Author Topic: All the Thyme Family  (Read 131341 times)

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: All the Thyme Family
« Reply #210 on: December 06, 2010, 03:34:30 PM »
She looks fantastic I especially liked the ball gown.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #211 on: December 06, 2010, 05:57:30 PM »
That was funny! I like all the outfits, and it certainly did sound like something out of a magazine!
Formerly Simstar3

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #212 on: December 07, 2010, 03:47:40 PM »
Nice outfits!

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
« Reply #213 on: December 08, 2010, 12:37:57 AM »
It kind of looks like she's giving a little curtsy in the last picture!  :D
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #214 on: December 08, 2010, 05:15:52 AM »
huh I missed 3 birthdays and a fashionshow! And they all are excellent. Lady of a house shore have restless heart! And congrats for Justin, he is very very thin! Love the fashion. Specially the color! And hard to chose, but that motive is beautiful on everything (black flowers on turquoise background). I love you're story. Great job.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #215 on: December 09, 2010, 10:17:48 PM »
Justin is way too thin!  I bought him one of those things that change your body shape with his mortal wife's LTR and tried to bulk him up a little.  He looks a bit better but still too thin.  Now he wants to learn kung fu and I will have to keep him away from it as I plan on athletics for my of my dynasty people.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #216 on: December 11, 2010, 03:17:20 PM »
Vacation Thyme!

Life had settled down into a dull routine.  Get up, eat, work, play, sleep, etc. etc.  Summer was doing well in school making friends and keeping her grades up by diligent attention to homework.  Winter, as usual, spent most of her thyme in her garden which now had nothing but perfect plants in it, well, all except for the Omni plants which she watched carefully lest they die.  No matter how many times she ordered seeds they never arrived in the mail.  Justine couldn't  be parted from his easels and sculpting table and seemed to never want to do anything fun with the family.  Aurora retired from her job so she could work in the garden and write but even this enthusiastic worker seemed to be bored and dull.  One evening as the family was gathered around the table, Summer threw a wish to see some of the famous art galleries of the world.

Of course,this was right down Justin's alley and he began to think of ways to fulfill that wish.  He'd had a wish to travel to China, and Aurora had long wanted to go back and do some more sight seeing and maybe do a challenge or two.  After they talked things over with Winter, and found she too wanted to travel, they all decided it was vacation thyme!  The paparazzi had been hounding their heels the minute they stepped out of their compound, (they had had to really enclose everything and lock it all up to keep them out!), and they hoped that maybe they would be able to get away from all that in Shang Simla.  It was in a pretty remote, mountainous area and kind of backward so maybe they would be free to just be themselves there.

Winter was sitting down to a fine meal of Ambrosia when she realized they had to pack a bit more carefully than usual.  What if they ran out of ingredients in Shang Simla and couldn't get more?

Of course, she could always fish for death fish there somewhere, surely, but what about Life Fruit?  (She was really looking forward to some Fishing Thyme!)  The first thing she and Aurora did was head out to the garden to make sure they would be well supplied for cooking and ambrosia making.

Meanwhile, Justin continued to work on three portraits of Summer.  He just wasn't happy with his chances of getting a masterpiece first try.  The sculpture was already in the museum and he wanted the best portrait he could paint for her, his only child.  Summer, on the other hand, did her school work, practiced her guitar and made sure her various outfits were perfect for the trip! 

The day finally arrived and off they went.  Winter had brought her favorite vehicle and Justin, deciding to be bold, made sure a fine motorcycle would be waiting there for him.  No more of this running around getting exhausted.  He wanted to feel the wind in his hair!  The first day there Justin tried taking several photos of the area.  He wanted family photos of them arriving at base camp but he just couldn't seem to get them all together for a good shot.  Aurora immediately ran off into town to buy supplies and Summer whipped out her guitar and began to perform for.....no one at all!  The adventurers were all off sight seeing.  They spent the first night there in base camp while Justin completed a left over challenge.  He only needed a few more visa points before they could buy their first vacation home.  Everyone was pretty excited about the whole thing. 

Later that evening as her parents were out busy doing small adventures, Summer confided to her grandmother that she was really seriously thinking about a career in Law Enforcement.  This was a huge puzzlement to Winter as none of Summer's obvious traits led to that kind of career!  Whatever was she thinking? 

"Really?  You really want to be in Law Enforcement?  Well, that is certainly an honorable profession and full of adventure to be sure."

"Yes, it's really quite an exciting career path!  We had an officer come to school today to give a lecture on the field.  You know how different people come to talk to us about different jobs so we have an idea what to choose when we age up, right?"

"Oh, yes.  I remember that from my school days.  Don't you need quite a bit of logical thinking and athletic abilities for that career though?  You are so slender I'm not sure the physical part would be good for you."

"I can build up my strength and stamina here in Shang Simla and I can also take martial arts.  I don't think the athletic part will be a problem.  And you know my logic skills are fairly good at the moment and I can certainly build them up as well."

"Hmmm, well, you're right about that for sure.  I thought the pay scale was pretty poor though?"

