyme Family  (Read 131347 times)

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
Re: All the Thyme Family
« Reply #495 on: December 23, 2011, 11:48:37 AM »
Oh no! I'm sorry to hear this! I will definitely be looking out for your next story.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: All the Thyme Family: Surprise!
« Reply #496 on: June 25, 2012, 02:45:38 PM »
*Cell phone ringing*

* Winter Thyme speaking.*

Hello?  Yes, this is she.  WHAT?!!!!  Oh, my goodness!  Now, you wouldn't be kidding an old lady would you?  For real?

*Voice on other side of phone*

No, mam, (chuckling), it's true.  We've caught the culprit that broke into your museum and we have acquired ALL your art work.  Yes, all those family photos that you had lost.  What?  Oh, he acted so innocent didn't he?  Turns out he had been madly in love with Aurora for years, and when she married Justin he began plotting his revenge against your whole family.  I think her death after many years of happiness just put him over the edge.  Yes, yes......he was posing as a paparazzi and got in during one of your fabulous parties.  I guess he just stayed there pretending to be a butler or something till the time was right.  Once that other, inept burglar crept in and set off the alarm he saw his chance and absconded with the loot, thinking the other guy would be blamed for the theft.   Hmmmm?   Where?  Oh, he said he had hidden it somewhere in the Writer's Files.  When we caught him in another nefarious deal he confessed all and we were able to acquire all your family art work.  Your family will be able to come and get it as soon as you wish.   Yes.  Yes.   Well, you are quite welcome.  Good-bye Mrs. Thyme.  I expect we'll be seeing you and your lovely family soon.

*click of phone call ending*

What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #497 on: June 25, 2012, 02:50:22 PM »
Outstanding!  Does this mean you'll continue with this story?
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #498 on: June 25, 2012, 03:37:20 PM »
I will be one very happy lady if the Thymes get to continue with their story.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #499 on: June 25, 2012, 04:35:35 PM »
Joria that is fantastic news!  I'm so excited for you!
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

loveSims

« Reply #500 on: June 25, 2012, 04:48:04 PM »
This is good news! I love this story. ;D

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #501 on: June 25, 2012, 09:50:22 PM »
A word from the Writer:

It really was amazing to me.  You see, things were going slow and I figured I'd best check out all the old folders I had and get rid of stuff.  Tucked inside a totally unobvious, (is that a word?), folder were four files and one of them was about the Thyme's.  I had two other files but both of them had problems, no pictures or green square of death.  It took some manipulating, (and breaking of Dynasty Rules), but I got all the Thyme's together with all their real faces and all the pictures. 

Being done with UC and having learned a bit about the ST stuff, I needed something new to do.  I was in a building slump and things just were not going well.  The Thyme's kept nudging me and saying they just weren't done with their story, especially since I have another one rattling around in my head called, "In the Beginning", basically how this all started for the Thyme family ancestors.  However, I was really not wanting to either do without Winter or the portraits.  It took two files, one old file with portraits, (the one I found), and another I knew about with Winter.  By taking both files, saving the group that had all family members to my library and then merging them with the ones with the portraits and evicting that partial family, I got a file that works with portraits and all family members.  This is rule breaking I believe, but even if this isn't, the fact that they somehow don't all remember each other as family members, (and founder father Jon Lessen is nowhere to be found even as a ghost although they still have his grave!), would break the rules.  So this story is continuing without any hope of gaining the HOF.

Based on being disqualified for the HOF, I decided there were several rules I wanted bent or ignored.  Edit town being a huge one.  I simply could not tolerate, especially in Riverview which is not my favorite place to play, having the updated buildings being randomly placed in illogical places.  Therefor I am allowing myself the discretion of totally remodeling Riverview with the intent of adding all the different venues in reasonable places, and I am using forum built buildings where possible.  I know the buildings are ok for challenges because they were built for UC under Metro's rules, they just look a heck of a lot better.  So my Riverview is going to be more attractive with all the venues and some new homes and a central island that has many of Agneza's fantasy builds.  The town will have a "poor town", a wealthier area, a fantasy park business area, a middle class area a live it up and play area and a commercial area.  It took a lot of manipulating, and I'm not quite done, but it's going to work and be fun to play in.  I will also have subways which work MUCH better when not in BP.

Of course, the house is not the remodeled house I showed before so there has been a bit of remodeling going on!  WOOOT!  Building slump is gone!  So, I'm a totally happy camper and you'll all be hearing about the further adventures of the Sims and their coterie of naughty gnomes soon.  (Company has descended upon us for several days so not much time for play.)

Thanks for sticking with me guys!  I truly appreciate you all.

