Author Topic: All the Thyme Family  (Read 131227 times)

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: All the Thyme Family
« Reply #255 on: December 19, 2010, 06:48:23 PM »
Holly, Jolly Christmas

We're baaaaaaccckkk!  It was a great trip but I'm glad it is over.  I had an awful lot to think about and some decisions to make.  First, I decided I wanted to do something with music.  (DUH!)  Second, I planned on being really close to my Mom for as long as I could.  I knew I had so much yet to learn from her, (how to cook for one thing!), and that I would miss her horribly.  We had a rocky start, both of us being just a tad stubborn, but I got to really know her on our travels and she is the most awesome Mom anyone could have.
Last, and definitely not least,  I realized I really loved Jude.  Yes!  My adorable, oh so cute and clumsy, and definitely good looking Jude!  I'd known him since we were kids and neither of us was perfect.  I had really gotten to know all kinds of sides of him as we grew up and as I compared him to other men I met, well, they just didn't measure up.

I didn't waste ANY thyme at all!  This Thyme was not going to stand idly by while he zoomed off to go work at some dippy spa or other.  The second I caught my breath and had used the potty, I called him to come over.  After a quick, but amorous hug, a kiss or two and a nice massage, I did it!

I'm not sure if he was just overwhelmed or scared or what it was.  My heart was in my throat because he just stood there for so long I thought, "this is it.  Rejected."  But no, it just wasn't his way to jump up and down and get all emotional over it.  He just looked at me and said, "I've always loved you.  I never thought you would really want a loser like me.  Of course, I want to marry you, so.....yes."

I don't know who was shaking more as I placed the ring that bound us on his hand, him or me.

He was NOT getting away this time!  Right then and there I said "Let's have a private ceremony right now!"  He agreed.  I changed into my wedding dress, called the family, (who only stayed for a second for some reason), and we said our private vows to one another.

"With this ring, I thee wed.  I promise to love you all the days of your life.  I will support you in all you want to do or become.  I will be faithful and caring and will honor and love you always."

We said much more, but that special moment belongs to Jude and me alone.

I don't think we have ever been so happy in our whole lives.

After we said our vows the family decided it was family Thyme again.  Time to jam and party and have some fun to celebrate.  I know my family wasn't totally thrilled with my choice of a spouse but I could see that, "I want to be a grandparent" look in their eyes, and was pretty sure that would overcome their objections.  

*Side note.  We suddenly have been having a large influx of these strange, little, scary creatures.  It all started when Gran planted some plasma fruit thinking it would be a good additions for some drinks.  First there was one.  Then two.  Then suddenly there were SIX of them.  In the following shot you can see how two of the little monsters turned the teddy bears we had sitting under the Christmas tree into more of them!  We somehow caught moment of change during our jam session shots.*

Later on Jude and I wanted some private time.  He definitely needed a complete wardrobe makeover!

I really don't know who was rude enough to take that last shot!  Really!  That is supposed to be a PRIVATE moment.  So we adjourned to our room, (which may need a bit of redecorating in the future!), to share our now private time together.

I was overwhelmed with joy and delight in my darling Jude.  As it turned out his traits weren't that bad.  Apparently he had seen a therapist or something and "Loser" was no longer one of his attributes.  He is a virtuoso, green thumb, loves the outdoors, handy and a bookworm and he wants a perfect body and he loves the color white so we go well together!  The only cloud in our relationship that I could see was my huge mistake.  I neglected to tell him anything about the dynasty.  He thought we would live together in bliss and then we'd die.  He didn't know that would only apply to him.  But that was a worry for another Thyme to deal with.  As for us........we had some loving to do!
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #256 on: December 19, 2010, 06:50:54 PM »
Why's one of the sims sitting down?

Where?  They are either sitting to eat or sitting to play an instrument.  Or, in the case of Egypt, he had slipped on the bank and fallen down.

----------
My No Buy Story

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #257 on: December 19, 2010, 09:12:32 PM »
Ok, okay. Nice update, by the way. What are Judes traits?
Formerly Simstar3

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #258 on: December 20, 2010, 01:35:03 AM »
Jude is a perfect person for a spouse.  Poor guy.  His traits are:

green thumb  (so the ladies can have help in the garden)
loves the outdoors  (so he won't hate the garden)
virtuoso   (it's a musical family after all)
handy  (because when Aurora passes we need someone to upgrade everything)
bookworm  (just in case he decides to write like Aurora has)

His LTW is the athletic one where you have to get 10 martial arts and 10 athletic  (he's well on his way)  Although they are on their honeymoon he's still being trained to be a good house husband between skilling.  Of course, the happy couple are also having a grand time together.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
« Reply #259 on: December 20, 2010, 02:32:35 AM »
Later on Justin and I wanted some private time.  He definitely needed a complete wardrobe makeover!