"Yes, it's not great pay, but just think, we have more than enough money for the entire dynasty to live on forever with more coming in every week just from places we've bought and will buy in the future.  Besides, it's a really great community service.  I'd go around making sure people were safe, make catch a burglar or two.  Those kleptos better watch out with me on the job!"

(Winter gulps and hides her face in her food.  Summer doesn't know she in one of those kleptos!)

"Very admirable of you darling.  You do understand though that vacations are few and far between?  You would have to be on the job at least 5 days a week, every week.  This could very well be your one and only and last trip to Shang Simla!  As for me, I find my adventure in my garden!  The challenge of getting each plant to perfection!  The joy in watching them grow and produce fruit and veggies for our family!  Even some of the stranger plants in my private plot are exciting to me!"

"Ewwww!  Dirt under my fingernails?!!! I'd have to get a manicure daily!  Not to mention I'd get my clothes all nasty!  Ewwww.  I'm sure there are also BUGS!  YUCK!  But, you did raise some good points about the police department.  I do love to travel.  I guess I'll just have to think more about it.  There's plenty of thyme before I have to decide anyway."

The next morning they heard the good news!  Justin had found the perfect place for a vacation home for them.  A PALACE!  He figured, why not?  They certainly could afford it and it would keep the gals busy decorating and such!  He showed them a photo he took of the place.  It was magnificent!  Better yet, it needed SO MUCH WORK!  The girls immediately sat down to plot and plan what they would do with and Justin, with a rather smug look on his face, toddled off to do some touring.

Unfortunately no one thought to take photos of the work in progress or the places they saw and the adventures they had.  Oh, Justin took a few photos in the various tombs and such but he can't figure out how to post those.  So the family headed home, happy and satisfied and much more relaxed than they had been in a long time.

----------
My No Buy Story

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #217 on: December 11, 2010, 04:44:25 PM »
Awesome update!  ;D

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #218 on: December 11, 2010, 04:50:48 PM »
Dear Diary!  I am soooooo excited!  I found some of our Shang Simla photos!  Wait till you see what we did with that palace and I have so much new to share as well!  

First of all, you know how the relationship between Summer and Aurora was pretty rocky to say the least?  Well, Shang Simla and having to work together to make this palace a dream come true has finally brought them together.  Actually it was the many, many evenings together with all of us jamming away.  Summer never knew Aurora could play a mean jazz piano and Aurora never knew her daughter was such a talented musician either!  Phew!  I had been so worried.  At first they couldn't even talk to each other face to face.  Ok, wait.  I'm getting ahead of myself.  Here are some of the house make overs first.

This is the almost finished exterior of the palace.  I got rid of all that horrible, dull grey just by a good steam, power washing and a bit of paint on the trim.  I added a few plants and voila!  Oh, are the topiary dragons Justin sculpted visible?  Maybe next time.

Note that small roof line in the lower left hand corner of the picture?  That houses the stairs to the basement.  YES!  We put in a basement!  Not that this place needed any more rooms, and the basement is still very unfinished at the moment.  Of course, it wasn't our first priority!  Aurora saw to the renovation of the kitchen and dining areas.  I think she did a really fine job of it!

The new, light blue shades on the existing counters and cupboards, and the change in wall paper certainly brightened the place up!  She kept the design of the floor tiles but changed the color of them and added stools and modern appliances so this became quite the gourmet kitchen not to mention a place to grab a quick bite .  Note the powder rooms under the stairs!  She took that one huge and inefficient, not to mention ugly, powder room, turned it into two powder rooms, each one accessible from the side of the stairs they were under.  So no having to run all the way around the stairs or up the stairs just to go pee and wash your hands!  I love the touches of new wall paper she used every so often in the dining room and the new chairs and table are very feng sui!  She even added some really nice plants and a water feature you can't see in the photo.  Just a small fountain.  Our dining room became a place to eat and enjoy each other's company in peace and harmony.

The living room was mostly my domain.  First of all I got rid of the hideous furniture and had ALL the floors in the house refinished.  They all looked like they hadn't been scrubbed in eons!  Poor Aurora kept running around trying to clean things!  I decided that since this was a vacation home, we'd have a tv in the main living area but we'd also make it a music room.  My plan was to bring the family closer together through music and it worked!  In this picture Aurora had excused herself to go make dinner so she isn't in this one.

Justin set about doing his studio.  He wanted a place all his own away from everybody where he could paint all night if he wanted to or bang away sculpting without disturbing us.  The upper level of the house was pretty barren and empty so built a small studio and a bathroom and left plenty of room for later renovations as more family members came along.

His sanctum sanctorum needs a bit more work but I thought he did a great job.  Small, but efficient.

