Author Topic: All the Thyme Family  (Read 131240 times)

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: All the Thyme Family
« Reply #315 on: January 02, 2011, 01:03:17 AM »
GENERAL INFO

Ok, there is going to be a small, (or maybe not so small), hiatus in my story telling.  I have two, maybe three, story lines I want to develop and I'm also going to be in the Tournament challenges.  I will put most of my time in the Tournament but can continue the dynasty for fun and as a break.

Aurora continues to live on.  I don't know how old she is now but I really expected her to be long gone.  Since she is alive and well, and just as feisty as ever, Justin decided to give his bride a long awaited honeymoon in France, just the two of them.  Six more Sim days and who knows how many of MY days on this story line because I want to develop their romance.  So far they have bought her dream chateau and right now are in the process of spending most of the family funds making it gorgeous when they are not smooching and whoo hooing. (Photos of the chateau will be shared in the Building thread)  I don't want to stick all this in the main story, even though it is part of it, but instead want to do a story based on their days together.  At least the end ones, since Aurora just wrote her 25th book titled "Justin Thyme, My Love".  I may have to just insert it somehow. 

I have a problem though, I would like to keep Aurora alive for awhile, but the only way I can think of doing that is leave her in France!  BUT, that probably means huge problems and I have no idea what happens when you leave someone behind on purpose.  Has anyone done this?  If so, what happened to the person left behind and which person carries on the story, the one who goes home or the one left behind?  Who do you play?  Eventually she would have to die because otherwise the story can't continue as a dynasty.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, the nooboo is growing and learning, the garden will soon be uprooted except for the money trees, and life is going along just fine except for one itsy bitsy, teensy weensy, but every so crucial glitch named Jon Lessen Thyme.  Winter wants to marry him, but if she does that will be one person too many in the house ultimately and would kill the dynasty.  Plus, how do you get rid of a ghost, especially if you just remarried him?  You can't kill him off,and the rules say you can't move anyone out.  I'm assuming that goes for ghosts as well, although I guess she could go back to hauling around his remains.  Do ghosts count as real people in the game?  Does the game recognize them the same way they recognize live people?  If not, no problem, and Winter can go ahead and marry him, although it really does feel a tad creepy. 

Anyway, I hope someone who knows the answers will read this and enlighten me.  Meanwhile, I'll be going back to France to remodel the abandoned nectary/chateau and to continue Arora and Justin's love affair.  Oh, one other thing I'm a bit concerned about.  It seems someone was doing something in China because all of a sudden Justin has a Chinese half sister, and since his father was dead, that leaves a very elderly mother who we saw making googly eyes at a certain Chinese dude.  Hmmmmm.  Will this sudden half sibling affect the play?
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #316 on: January 02, 2011, 01:08:51 AM »
About leaving her in China, It can't be done. If you send one sim home, they'll leave, and will no longer be under you're conrol. You can play them again when the other one gets back.
About the whole half-sister thing, I dunno how that affects the challenge and rules. You might want to talk to Pam or Metro about it.
I'm pretty sure marrying a ghost is against the rules, I don't know if it's even possible.
Formerly Simstar3

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #317 on: January 02, 2011, 05:26:35 PM »
It is possible to marry a ghost, but it will add that ghost to the active household. Simstar is right, you can send Justin home and you and Aurora will remain in China till it's time for the trip to be over. If Winter marries Jon, he will re-join the house! I don't think the half-sister has anything to do with it although she might have messed up the family tree, but I hope not!  ;D Good luck in the tournament!

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #318 on: January 03, 2011, 02:51:58 AM »
I haven't checked Winter's family tree but Justin's shows the half sister off to the side and not really as a part of his immediate family.  She certainly isn't part of the active household.  I pretty much already decided to not let Winter marry Jon again.  As a matter of fact, if I can pick up his tomb stone he is outie!  He is a major annoyance sometimes and I really get tired of the ghostly chatter in the background.  He keeps on scaring Christmas and that is NOT acceptable!  The others just ignore him.  She's pretty brave, (one of her traits), but even a brave toddler doesn't like a ghost shaking her potty and stuff and her room is his favorite hangout.  It's rather a shame because when he isn't being a poltergeist he's quite a lot of fun.  He loves to join in the jam sessions!  It's making it harder for her to learn her stuff from reading and she seldom plays by herself.  I"m concerned she won't be as successful a child as the others have been.

Justin and Aurora are back home now.  She is 103 days old!  She actually managed to pick up another certificate on this vacation and together they conquered that maze under the frog pond.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #319 on: January 03, 2011, 04:52:02 AM »
Hi Joria. 

You won't be able to leave Aurora in France by herself.  You can send Sims home early during a vacation, but your control stays with whoever is still vacationing.  So, yes, Aurora can have more time in her life, but you have to stay with her while she's in another country.  I do that myself quite a lot.  My game runs better in the foreign locations, too, so it's a nice thing for my Dynasty to have long vacations.

The bit about having a child in China won't be a deal breaker for your Dynasty.  That's one of the travel bugs that EA hasn't fixed yet.  It might cause some trouble with your family tree, but you can just disregard the child.  You're not required to bring it into the house or anything.  It falls under technical difficulties and you're not held responsible as far as the Dynasty rules go.

