Author Topic: All the Thyme Family  (Read 131242 times)

Offline jessiethedog

• Immortal
Re: All the Thyme Family
« Reply #465 on: July 23, 2011, 03:33:30 PM »
Oh my goodness! I'm so glad the Thymes are back, but that is a disaster. I wish you the best of luck. :-\
'They fill you with the faults they had
And add some extra just for you' - Larkin

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #466 on: July 26, 2011, 03:51:47 AM »
Sending big cyber hugs to all of you along with many thanks for the encouragement.  I've gotten sidetracked with the Random Wishmaster Challenge but tomorrow I start on rebuilding their house.  Gee, I really don't know where to start!  Maybe I'll just stick them all in the basement again and hope to come up with a great house when the challenge is over.  You'll be hearing from them all.  Hmmm, I'll bet it's thyme for little Christmas to pipe up.  She's very precocious you know!

Hugs,
Joria
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #467 on: July 26, 2011, 11:44:53 PM »
Precocious?  Good thing I'm smart, too!  hehehe.  Sooo, we get home from France and tons of fun and the whole house is busted up!  No kidding!  So the grans and mums and dad got their heads together and decided it was time to upgrade.

"All in good Thyme", grampa said.  I guess they were worried about money cuz' we spent a ton in France.

"Not to worry.  I'll just harvest the money trees and what we get back from the demolition crew will take care of all we need for the moment.  Christmas?  How would you like an "Alice in Wonderland" room?  Yellow, of course."

So of course I said YES!  I can hardly wait to see it.  Yeah, I haven't seen any of it yet.  They sent me off to bed, then off to school. I know they've spent all day working on it.  Maybe I'll skip going over to a friend's house tonight.  I've got a room to fix up!

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #468 on: July 27, 2011, 02:01:19 PM »
Renovations

Dear Diary,  I am totally exhausted!  First we had to find a really good and reliable general contractor to come in but then WE had to do all the moving and shifting of our household goods!  I cannot believe we had so much stuff!  How did we manage to keep and use it all without having our home overwhelmed with junk?  After sending Christmas off to school we all got busy.  Fortunately we had a refrigerator chock full of goodies so no one had to cook anything.  I guess that's what comes of having a five star chef and master gardener in the family!

First of all several decisions had to be made. It is really quite clumsy having to have the most active members of the family down in level two of the basement, or "The Tombs" as we call it! lol  Just getting everyone upstairs and out the door takes so much more thyme.  So we decided that the "old folks" would inhabit the lower levels, each with their own suite of rooms for the grumpy/leave me alone days, and a huge central area that would contain our kitchen, dining, exercise fun and spouse remembrance areas.  Upstairs, at ground level, would be a suite for the current heir and the heir apparent, or kids.
We kept the old kitchen and dining room/foyer and one laundry facility but didn't do anything super fancy except in the new room for Christmas.  We even whittled down the garden and plan on making it even smaller once we have a huge stock of grapes for a future nectar maker.  Meanwhile, no time to do more than harvest the money trees!  We needed the money for sure. 

There is still so much to do!  The museum is in total disarray and no place to do any transfiguration yet.  However, living areas need to be finished first.  My suite, the largest of course, was the first to be done.  Here's some pictures of how it looks.  I'm quite happy with it.

Just like having my own private spa!

My dressing room and laundry area.  The rest of my shoes are in my wardrobe.

Here's me checking out my new "office" and meeting area.  A nice, quiet place to study or catch up on any new recipes and chat with friends.

Bedroom area.  The "office" is to the right and you can barely see a bit of my bathing area.  That sofa faces my tv.

A longer view of the entire area. Really, it's like a large apartment down there, and with the fake "windows" and large aquarium you don't even realize you are two stories underground.  No claustrophobia for me!  I LOVE my new digs and what's even better, most of it was recycled from stuff we already had!

Remember I mentioned the spouse remembrance area?  That is outside of each of our individual suites.  We put up sculptures, awards, photos and portraits of each spouse that has passed on the walls and floor area just outside our rooms.  Sometimes there is a portrait inside as well.  We aren't allowed, by the rules of the covenant with the Creators, to have our beloveds in our museum but there are no rules against our keeping them in our hearts and mind, or against our having them displayed within or outside of our personal space.  I think it makes the newest spouses know they will not be forgotten through the years, and it comforts us in our long wait.  I'll take some pics of that later.  Meanwhile.......back to work!