I'm assuming you mean Jude, not Justin, here. This is right before the hot tub pictures.

Great Christmas wedding Joria! I love Summer's hat collection.
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #260 on: December 20, 2010, 05:58:34 AM »
I'm glad I took thyme to check several pages backward and catch up with Thymes. First, I'm glad you gave that boy second chance, or better to say that Summer came to her senses. Jude is responsible young man, working and struggling, even if was loser! And his new traits are great addition.
It's great on vacations isn't it! I wonder why you're having trouble reaching level 3 visa, you made it in China. I actually came to love Egypt the most, since by then I get Sultan's Tabernacle (that fancy tent) which give them +40 moodlet slept like king/queen/prince and I use that a lot. And if there were an option to swim and sunbath as it was in Sims2 I wouldn't ever leave Egypt just for that amazing sea colors and beaches.
You create wonderful story, and your great skill of telling it through each character so vivid, made me sad for Aurora, but even more for Justin and Summer. 
Their mansion really looks like one with that big gate and tall trees around! And those hats! They all look great! I really enjoyed reading it!

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #261 on: December 20, 2010, 11:51:20 AM »
I'm assuming you mean Jude, not Justin, here. This is right before the hot tub pictures.

Great Christmas wedding Joria! I love Summer's hat collection.

OOOPS!  Thanks for catching that!  I corrected it.

@ Anushka:  Thank you so much, Anushka, (and all who read this).    Your comments are what keep me posting, and knowing I'm entertaining you with these silly Sims.

Vacation thymes are my favorite.  They have to work hard there sometimes to do skills and such, but there is also more of a chance to just let them be a family and have fun.  I really just got so involved with what they were doing in Egypt that I forgot to take screenies of them.  There were jam sessions and trips to just tour around and playing games together that I just totally forgot to take a snapshot of.  The problem with Egypt for me was lack of opportunities.  It took so long running around doing the Morcorp thing, (and there were a couple that seemed bugged), that I didn't have time to focus on getting my Visa level up.  The firs time anyone in the family went there it was just Cameron and he went alone and accomplished so much more.  Probably because it was just one Sim and I didn't have to worry about keeping a whole family busy.

Right now they are having the same difficulty in China.  Lack of opportunities.  The only ones they keep getting is the go find fish ones!  Of course, one immortal already has level 3 visa so it isn't as important and I can focus on bringing up Jude and Summer's skills and just have good times with Aurora.  Wait till you see what Winter is up to!  I was shocked as she is doing this all on her own.

The hats are a recolor from the Diva/Divo collection.  I've had more fun with them as I personally love wearing hats myself and even have made a few.  I just wish there were more fashion hats and fewer of the sillier hats.

----------
My No Buy Story

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #262 on: December 20, 2010, 11:55:56 AM »
Joria,I am loving reading about the Thymes. I wait with anticipation for the announcement of Summers pregnancy.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline revolution724

• Townie
« Reply #263 on: December 20, 2010, 07:47:14 PM »
I love those hats, wow!  Did they come from a stuff pack?

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #264 on: December 20, 2010, 08:36:28 PM »
I love those hats, wow!  Did they come from a stuff pack?

The hat is from the Diva/Divo collection from the EA Store.  All I did was get some cool patterns and recolor the hat.  The basic hat is white straw with a light pink, almost mauve, flower on it.  I have had so much fun recoloring this hat!  The thing is, when you put a pattern on the flower, it, of course, gets scrunched up in it so what you get isn't really the pattern as you saw it but different shades of color.  You can wind up with hundreds of "different" hats this way.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #265 on: December 21, 2010, 12:27:31 AM »
Awesome updates! How rude of Jude, but I think all sims are rude when it comes to ghosts, mummies and Simbots! At least she came to realize how special he was! Can't wait to see Summer's baby!

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #266 on: December 21, 2010, 04:48:03 AM »
Summer is a beautiful bride!  You really created a lovely bridal outfit, Joria.  Your writing is wonderful, as always.  :)
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #267 on: December 22, 2010, 02:36:57 PM »
I don't know if I'm allowed to write in the "family" diary. After all, I'm one of the dispensable ones.  Just a mortal who will soon vanish from this wonderful family.  My name is Aurora (Shallow) Thyme and I'm married to the most wonderful man on earth, Justin Thyme, first heir to a family that hopes to be immortal.  We'll just see how that works for them!