----------
My No Buy Story

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #502 on: June 25, 2012, 11:44:25 PM »
That is so awesome Joria! About you not being eligible for HoF, I know in at least one story, Metro said it was ok if a game-breaking bug hit to do what you can to save them and could still be eligible for HoF, maybe you should ask him? Even if not, I'm so so happy for you and can't wait to read what they have been up to lately!!

Offline Juxtaposition

• Immortal
« Reply #503 on: June 26, 2012, 04:09:36 PM »
Sometimes rule bending is okay when the massive bugs begin to attack it's true, I myself was allowed some leeway to fix a couple of things.

I love your story, and will be happy to read it no matter what you decide to continue it as.  Seeing the preface, how it all began would be awesome! Continuing it as an unofficial dynasty would also be super! But best of all would be if you made it to the HOF.

I'm just so glad to see an update, that it's now *confetti* Thyme!
You can call me Juxt

De D'Onlyn Dynasty
where the party never ends.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #504 on: June 26, 2012, 11:13:30 PM »
I'm just so glad to see an update, that it's now *confetti* Thyme!

OMG!  A name for a future nooboo.  Confetti Thyme.  lol

Yes, Pam, I am continuing the story.

About the HOF, there is no way I'd be allowed my shenanigans.  I've restructured and repopulated most of Riverview.  I insist on being allowed to go into Edit Town to remove vampires, (apologies to those who love them), and I dearly love to use Needs Static.  lol   I normally don't but sometimes it just gets annoying to have to run a Sim to go pee one more time!
I'm not populating the town with Sims I built, (well there are a couple but no way they are spouse material due to age), but with Sims from UC or our forum.  They will be the friends and neighbors the Thymes interact with.  The ones they originally all knew, like the Broke family and many others, all have died a natural death or moved away while the Thymes were on their travels.  So it was either accept the ones the game would generate, or place wonderful forum Sims in game.  So you'll see the Marsdens, the Characters, the Buznicks and many others there.

Right now the family is gathered together and will soon have a family meeting to discuss the changes that have occurred in town.  They will talk about how the family is right now and what they plan on doing.  The only thing holding me back from having them here today is visitors who will leave on Thursday.  Since they brought the world's most adorable baby with them to meet the great-grandparents, I've been otherwise occupied cooing and playing with Mr. Adorable.  Tonight is a free night, (they are off somewhere else for the night and most of tomorrow!), so I'll rest, plot my story and be raring to go in the morning.

See y'all then!

----------
My No Buy Story

loveSims

« Reply #505 on: June 27, 2012, 04:51:39 PM »
That sound exciting Joria! Looking forward to read it. ;D

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #506 on: June 28, 2012, 04:04:38 PM »
Dear Diary,  Wow!  It's been such a long thyme since we've been here.  It really is good to be back sharing my thoughts and our lives with you.  Day one and Justin and I were in desperate need of some Ambrosia.  It seemed like the perfect time to make some decisions about the future of our dynasty.

"So, Mom, things are going really well with the remodel of the town.  We've sold off some properties and replaced them we new ones.  That old diner is really spiffy now that it's a Coffee House and of course, it's ours.  I believe you own that one as well as Lost Willow Park, right?"

"That's right, Justin.  And you still have the Fish Hatchery and Bookstore, right?  How about Summer?  Does she have Cameron's Rest and the Wilsinoff Theatre?"

"Right on both accounts.  Summer has planned on Christmas buying the Sports Bar and Binder Clips, so she'll be well off no matter what.  That venue is sure to bring in quite a few simoleons!"

"Things surely have changed.  I never expected dumpy, sleepy, old Riverview to wind up with so many places to go and so many things to do.  I'm understanding the Civic Counsel is all for urban renewal too.  No more trailer houses and run down places, am I right?  We still have homes for the less fortunate though?"

"Yes, mom we do but they are definitely an improvement over the old places.  We made some very small lots, and contracted Agneza Builders to put up some very charming homes on them.  Oh, and have you seen her public buildings?  Now those are really an improvement over old downtown!  There are quite a few new builders showing up with new homes and businesses.  I'm even considering buying a horse for Christmas and letting her take some lessons at the new horsey type places.  She's very athletic.  Just look at what she was doing last night!  I bet you anything she is thinking of doing something more athletic than just writing.  I know she's dreamed of being a Famous Author but I bet that kid is going to go into show business. She's quite the show off you know."

"But smart, Justin.  Very smart!  You just never can tell with her being so young."

Well, I won't bore you much further, dear Diary, but needless to say we had quite a few things to do and much to discuss.  Justin and I decided on at least one change to the dynasty rules but of course, Writer has the final word. 

