Author Topic: All the Thyme Family  (Read 131349 times)

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
Re: All the Thyme Family
« Reply #150 on: November 17, 2010, 07:53:55 PM »
Noooooo!  :'( I love this Dynasty, and I don't want it too end! I really hope it gets fixed, Joria.
Formerly Simstar3

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #151 on: November 17, 2010, 08:01:38 PM »
WOOO HOOO!  I did it!!!  I rescued Winter Thyme and her legacy.  There was a file I missed.  One other game I couldn't find but I don't care about it.  I wasn't far into it and it was a learning thing anyway.  Phew!  You have no idea how relieved I am.  Ok, maybe you do Simstar since you've been having similar problems.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ladydragon76

• Townie
« Reply #152 on: November 17, 2010, 08:03:04 PM »
Yay!  I'm glad you got it fixed!  I'm really enjoying your storytelling.

*hugz!*
-LD
I reject your reality, and substitute my own!

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #153 on: November 17, 2010, 08:03:50 PM »
WOOO HOOO!  I did it!!!  I rescued Winter Thyme and her legacy.  There was a file I missed.  One other game I couldn't find but I don't care about it.  I wasn't far into it and it was a learning thing anyway.  Phew!  You have no idea how relieved I am.  Ok, maybe you do Simstar since you've been having similar problems.
Yaaaaaaaaayz! Both our problems are fixed! ;D
Formerly Simstar3

helen

« Reply #154 on: November 18, 2010, 02:39:58 AM »

I am so glad. I love your legacy, so sad and so romantic at the same time.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #155 on: November 18, 2010, 02:58:38 AM »
Phew thank goodness for that.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #156 on: November 18, 2010, 05:14:02 AM »
I'm sure that some electrical storm happend as all I can hear about last few days are technical problems with electrical/electronic equipment. Glad yours is solved! Looking forward to read more about Thyme Family!
BTW I wasn't sure did you decide to do a dynasty of legacy, and was wondering about strategy you've played so far, but now you made it clear for me :D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #157 on: November 18, 2010, 03:30:20 PM »
Dear Diary, things seem to have settled down into somewhat of a routine now.  We all take turns holding, cuddling and caring for Summer, and I am taking life a bit easier and spending more time with Cameron.  He and I have quite a contest going on!

Sometimes he wins, and sometimes I win.  It's a fun way to spend an evening after work and keeps both of us out of the garden.  I think I just spend too much time there, but I do love it so.  Cameron only loves the sprinkler part but he tends the garden carefully because he knows how much it means to me.  He is so sweet about getting rid of the dead plants before I see them so I don't freak out and grieve over them.

Aurora is spending more and more time at her computer writing.  She is becoming quite the well known writer now and has several books on the best seller list.  We're getting quite a huge library of reading material thanks to her, and I must admit she really is GOOD at it.  I just wish she was as good at taking care of Summer.  She seems to distance herself from the baby as much as she can.  One evening, when she was once again at her pc.......

It was quite a shock to her.  She had only just become a mom and really wasn't ready to slip into full adult hood.  It meant the beginning of the end for sure. She had things to do, places to go, accomplishments to deal with, and of course, there was the baby.

She was pretty hungry after that.  Between spending hours writing and  Justin asking about dinner, she had forgotten to eat.  Now it came back to her.  One of her challenges was achieving her goal of 5 Star Chef!  So off to the kitchen she went.  Now, I ask you; do these snap shots seem to have a bit of deja vu about them?  Look at the rather smug look on her face.  Was she thinking one day she'd be at my level and could then sneak into the kitchen and make that secret recipe that kept me alive and young looking?

Let's think positively and say, she was just focusing on that next level of cooking skill.  She surely did spend a lot of time fixing meals for us all to enjoy!  I really can't think harshly of her.  She has brought so much joy to Justin's life.  He even completed a portrait or two of her for the hidden spouse's gallery.  I guess he loves her as much as I loved Jon.