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Juxtaposition

• Immortal
« Reply #469 on: July 28, 2011, 02:50:32 AM »
Wow! I love all the extra things you add to your buildings, it really makes them feel more realistic. Like the clothes in the laundry room, I wish I had the patience to add those little touches! I love the spa bath, the touches of red really make the whole room pop!
You can call me Juxt

De D'Onlyn Dynasty
where the party never ends.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #470 on: July 28, 2011, 04:47:13 AM »
Dear Diary, it's me.  Summer.  I am sooooo tired!  First it was move everything around, then work in the yard, then move some more and we have hardly begun!
At least our room is done and what is left of the upstairs.  Honestly, sometimes I think Gran and Dad are just losing it!  Will I be like that once I finally get a dose of Happy Food?  I call it that because it looks like it tickles when they eat it.  (Shhhhh.  They aren't supposed to know I peeked.) 

Anyway, here' pictures of my space before I crash and go to sleep.

Bird's eye view of the ground level.  That's all that's left of our big cluster of octagons.

Front view.  Looks more modern to me.

From a distance you can see we still have a lot of landscaping and renovation left.  The garden is still huge but it will decrease slowly as we harvest and weed out unnecessary plants.

Mine and Jude's room.  I love the colors.  It just feels so me.

Even though it's smaller, we still get to have our tv!

It just feels like a happy place to me.

Our dining area and foyer.  Not much to brag about but it's home.

Christmas is busy at school so I don't think she'll mind me showing you her room.  It is just so Alice!  I'm sure those cats must be related to the Chesire cat.

She has her own private entrance now.  Don't you just love the Mad Hatter door?

She hasn't even seen this yet.  I know she is going to love all those crazy, quirky little things.

See ya later!

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline TheChronicR

• Watcher
« Reply #471 on: July 28, 2011, 04:55:42 AM »
I love it, Joria! You did a great job building the house, don't know if I'd have the patience if something alike happened to me. Bravo!
Well, that's your opinion, isn't it? And I'm not about to waste my time trying to change it. - Lady GaGa

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #472 on: July 28, 2011, 02:21:06 PM »
Thank you Juxt and Chronic!  I've been trying to catch up on my reading here as well, but I'm so far behind it's taking forever.  Haven't posted but enjoying my reading.  Juxt, you crack me up!

I still have to finish the basement rooms and the museum, and the fun outdoors stuff.  I figured the elders deserved a really special place of their own but only Winter will have a super huge and elegant place as the founder of the dynasty.  The next room I'll do will be Justin's and set him up with his art area.  I want to have all the skill stuff in one area.  I really like the idea of the spouses having a wall of their own outside their beloveds room.  I've already started putting Jude's achievements on what will eventually become Summer's room.

Your posts have encouraged me to continue with this.  It really makes a difference.

----------
My No Buy Story

Natsuko

« Reply #473 on: July 28, 2011, 02:45:50 PM »
Joria, I'm loving this attempt!

Also, I'm in love with Christmas' bedroom! Too cute!

Offline RubyLovesSims

• Watcher
  • Edith Appleby
« Reply #474 on: July 29, 2011, 10:30:48 PM »
The house looks stunning, Joria!
Great to see the Thymes again. I really missed them. :)
Introducing... The Tunics
Sadly, no longer. Please see the link.

New! The {Appleby} Legacy

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #475 on: July 31, 2011, 12:21:34 AM »
I worked on them all day today and have their house and lot almost done.  It's really moving along, although very slowly.  It's a huge file I guess and my pc hates it and me.  Decided to play them a bit and when I noticed their social bar was down I tried to get them to talk to each other.  No go!  They won't talk to ANYONE except on the phone!  I'm hoping this won't break the legacy after all this.
I'll post some pics tomorrow.  Want to read what you guys have written tonight!

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #476 on: July 31, 2011, 04:23:29 AM »
Joria,I so admire your perserverence with the Thymes.  A funny thing happened in my decadynasty Erin met someone called Justine Thyme I immediately thought of you.   

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline RubyLovesSims

• Watcher
  • Edith Appleby
« Reply #477 on: July 31, 2011, 04:28:34 AM »
I worked on them all day today and have their house and lot almost done.  It's really moving along, although very slowly.  It's a huge file I guess and my pc hates it and me.  Decided to play them a bit and when I noticed their social bar was down I tried to get them to talk to each other.  No go!  They won't talk to ANYONE except on the phone!  I'm hoping this won't break the legacy after all this.
I'll post some pics tomorrow.  Want to read what you guys have written tonight!
I can't wait, Joria!
I hope the Thymes are able to interact soon.... :)
Introducing... The Tunics
Sadly, no longer. Please see the link.