My mother-in-law, Winter Thyme is one of the most amazing women I know.  She started out with nothing, and through mostly her hard work and determination, and the willing help and love of two husbands, her son, and myself, has built a family of wealth, prestige and great accomplishments.  Her dream has been built on her personal tragedy and loss, and so far she has succeeded.  My darling Justin has joined her as an immortal so I know that, even though I may die, he at least will live forever and therefor so will I, if only in his memories.  Our daughter, Summer, is the heir to this family and will one day, if all goes as planned, will join her grandmother and father as another immortal.  This is my dearest wish and the reason I can willingly sacrifice my own desires, because if I choose to beg for my own, personal, immortality, the entire family will fail.  I can prepare the sacred food that will keep them forever alive, although elderly, but I must not ever taste it or the fruit that goes into it.  It is not even a temptation any longer, although there are days........

We have a gorgeous mansion to live in, a huge farm, cars you usually can only dream of, and a very tight knit and loving family.  Of course, money just pours in from the properties they either own or are partners in, and the money trees seem to produce faster than we can harvest them.  Now my daughter, Summer, has married a delightful young man, Jude is his name, and hopefully will produce a grandchild for me to love in the time I have left on earth.  As it happened, this almost was never going to be a possibility.
Summer is sometimes a bit rash, and in her rush to marry Jude, she did not tell him anything about the family "curse" of immortality.  Yes, CURSE.  How could it be a blessing when you are forever selfishly guarding the secret that would keep the ones you love the most with you forever?  Anyway, I digress.  

Summer had a rather rapid wedding.  We managed to catch just a glimpse of it, and of her looking radiant and beautiful.  She did ask us to come but somehow we wound up being late and only managed the last few seconds and of course, the family jam session afterwards.  I know she had a lovely wedding night because both she and Jude were all aglow the next morning, giggling and constantly touching one another.  It's almost as if they were in their own private bubble and the world around them wasn't really quite there.  

I was coming out of the kitchen to eat with the others by the pool when I heard voices that were upset and tense.  This is what happened.

"So Jude!  Welcome to the family.  I suppose Summer has told you all about what your role in our family will be and about the family gift?"

"Gift, sir?  I'm not sure what you mean.  Summer is gift enough for me.  I love her very much you know, and I promise you, I will take care of her and cherish her always."

"You have accepted the fact that you will age and die and she and your child will remail alive forever, right?  I mean, she did tell you?  You do know certain members of our family are immortal and you, and my darling Aurora, are not? "

"WHAT!?  What do you mean you are "immortal" and Aurora and I aren't?  Oh, I get it!  You're teasing me!  Good one, sir!  You really had me going there for a moment!"

"Well, I really botched this one.  I'm sorry, Jude.  I thought Summer had told you all about it and that you were willing.  I really am sorry man."

Just then Winter came out and saw what Justin had done.

"Good morning, Justin, Jude.  Well, Justin, I see you have started to tell this wonderful young man all about us!  Jude, it is not as bad as my dear son is saying.  I'm sorry Summer did not talk to you about this beforehand but please understand it was more because she is very much in love with you.  I'm going to be honest with you here, son.  We were not totally pleased with her choice of you.  You had some unresolved issues that we felt might not be in the best interests of our darling girl or the family.  However, you have matured a lot and I can see you both adore each other.  In the long run, isn't that what matters?"

"Really?  It might have been nice if she had been honest and had clued me in from the beginning.  If she had talked with me first it would have been different.  Now I'm not so sure.  How can we have a good marriage if we aren't totally honest with each other?"

"Jude, I really believe it was an oversight on her part."

"OVERSIGHT?  Pretty darned big "oversight" if you ask me!"

"Ok, let's calm down and have a talk about this, shall we?  First of all there was very little time when she could have talked with you about it.  In the beginning you were always going off somewhere every time she tried to call or that awful time when you came over and then left immediately.  I'm telling you Jude, that episode was just about the end of it for you two ever being together.  Then we hauled her off on a couple of trips.  I'm being honest here, we had hoped she would find someone else on one of those trips.  However, all she could do is moon around and talk about you.  How many times did she call you while on vacation?  It seems to me she was always chatting with you."

"Yeah.  I was kind of a jerk that day.  I knew I had to go to work in a few minutes so I just should have made plans to see her later that evening or on my day off.  I thought she'd understand I just had to see her, if only for a few minutes.  I could see her in the rear view mirror and really did look upset.  I'm really sorry about that one.  And then she was gone, and the only thing I had left was her phone calls!  So, you're right.  It did seem like she really cared about me and I guess a phone conversation would not have been the best way to talk about this.  So tell me about it, ok?"