You may have noticed the long, white looking area by his studio.  More on that later.  Thyme to see our bedrooms and the room where Summer and Aurora do their  writing.  That room is still not quite finished.  They insisted on each having their own colors for their writing space.  sigh

Ok, looks like I just can't wait any longer to tell you about the verandahs.  When we arrived at the palace and walked around the grounds we saw there was a magnificent view of two waterfalls behind and to each side of the property, with a roaring river flowing down below us.  Unfortunately, the view from inside the house was less than wonderful.  You really had to crane your neck to look out the small windows, which we did not want to replace so as to not ruin the design of the palace.  My idea was to use pillars to raise up two levels of verandahs which would be available for viewing from the general living area, doors out in the dining room and living room, and from the bedroom areas.  You can see Justin has already set up an easel and a telescope for better viewing.  Sigh!  I could just stay here forever!  We've yet to furnish that space but just standing there in a quiet time brings so much peace to your heart.

My suite is to the left in the full floor view.  The grey area in the bathroom is not unfinished.  It is just how the full mirror wall showed up.

Here's a closer view.  Smaller than our house in Riverview, but still lovely and very comfortably me.

Here's a better view of one of the verandahs.

And the lower level one.

That pond was perfect for our needs so I stocked it well with the death fish I'd brought along.  They would have a much happier home here and we'd have one major ingredient for ambrosia for as long as we wanted.  The next need was for life fruit.  So right next to the basement stairs Aurora and I planted a small garden.  Not like our huge home one but plenty big enough for our needs.

Aurora and Justin's suite:

I'm not sure I like that shocking pink and green but they are happy with it.

Summer's suite:

There were a few changes made after this shot was taken, but nothing major.  Her room is the least oriental looking but still very feng sui.

Remember I had said we put in a basement?  Here are some shots of that.  Remember, this area is definitely a work in progress, but we ran out of vacation time between remodeling, challenges, and practicing skills.

*yawns*   Mmm.  I'm getting pretty sleepy so I guess I'll finish the story a bit later.  Let me leave you with this shot though.  It is most precious to me.

Getting to know you......

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Esther1981

• Watcher
« Reply #219 on: December 11, 2010, 05:20:04 PM »
Nice palace Joria! Awesome redecorating!

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #220 on: December 11, 2010, 05:22:00 PM »
Thank you.  Unfortunately, I was having so much fun doing stuff in Shang Simla I hardly took any screenies!  Me!  The screenie queen. lol

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
« Reply #221 on: December 11, 2010, 06:03:30 PM »
It's a beautiful vacation home Joria! And having two colours in the writing room works well, in my opinion.
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #222 on: December 11, 2010, 09:03:57 PM »
The palace looks awesome.  I've played it before and my redecorating wasn't nearly as good as yours!  Absolutely love it!  :D
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #223 on: December 11, 2010, 11:18:30 PM »
Thank you, Pam.  Coming from you with your fabulous interior design that is high praise indeed.  I can hardly wait to get back there, but right now they are in France, and I'm hoping to be able to buy the deserted nectary there.  One more visa level to go!

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #224 on: December 13, 2010, 12:35:16 PM »
*Voice from the future*

Sooooo, my ancestress and many greats removed grandmother thought a trip abroad would fix the problems with Summer and Aurora?  Interesting.  Take away the stress of daily living and perhaps things will improve?  She may have had some bad judgment with this whole dynasty living forever thing but she surely had a good idea there.  Let's see if it worked.

Summer Thyme

So, my Gran decided we'd all take this trip, right?  So she bundles us all off to China where we're supposed to have a vacay and just chill.  Chill?!!!!  Really, Gran?  Remodeling an entire PALACE is "chilling"?  Really?  Ok, ok, so it was fun and we did get to see some cool stuff and my scooter she bought me is awesome and all, but China?  I have to admit though, my room is so awesome and I got to do it all myself!  Way to go, Gran!  At least SHE understood I've got to grow up and make my own decisions.  So I'll make a few mistakes?  So what?  Now if the "rents" would just get off my case about working hard on my skills it wouldn't be so bad.  Like I don't already carry straight A's and am not already on the Dean's List!  I do have to say the hot tub thing was a great idea.  And it did manage to bring us all together to relax and maybe get to know each other better.

I guess her plan worked though.  Because by the time we all came back home Mom and I had really bonded.  All those jam sessions had brought us together as a family.  Remember this one?

That was one of my best memories from that trip!  I guess, what happened, was one day I really looked at my Mom and I realized she was actually getting old.  Dad never seemed to age a day and was always good looking, but Mom, as pretty as she was, was starting to slow down and actually aging.  I knew that one day I wouldn't see her again.  She'd be lost to me forever and all the wisdom she might have and all the things she could teach me would be gone and I'd be left alone with my mother to be there when I needed her.  Gran and Daddy just seemed ageless, like they would live forever, but not Mom.  I wonder why?  Anyway, I decided maybe I needed a little bit of "grow up" as they were often saying and I made a real effort to get to know her.  You know what?  She's actually pretty cool.  You should see all the certificates she's gotten for her accomplishments!  They come in the mail regularly, though she doesn't seem to keep them  Wonder where they went?  Anyways, here's a photo of us when we got back home.  I think you'll see everything is just fine now.  Now she's my Mom, but she's also my best friend.

----------
My No Buy Story

anything