Author Topic: All the Thyme Family  (Read 131236 times)

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
Re: All the Thyme Family
« Reply #270 on: December 22, 2010, 08:48:33 PM »
Yeah. Pretty dramatic near the start.
Formerly Simstar3

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #271 on: December 22, 2010, 10:32:37 PM »
Cool update Joria!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Sibyl

• Nooboo
« Reply #272 on: December 23, 2010, 02:21:16 PM »
I think you're doing a great job of juggling all the different characters in the family!

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #273 on: December 24, 2010, 02:30:11 AM »
Dear Readers, first of all the Thyme's and I wish you all a blessed and happy holiday season.  I want to thank you for reading and posting to our story.

At the moment we are in crises mode.  My game seems to be seriously borked.  When the Thyme's came back from a really great trip to China, Summer found herself pregnant with a little girl.  She delivered  the baby, Christmas Thyme, in the hospital with the usual freak outs.  The baby was adorable and beautiful and well loved.  When she ages to a toddler everything goes haywire.  Several Sims go invisible.  Not even a plumbob to show where they are and no actions available.  The baby herself got stuck on the potty and in less than ten Sim minutes was totally potty trained while everyone around kept going from starving and exhausted to ok back and forth.  I could get the visible ones to get food but they wouldn't eat it.  I even went into build mode and removed the potty from underneath the baby but she still was there in a squat position.  No one can pick her up.  She does not crawl away.  If I can't fix it my dynasty is over.  I do not have another back up for this game, only the file that I've been playing.  I have gotten rid of the cache files and I have no screenies in my Sims files, ( I remove them frequently to a separate folder).  I have some items from the exchange, all of them are hair colors and patterns that have been fine in the past.  It was only after Christmas ages up that it goes haywire.  I am about to uninstall ALL my custom content including store items, freebies, Dr. Pepper items and T-Mobile items so nothing will be left except EP's and SP's.  Let's hope it works.

If it doesn't we say a sad farewell to the Thyme's.  If anyone has any idea how to fix this please let me know.  Thanks so much.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #274 on: December 24, 2010, 02:37:15 AM »
You don't have a saved file from before they went on vacation?  Oh my, that is awful Joria.  I have so enjoyed reading this story, even if I don't post, I read every dynasty, but I must say, I really think you are doing great.  I guess these challenges are a challenge in themselves, with so many having to start over.  I hope you can find a way around all that mess.  Good luck and Merry Christmas. :)
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #275 on: December 24, 2010, 05:13:31 AM »
Joria, it is horrible news, I'm so sorry!
I understand that you only have one saved file of Thymes, and you saved after Christmas grow up?
Have you tried resetSim on them? Turn of computer then turn on and it is the same?
You may ask Metro to try evict family in Edit Town and return them back.That will reset them and maybe fix this.
If that doesn't work, you should rather do complete uninstall and reinstall   everything back without anything else but EP and SP.
If that doesn't work, I really don't know what else to do. I had to restart dynasty 2 times cause of the same thing so now I have at least 5 different save files. I'm so sorry to hear this and I honestly hope you'll find the way to save them. I can imagine how hard it is for you, I know how you're attached to Thymes.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #276 on: December 24, 2010, 06:22:17 AM »
Oh Joria,I wish I could help but my technical ability as far as computers are concerned is exactly Nil. I can just about switch it on. I hope someone can help you I would hate for us to loose the Thymes.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #277 on: December 24, 2010, 08:39:53 AM »
Joria, I am so sorry. The only things that come to my mind are what Anushka said. I hope you get this worked out, I know first hand how attached we get to these little computer people. On a brighter note, I hope you (and everyone else) has a Merry Christmas.

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
« Reply #278 on: December 24, 2010, 11:03:04 AM »
Good luck fixing your Thymes, Joria!

Merry Christmas.
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #279 on: December 24, 2010, 11:17:27 AM »
I really hope you can fix this, Joria. :'(
Formerly Simstar3

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #280 on: December 24, 2010, 12:33:39 PM »
Anushka you are a life saver!  I had totally forgotten about resetSim!  I had to reset each of the invisible ones but it DID work.  YAYYYY!  Thank you so much!

Thanks to everyone who posted and gave me moral support.  I was really devastated.  Everything had been going so well and then all of a sudden it just all failed.  Since I had finally reached the halfway point in my game and was at gen 4, (the furthest I've ever been in a legacy or dynasty!), it was really upsetting.  Literally months of work and play would have been lost. I was in heartbroken tears and trying so hard to not be upset.  My poor husband!  He just did not know how to comfort someone upset over a game, though he did his best.

Tonight I will have the joy of hearing our great-granddaughter sing the Mass.  She has two solos and a duet and then the rest with the choir.  Even better my son will be there with us.  Hopefully I will not be in too much pain after sitting in my wheel chair that long. Then we open a present.  Everyone goes to bed except me.  I will be playing my Sims!  Tomorrow morning she sings again but I will stay home.  Two trips that close would be too hard on me.  Soooooo, I get to play my Sims.  Then family all show up, a lovely dinner and fun with family.  We all sing and play instruments and with such a big family it is always a party when we get together!  (Like Sims jam sessions!)  Then they go home and I GET TO PLAY SIMS!!!  The Sims part would not have been possible were it not for you, so thank you, thank you, thank you!

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #281 on: December 24, 2010, 12:35:26 PM »
YAAAAAAYZ! ;D The Thymes are safe!
Formerly Simstar3

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #282 on: December 24, 2010, 02:20:34 PM »
Thank goodness!! I'm so happy it worked out ok for you Joria! To me, the part that sounds best in your plans is playing sims!  ;D Have a Merry Christmas and enjoy your sims!

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #283 on: December 24, 2010, 04:36:28 PM »
There's No Place Like Gnome for the Holidays
[/i][/b]

*Family singing*   Oh, there's no place like Gnome, for the holidays.

So no matter where ever you may roam,

If you want to be happy in a million ways,

For the holidays there's just no place like Gnome!

Happy Holidays from our Gnome to yours!

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!
[/b]

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #284 on: December 24, 2010, 04:38:58 PM »
Merry Christmas! ;D
Formerly Simstar3

anything