"I won't go into the whole long history of this.  Summer can fill you in on any details or whatever.  Basically, after a lot of research and a huge amount of plain, dumb luck, I came across the secret of immortality.  I'm not sure if it's a blessing or a curse because the members of our family are fated to fall desperately in love with someone, or many someones, marry them, have one child who will be our heir, and then watch our beloved spouses die while we age, but remain immortal.  The heir will live forever, and that my dear, new son, is your only consolation.  If you truly love Summer with all your being, you will find the strength and the great courage to support her in every way you can knowing she and your child will live forever.  That is the part that is your blessing.  You will live on in their memories and will pass from this earth knowing the ones you love the most will always be here.  During your time in the family you will have every thing you could ever want.  You will have wealth, time to fulfill every life time wish you have ever had, you will be dearly loved and cherished by us all.  You will be able to watch your child grow and blossom and you will be so well loved by Summer it will be beyond your fondest imaginings.  Our blessing will be your presence among us, but our blessing is bittersweet.  As we come to know you and love you, we will always have the knowledge that you will leave us and we'll be left behind for eternity.  At first I thought immortality was the greatest gift and the greatest blessing.  After having to let go of two husbands, I'm no longer so sure it is a blessing and not a curse.  I miss them every day I live.  Of course, you will also have your duties among us just as everyone in any family does.  You'll have your chores to do, as we all do, and you'll have to promote the well being of your small nuclear family as well as the larger family.  Worse, you can NEVER, ever tell anyone about this!  Not your dearest friend or any family outside of our family.  Never, Jude.  If you do you curse Summer and your child, if you have one to death.  You also may NEVER eat anything we forbid you to eat.  It is one dish and one fruit, so you certainly won't starve, but you can never eat it."

"This is an awful lot to take in, and I'm pretty mad right now.  I really don't know what to see or what to think.  Thanks for telling me all this.  I have a lot of thinking to do."

It was right at that moment I came up to them.  Oh boy!  What a mess!  I love my Justin dearly but he certainly is not the soul of tact!  

"Aurora I think we blew it.  That poor kid!"

"Don't worry, Mom.  I'll have a chat with him and let him know what it's like from my perspective.  You know what it is for you, but you two will remain, while Jude and I......."

"I'm so sorry Aurora.  I really, truly, wish it could be different.  Thank you so much for all you have done and all you are, and thanks for talking with Jude.  I think that will ease his mind a lot and hopefully prevent a divorce.  He's really angry right now."

Later on, after I finally sat down and had my meal,  I had a talk with Jude.  He was in the kitchen and had been talking with Summer, although not about all he'd heard.  He was still too upset to bring it up.  I jumped right in.  Summer wasn't sure what to say.  She just let me do the talking.

"Jude, dear, I hear you heard all about the family today.  I'm so sorry you had to learn about them the way you did.  I want you to know, if you have any questions about this you can come to me and I'll do my best.  Let me say though, my dear, silly daughter probably just made some assumptions and never thought it would be a big deal.  I don't think she realizes how unique this family is.  Do you sweetie?  No?  I thought not.  You know, you silly girl, you have a lot of explaining to do to this young man.  For now, Jude, just let me say it's ok.  At first I really didn't believe it was true.  I was so madly in love with Justin, I still am, that it was hard for me to accept that he could do this.  To love me and then willingly let me die while he remained behind?  Then I thought of how much I loved him and it was ok.  When I realized our child would also be with him, my fears and doubts left.  After all, I would die anyway some day whether he and our child were immortal or not.  This way I would be spared the pain of losing him.  I would go to a peaceful place but he would have to remain behind, alone and lonely without me.  That actually has been harder for me to bear.  Search your heart, Jude.  Do you love her enough to accept this burden?"

"I do, momma Aurora.  I most certainly do."

And that was that.  I wasn't sure I had done the right thing, but can we ever be completely sure about things like this?  I was just happy these two young people would have a good start with a totally open relationship now.  

"Summer, I love you so much.  Just please, honey.  Never keep anything from me again, ok?  And I won't ever keep anything from you.  No secrets, except the good, surprise kind.  Ok?"

"Thank you dearest.  I'm so sorry I didn't tell you before.  It wasn't deliberate.  I just love you so much and wanted to be with you so very much.  No secrets, I promise."

"You've made me so happy marrying me.  I still can't believe it sometimes!"

So that was it.  The happy couple went off to work things out while I hoped there would be chimes ringing, (heheh), and the rest of us planned a great vacation trip and time to get to know one another for us all.  Jude had wanted to go to Shang Simla for years and this was going to be a gift with and from us all.  More about that later!

