Author Topic: All the Thyme Family  (Read 131230 times)

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: All the Thyme Family
« Reply #390 on: February 17, 2011, 04:49:32 PM »
I decided to go ahead and use photobucket again for now.  I was getting so far behind.  Joria, will be here to read when you get ready to post again.  I really miss the Thyme family.  You are doing such a good job with your story. :)
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #391 on: February 18, 2011, 02:51:50 AM »
Thanks you guys.  I was looking at the screenies earlier and was all excited with this family again.  I knew I had some cool things that WON'T be part of the ongoing saga but worth seeing as an alternate world thing, lol, and then some pics of what they are doing now.  I want to finish that vacation home/mansion and get our nooboo aged to teen ager.  Carl will get it all fixed.  In the meantime I'm going to work on a new story just for fun and not for the HOF.  Guess this will give me some time to do some reading as well.  I am so far behind on catching up with everyone's stories! 
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #392 on: February 25, 2011, 03:45:12 PM »
I doubt I will ever work on this family again.  I have very much enjoyed doing it but it lags my game so badly with all the stuff in it that it makes play almost impossible.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled to make sure everything was fine, (and in doing so lost a lot of stuff I thought was saved), rebooted, cleaned out files and such but the only way I can play anything is by not having the Thyme file in my EA folder.  It is saved to my desktop so if I ever get whatever it will take to make it run more smoothly I can play it again, but for now it's a no go.  I am very, very sorry.  The lag and jerkiness was so bad I was almost ready to quit playing Sims entirely.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #393 on: February 25, 2011, 03:48:12 PM »
NOOOOOOOOOOOO! I loved this Dynasty! I don't want to see it go... :'(
Formerly Simstar3

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
« Reply #394 on: February 25, 2011, 04:24:15 PM »
I'm so sorry to see the Thymes go, Joria. It must be heartbreaking for you. I think I speak for all your fans when I say we would love to see you write another story, when you're ready.
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #395 on: February 25, 2011, 04:43:41 PM »
I will miss the Thymes.

I agree with Lilly when you are ready I would love to read another of your stories.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #396 on: February 26, 2011, 01:26:21 AM »
I'm so sorry Joria. Like the rest of them, when you're ready and start writing another one, I will be there.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline jessiethedog

• Immortal
« Reply #397 on: February 26, 2011, 06:47:22 AM »
Good luck finding a possible solution. I will miss the Thymes though...
'They fill you with the faults they had
And add some extra just for you' - Larkin

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #398 on: February 26, 2011, 07:18:29 AM »
Yep,,same here.  You have such good writing skill, maybe a short story or pick a favorite sim and make a story, like I did with Chris.  There are a few favorites in SV or whichever town you play.  It is fun and you control what how their life turns out. :)
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
« Reply #399 on: February 26, 2011, 11:36:12 PM »
Aw, I will miss reading this story Joria! You are an amazing story teller. I hope you start up something else soon!:)

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
« Reply #400 on: February 27, 2011, 12:10:05 AM »
That's such a shame - The Thymes were the first dynasty I started reading.

Offline RubyLovesSims

• Watcher
  • Edith Appleby
« Reply #401 on: February 27, 2011, 02:04:55 AM »
Joria, although I wasn't a regular reader of the Thymes, I'm still sad to see one of our most popular stories go.
Good luck if you choose to write another story!
:)
Introducing... The Tunics
Sadly, no longer. Please see the link.

New! The {Appleby} Legacy

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #402 on: February 28, 2011, 03:25:49 AM »
Ok, I have a plan.  Instead of just dumping the Thyme's, (whom I really love), I"m going to dump a lot of their "stuff".  It's all the graphics trying to keep up that's lagging the game, so if I get rid of a lot of their stuff it should move faster.  I hope anyway.  It's going to take a bit of time to do it but I think it's a good idea.  Forinstance, if I ditch the palace in Egypt for something small and cozy and do the same in China, and make their home life a lot smaller, it just might work.  I mean, really.  How many mansions does one dynasty need?  So I'll work on it, it will take some time, ( I have challenges to do too), and then we'll be back on board.  You guys just brighten my life.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #403 on: February 28, 2011, 06:48:58 AM »
That's awesome news Joria! Hope it works! I know the Thymes have brightened my life so it's only fair of me to return the favor!  ;)

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #404 on: February 28, 2011, 11:21:51 PM »
Today I visited with the Thyme family in France.  What a busy day they had!  Winter and Summer both completed some adventure quests which were quite a lot of fun.  Very easy ones but hey, you take what you can.  Jude spent the day making things unbreakable and in many ways, better while Justin past the time doing what he does best, painting.  Christmas was the most fun of all.  Listening to her squeal with joy as she tried out her new playhouse was just wonderful, and then she followed her little forest path to the play ground.  That girl surely loves to swing.  Later on she worked on a new book and practiced her cooking skill with her little oven.  Photos were taken of the enchanting playhouse and the big mansion so look for them soon.  It's going into the swap shop even though it isn't quite done.  They have 13 days left in France so I'm hoping Christmas will improve her writing skills and write several more books, Jude will increase his athletic skills and will upgrade everything in the house, Winter and Summer will get level 3 visas and Justin will paint the family back into extreme wealth, most of which was spent building the nectary.

Next post I will try to put up photos of the story line that failed.  I'm only going to use in-house thumbnails for this as I don't want to take up the space in the gallery with something that never will be part of the full story. Basically, it all happened but was such a mess I had to take legal steps to make it all go away.  (Remove tombstone, leave France, place tombstone in Riverview, go back to France a few days later)  It leaves a gap in the front of the water event/garden but Aurora turned out to be a menace.  I don't do well with ghosts.

So, now for a night with my tv.  The only night I watch it.  lol

----------
My No Buy Story