*And a wise word it is and never the last one.  At least not for awhile.*

Honestly!  This is a private diary if you please!  Anyway, as I was saying, we decided to make a change.  From now on once a skill has been Super Maxed anyone else in the family can also max that skill.  I've supermaxed gardening, of course, but now Justin can help with the farm chores as well.  No more locked gates and doors.  Of course, we do have to protect against accidentally maxing or supermaxing before the skill has become someone's "unique" skill but once it's been supermaxed it's open for anyone.  Of course, the mortals already had that ability.  It will keep us from becoming bored hangers on and give purpose to our long life.

Here's some pictures of our first day home.  Nothing special going on and a bit boring but that's how life is sometime.

Missing Aurora!

Summer enjoying some jam time.

Me at my favorite pastime.

Justin keeping his hand in.

I'll write soon again, dear Diary.  When things have become a bit more interesting.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #507 on: June 28, 2012, 04:45:47 PM »
Awesome update! I never knew you liked needs static too! That's sweet!!

loveSims

« Reply #508 on: June 28, 2012, 05:21:21 PM »
The family have been busy! Can't wait to see Agneza's builds in game. Great update! ;D

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #509 on: June 30, 2012, 02:49:45 PM »
Dear Diary,  It feels so wonderful, yet so strange to be back here. Some things are the same and yet other things are so different.  My wonderful garden is in a terrible state.

It needs tending and fertilizing but for some reason, those hundreds of fish I had in the frig just for that purpose, are all gone!  I'm getting really tired of midnight fishing sprees too, and have decided to have the Writer install a pond for me.  I'll stock it with deathfish and vampire fish so I can have fertilizer and ambrosia materials right close to home.  I am so annoyed that all my deathfish, (I had over 500 of them!), all disappeared from the frig.  Well, at least all the fruit and veggies remained.  Puzzling isn't it?  All the green foods there but no fish?  I guess I know what I'll be doing for the next few days!

Not that Summer's hubby, what's his name again?.....oh well, the mortal.  Anyway, he has certainly been doing his part.  He's given up most of his activities and things he wants to learn just so he can bring the garden back up to snuff.  He wants to have perfect grape plants of all the exotic varieties so one of the future heirs can do the Vizard of Vine thing.  He's already made quite a few decent bottles of nectar and his plan is to completely redo the garden and orchard so all we have are juicing fruits and money trees.  He says it will make a lot less work for everyone. I admit, my garden did get a bit over bearing but it is what has had a huge impact on our wealth.  Here's a picture I sneakily took of him hard at work.

Hmmmm.  Those gnomes in the background........something about them......I wonder?    Oh well, back to the family news.

Remember I said we would need to do some renovation?  Well, Writer got a wild hair up her......

*Watch it!  Verging on disrespect here, not to mention breaking the family values thing.*

Oh, sorry, Writer.  Ok, our ever so wonderful and brilliant,

(*laying it on a bit thick, are we?*),

Write and creator decided to improve our living conditions.  Here are several snap shots of her endeavors on our behalf.  I must say "thank you" to her because I really did not like living in level 3 basement at all!  She moved us up!

Overview of the museum, party room, (extreme right), collections area, (extreme left), nectary and mortal memory area, yellow carpeted area is memory area for other mortals including my darling Jon Lessen and dear Aurora, (party room is also memory room for my second husband), and skilling room with green carpet.   These areas are still wip.

Party room with my dear Cameron's mementos and a nice portrait of him.  Summer is busy trying to round up BFs.

Justin's room.  Isn't it lovely?

My room.  Still needs some work but Writer said she was tired and cranky. (She's always cranky if you ask me!)

*I heard that!*

Summer's room which really seems to need "something".

Our darling, Christmas's room.  All Alice in Wonderland for this girl who loves yellow.

That last picture shows our Christmas just before she maxed her writing skill!  She's well on her way to supermaxing it and before she is even a teen!

Here's Summer practicing piano.  Last night she achieved her LTW of becoming a Hit Music Composer.  Now she just needs to max her piano and a couple of parties or venues to play at to SuperMax her guitar skill, plus 6 BF and it's a few days to age up and immortality for her!  My family is so amazing.  They are achieving their goals so young, but the age rule is not one we will break.  She has to become an elder before she can become immortal.

Justin has been keeping himself quite busy sculpting.  He says the family fortunes have taken a nose dive with all the changes so wants to bring us back up to obscenely rich again.  ::) 

He took his sculptures into town to the consignment shop.  Agnezawars Builders had built this charmer and called it a "visitor's welcome" but Write said "No.  It's a consignment shoppe.", added a consignment register and voila!  He sold everything right away!  Nicholas Pere-Noel is the proprietor there.

Thyme to move along and get some fishing done.  I don't want to leave you thinking all we do is work so here's a few shots of some of the family at play before bedtime.

See you tomorrow!

#Is she gone?  Good!  Gimli, wake up!  No time to lay about now!  Plans to be made, remember?#

#Shhhhh!  You don't see us.  You are just dreaming about gnomes......#

----------
My No Buy Story