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #268 on: December 22, 2010, 05:29:53 PM »
ALL THE THYMES IN CHINA
[/u][/b]

Winter's Story:

Well, we certainly had some exciting time at the Thyme house before we left!  This trip was almost going to be one to help Summer heal and instead it became a time of fun and excitement for us all.  We really only made this trip for two reasons.  One, Aurora would be leaving us sooner than we liked and two, Jude had wanted to go the Shang Simla for years but couldn't afford it.  After Summer had told the class about her first trip abroad while she was still in grammar school, he had been dreaming of a fabulous trip full of adventure.  Now his wish was coming true.

Oh, they had a bit of patching up to do first.  That night at home we all went out clubbing and afterwards it seems as if the newlyweds definitely made up!  I kept hoping I'd hear some wind chimes but that would have been way too intrusive!  Anyway, they were all smiles and more than ready to take this trip.

As for me, I got tired of everyone else having adventures!  My visa level was a puny level one and I wanted more!  Unfortunately, I was told by my manager I'd probably have a photographer with me a lot of the time.  I was not amused but I guess my manager knows best.  He's determined to make a 5 star celeb out of this old lady.  Personally, I think he's just after the family secret of longevity.  If he only knew!  Anyway, here's day one for me.

Decisions, decisions!

I know!  It seems so silly to have to pose in front of this adventure board!  Ok, so off I went.  Here's me in Dong somebody-or-other's tomb!  It was a pretty interesting place with a lot of traps and stuff for me to get past.  I actually made it all the way through though it took several days of our vacation time for me to finish it.

The good news is Photographer got so scared I wasn't bothered during the entire rest of the time I was in the tombs!  A decision was made that if I went into anymore during this trip it was going to be a solo adventure and they'd all pray I made it out alive!  rofl
Let me put it this way.  I am now the proud owner of a level 3 visa for Shang Simla!

After all that it was time for me to chill out a bit!  Ahhhh, nothing like relaxing in private in your own hot tub!

I took full advantage of this while I could.  The rest of the family were all off doing their own thing but I knew the peace and quiet wouldn't last so I made the most of it.

Later on I went to visit one of the paparazzi who had been stalking us.  I made him into a good friend, and who knows, maybe more than a friend?  Scandalous!

It all started off with me having to deliver some fish to him.

We chatted awhile......

Then......

And.....

WHAT ON EARTH WAS I THINKING!!!???

It must have been all those hormones raging around!  My son and daughter-in-law were making google eyes at one another, (and more!), my granddaughter was all moonie eyed over her new husband and vice versa and the hot tubs were almost always in use and not just for soaking in!  Ok, so I wasn't THAT old yet but after two husbands surely I knew better than to start a new romance.
And maybe.....just maybe.....that's all it was.  A new "summer romance" in a very romantic place and time.

I needed to think.  What better place to do so than at a fine fishing hole?  I could do one of my favorite things, fish, get tons of fish for various tasks, and work my way through this dilemna I created.  Maybe even catch those dragon fish I'd heard about for Summer's challenge back home.

Later on that evening I had some time to chat with Jude and best of all, we had a jam session together!  That boy really surprised me with how well he could play keyboard and he hadn't even had any lessons yet!  I have to admit, I was impressed, and he said he was pretty impressed with how someone my age could bang on those drums! lol  Notice he's in his swim trunks?  It seems he has Cameron's addiction to the water sprinklers!

I have to admit I had a really good time there.  We did a bit of remodeling, added a few new things to the house, but nothing major or too stressful.  I'll show you all that another time.  All in all, between the excitement of the tombs and challenges, the bazillion fish I caught, and the beautiful scenery.  It was a pretty fine trip.  I still had one, as yet unsolved, dilemna.  We didn't need any, but these next photos show you where I went for contemplation next.

This one was a whopper, though still no prize.

Time in Shang Simla was drawing to an end.  I knew I had to say something and had to do it now.  I had made up my mind.  I saw him hanging around outside the gate and came out.

I was very fond of him.  He was a sweet and good man even if he was a paparazzi.  But I knew, even though I cared for him, it wouldn't work.  I had to say goodbye to romance, and hello to a good friendship.

And that was that.  I just didn't have the courage to face losing another man I loved.  Not yet anyway.  Who knows what the future will bring?  We'll stay in touch, and maybe the next time I visit Shang Simla things will be different for us.  For now, it was thyme to go..............

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #269 on: December 22, 2010, 06:21:13 PM »
Lovely update.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.