Time for another rousing game with Cam!  I'll write more later my dear friend, my diary.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #158 on: November 18, 2010, 04:24:59 PM »
Its a shame Aurora is distancing herself from Summer she is going to miss out on a lifetime with her daughter.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #159 on: November 18, 2010, 06:21:17 PM »
Distancing from Summer is something I never planned on!  Certainly never expected anyone as sweet as Aurora to do.  I think what she is doing is trying to protect Summer from the pain of Aurora's eventual death but of course, that wouldn't work.  It would just become a different pain and full of regrets all around.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #160 on: November 18, 2010, 06:46:15 PM »
Maybe you should have them spend some quality time together once Summer becomes a toddler?
Formerly Simstar3

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #161 on: November 18, 2010, 08:45:21 PM »
Dear Diary, time has flown by and it makes me wish I had taken more photos of our darling, baby Summer.  Once Aurora had her birthday she actually became somewhat more responsible for Summer's needs but still seemed a bit distant.  Finally the day came for one more milestone in our family.  Summer became a toddler.

We threw the biggest party in town with all kinds of food, beverages and entertainment.  Maybe went too far overboard because everyone seemed more interested in doing their own thing than in celebrating Summer's birthday.

It seems harsh to put the baby down on the cold ground that way, but I remembered from when Justin aged up that this was just part of the mystique.  A ceremony of passage that the child ultimately does on their own without our help.  It seemed so lonely, and even more so when Summer became a child and was totally ignored!

Here's our darling nooboo!  Doesn't she look like her grandpa Jon?  Same hair color and all, though she also looks quite a bit like her mom.

Everyone just left her there, looking a bit bewildered.  She wandered off without anyone even noticing she was gone but was later found playing safely with her new toys in her redesigned room

Once the party was over we had a few repair issues.  Justin tried his best but even though he had a moderate amount of handiness from his inventing, he just couldn't get that sink repaired.

You got to give him credit for trying.  However, he soon called the repair person and went to bed.  It had been a long and exciting day so we were all up for a good night's sleep.  And so am I!  More tomorrow!

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #162 on: November 18, 2010, 09:02:26 PM »
Nice update. :)
Formerly Simstar3

Offline Nilla

• Townie
« Reply #163 on: November 20, 2010, 10:04:44 AM »
Happy birthday Summer! It does strange that they just put the baby on the ground; I miss the Sims 2 baby/toddler interactions sometimes. I haven't had much time to read and comment until now this week so I'm a bit late but I’m happy your technical problems are solved and I loved the baby perspective storytelling you used in the earlier update.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #164 on: November 21, 2010, 03:19:55 PM »
Dear Diary, not much to say at the moment.  Too many things on my mind and too little thyme.  Things have slowed down quite a bit although life with a toddler is always interesting~~!  Unfortunately, I've lost a good many of the photos I took of baby Summer.  It's made me quite sad really, but I do have a few I can share.

As I said, things had slowed down.  Cameron and I were spending more thyme together just playing and having fun.  Here's a serious of photos of he and I playing a great game of shuffleboard.  Note how we each tried to distract each other!  It was hilarious.

Here's me, a bit put out by his antics because I had missed my shot.

Not to be outdone, I started a conversation.....

He, on the other hand, made his shot and then it was my turn to play.

Too bad Cameron!  I won!

It was all in good fun and he won the next round.  No photos of that one! lol

Aurora practiced her cooking a lot and was rapidly rising up in her career.

I spent a good deal of time in the basement practicing transmutation:

And Justin was really in the swing of things about being a daddy.

It was obvious how much Summer loved her da-da!  Yes, he had spent a lot of thyme teaching her to talk, though the baby gurgles and coos were often still there.

and after such a big talk session, it was thyme for Summer to have a bit of a drink while da da went off to do more art work.

Aurora was doing her part as well, and perhaps she was finally easing into being a more caring mother.  Mind you, she didn't really neglect Summer, but it seemed as if she was far away when she was with her, and often would just do the minimum and then walk away leaving her alone to play by herself.

----------
My No Buy Story