As for marrying Jon's ghost, I think technically you can do it and still be within the rules.  If she marries Jon's ghost, he comes under your control and is counted as any other Sim living in your house.  He will live the span of an elder and then return to the netherworld.  I'm fairly certain of this, but not 100%.  In my opinion, it would be best to not marry the ghost.  It will just add complications to your Dynasty and, frankly, ghosts are annoying to play.  You constantly have the ghost sounds and will deal with all Sims freaking out around him all the time (like a SimBot and mummy).  Also, I'd recommend that you post about it on the main Immortal Dynasty thread so Metro can officially give the ok if you really want to do it.

I loved Aurora's piece about baby Christmas.  It brought a tear to my eye!

One last thing...  when you center and bold your titles, you need to do the centering last.  I've edited some of them for you because the code wasn't doing the right thing.  Do bold and italics first, then center all of it.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #320 on: January 04, 2011, 04:29:07 AM »
Joria, I saw the castle in other tread and am amazed. And Winter has a really restless heart. Wonderfull writting Joria!

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #321 on: January 04, 2011, 04:53:12 AM »
Thanks Pam and Anushka.  I pretty much had decided to not marry Jon and if possible, pick up his remains and plant him elsewhere!  He is a nuisance for the most part, although there are several sweet times as well.  I've been focusing on the fishy challenge so haven't done anything with my Thyme except that. lol  I'm really curious how Christmas will turn out as she seems to have a really independent streak and does not like to mind her mommy at all.  Strangely enough, my fishy character is just as stubborn and often will stamp her foot at me and say  NO! when I want her to do what she must, like eat!  None of her traits should give that reaction, although Christmas so far has disciplined and athletic.

I think if I can get rid of Jon entirely I just might completely revise my mansion.  It was a nice idea but it is really hard to navigate around those octagons!  Maybe just make the entire house underground and the museum above ground.  I don't know, sounds like a lot of work which is why I still have it.

Anushka I'm glad you like that chateau!  I am having such fun with it and have so many plans for it.  For such a large building there actually aren't that many rooms.  Only 4 bedrooms total.  However, I could fix up the small nectary behind the main chateau to house at least one more and there are two floors over the garage.  There is always the basement as well.  But really, how often will there be 8 Sims all on vacation together?  Hmmm, since it's a vacation house I could always have some folks share rooms.  Two beds instead of one.  I'll have to think about it.   Next shot will be Egypt, although I have to rebuild the family fortune.  I have spent almost all of it on that chateau remodel!

----------
My No Buy Story

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #322 on: January 04, 2011, 10:12:44 AM »
Joria, you keep saying if possible you will move his grave. Is he out all the time? If so, just reset him (resetSim Jon Lessen/ Jon Thyme) and he will go into his grave/urn and then you can move it wherever you want. Hope this helps!  ;D

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #323 on: January 04, 2011, 01:24:17 PM »
OMG!  I think I JUST LOST THE GAME!  (anyone with a teen knows what this means)

I had decided I missed the Thymes so I was playing them this morning.  Everything was going fine.  Nooboo was reading, Justin was painting, (of course), Jude and Summer were in the garden, Winter had just gotten up from a nap, and Aurora had just made a batch of ambrosia for Justin who needed it.  Even the gnomes were busy being gnomes, (one vamp got caught eating Christmas's teddy!), and getting their picture taken by me.  Little did we know what would happen next!  Aurora put the ambrosia on the counter and before I could click on Justin to come eat it JON STOLE IT!  Here's the result:

I will have to contact Metro to see if this kills my game.  I'm hoping not since it was not something I did but something Jon did on his own as an npc.  In any case, since he's currently alive, if I can keep him away from any more ambrosia, I think he could marry Winter, live awhile and then die again.  How's all that for a twist?

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #324 on: January 04, 2011, 04:02:19 PM »
Oh wow! That is crazy! I guess he wanted to be back in Winter's arms and didn't care the result! That's so romantic! Ok, I'll try to get my hopeless romantic under control here! On the Dynasty side, that sucks! I hope Metro can help! I'm sorry Joria!  :(

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #325 on: January 04, 2011, 05:31:03 PM »
Oh no! I'm so sorry, Joria!  I really hope Metro can help, I don't want the Thymes to end... :'(
Formerly Simstar3

Offline revolution724

• Townie
« Reply #326 on: January 04, 2011, 07:27:03 PM »
I hate to say it, but I lost a dynasty that way.  :-\

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #327 on: January 04, 2011, 08:52:24 PM »
I just pm'd Metro so we'll see what he says.  I've put so much thyme in my family that if they can't be a legacy they can be MY version of a legacy.  I'll continue writing it and do a new one for the HOF if it comes down to it.  I'm hoping he'll allow it since it wasn't my doing.

EDIT:  YAYYYY!!!!  Metro gave me a get out of jail free card!  I just have to go back to an earlier save.  I won't have lost much as they hadn't been back from France for long.  I AM going to keep that file though.  I'll put it in a separate place and play it just for fun to see how it turned out.  I am so relieved!  Bless our dear, Metro Man!

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
« Reply #328 on: January 04, 2011, 09:18:13 PM »
Yay! I am so happy for you! And for all of us avid fans of the Thyme family :)

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #329 on: January 04, 2011, 09:18:28 PM »
YAAAAAAYZ! ;D
Formerly Simstar3

anything