New! The {Appleby} Legacy

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #478 on: August 01, 2011, 05:58:28 AM »
Lol, Ratchie!  Another Justin Thyme!

Ok, guys, here's the daily drama/trauma.  That no social interaction, coupled with green square of death, meant my file was toast.  I did the update things and reset Sims and just about everything I could think of but it was no go.  I literally was in tears because I had their house exactly the way I wanted it.  Days of work gone.  I thought it was the end.  But wait......there's more....lol

Fortunately, I had the original file I had built the new one from!  I keep a copy of my saves in a separate, desktop, save folder so whenever I want to go back to a working file I just have to copy/paste and I'm good to go.  Of course, all the work was still lost so I started to rebuild again.  (I'm almost done.)  Saving in between parts so I had a file further along than the original.  Then I thought, "wait a minute.....the clever folks on the forum must have figured out a way to fix this or work around it".   Sure enough!  So I followed the steps and my completed house and household were once again in business.  Except for one thing, which I didn't discover until the end of the day after I had spent all day doing a bit more to the house and actually playing the Sims.  That one itsy bitsy, teensy weensy, but ever so crucial item was, when you evict your family with household, and save you lose all the pictures they painted!  Right!  All my museum pieces were gone and so was a lot of other stuff, like Christmas' A average in school!  Honestly, this was so much better than just writing stuff because I could not have come up with such a comedy of errors had I tried.  Fortunately, that good ol' original file was still there and in no thyme at all I should once again be able to play this family.  This rebuild won't be as extreme as the one I completed, but it's workable and almost done.  The bonus is I have another copy of my favorite family and their gorgeous house I can just play randomly for fun without having to worry about the HOF.  Two for the price of one! lol

Thanks for sticking with the Thyme's.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #479 on: October 10, 2011, 06:21:45 PM »
Dear Diary,  It's me again, Winter Thyme.  It seems that nothing in our family life is going right at this point, and our future ancestress never even warned us all this would happen.  We had such trouble with our home, and just when we thought all was well, BAM!, a burglar comes.  Now we have to answer all these questions the detectives are asking.  I know Christmas will have a talk with them, as will I.  Not sure about the other family members.  Before we begin though, let me show you some of what has been lost:

When you come down to basement level one, the first thing you see after the foyer is my gallery.  This is where some of the high points of my life are on display.

Not as impressive as some, but I'm the founder so there was less for me to show off as I began our family.  Next is my son, Justin Thyme.

He's lived such a full and interesting life we've had to have more than one room for his photos and mementos.

Next is my darling granddaughter, Summer Thyme.  We know there will be a lot more for her to do in life and there is plenty of room for all her things.  We are so proud of her we've kept a bunch of different portraits, sculptures and photos of her from all over the world and at all ages.

Christmas Thyme's walls were just begun and I'm sorry to say I have no picture of this.  In any case, we had planned on moving our museum and organizing it better.  There was just too much stuff.  We took up the challenge and got it all worked out.  Our basement level 1 became a great place for our whole family with so many fun places to work on skills, join together in play, and just put our huge collection of collectibles, not to mention our pared down personal museum spots.

On this fateful day we had been having a rather normal, run of the mill day.  Here's some photos of that time from my perspective as I told the officers.

What better thing to do on a glorious day than work in our huge garden?  We had plenty of food to eat in our refrigerators and ambrosia well stocked in the replicator.  Now it was thyme to remove many of the plants and just leave the garden for only perfect fruits to turn into nectar, and of course our money trees.  Jude, Summer's husband, had decided he wanted to achieve a special title having to do with nectar.  I think it's called Vizard of Vine.  We figured it was ok for him to give it a shot since he would not be an immortal and a spouse can do whatever they want.  We also knew that somewhere down our line one of the immortals would want to take up this challenge as a Super Max, and growing those rare grapes became our raison d'etre.  I even managed to charm Justin into helping!

Of course the gnomes had to get into the act as well.  They so want to be part of the family!  We find their antics amusing and charming.  Here's Sam giving me instructions on what to harvest.

Louis has a special interest in the watching over the grapes of his native land.

And the rest of the gnomes were training Junior who is a rather mischievous nooboo gnome.

We worked late into the night and still were not done!

At this point I sent everyone to bed, and after a brief nap, decided I wanted to try my hand at death fishing once again.  I knew no one would be around so saw no need to change out of my pjs.

Caught me a whopper!

I guess I haven't lost my touch!  I have lost touch with time though, and we'll have to continue this a bit later.  I hear more police men at the door so if you'll excuse me?

----------
My No Buy Story