Author Topic: All the Thyme Family  (Read 131335 times)

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: All the Thyme Family
« Reply #120 on: November 07, 2010, 02:02:40 PM »
I'm really sorry to hear that your hubby got laid off.  That's a lot of stress, for sure.  What is a NANOWRIMO?

I'm not sure I've got all the words right but it means, National Annual November Original Writing Month.  In the month of November you must write 50,000 words of a book.  The organization has meetings, (which I can't attend but my kid does as she nano's also), prizes, readings of what folks wrote if they want them read, and can even help get you published.  Famous authors send you emails with encouragement and you electronically keep track of how many words you wrote. A, and, and the do not count as words if I remember correctly.  Then, in December you edit what you wrote.  In November no editing is done.  It is pure stream of consciousness writing.  It is open to everyone around the world and costs nothing to do.  What you gain from it is basically a sense of accomplishment, and rarely a published book, plus a lot of comraderie  with people around the world.  There is another nano-er on this forum.  Most people who try do not complete the 50 thousand words in the time allowed but it is still a good exercise.  People like Mercedes Lackey, (who just sent us an email), Tamora Pierce and many, many others are nano writers.  This time around Mercedes encouraged us to do fan fics and to write out stories from mmorpgs or other games we play, (but not for nano), as she often gets her inspiration from that.  Several of her books came from her role playing games!

Edit:  ooops!  Should have read my posts first!  Thanks LD for the correct words for Nano!  Good luck and if you need any encouragement on your writing pm me and I'll give you my email address!

Thanks to all who have commented on my story.  It really is fun and is sloooowly evolving in my head.  I'm at the slow point in game play so like writer's block, it's just something I have to work through.

Anushka laid off means he lost his job.  Since we are both elderly his chances of finding a new one are very slim, but I trust the good Lord will provide.  I am so sorry to hear about your mother.  I am putting her in my prayers for a speedy recovery.  I know how stressful that must be for you.

From the looks of the posts, seems like we must have TONS of nanoers here~~!  No wonder the stories are so good!
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #121 on: November 07, 2010, 03:19:38 PM »
Thyme to move along, dear Diary.  It seems that that dust up with the groupie stood my Cameron in good stead.  Later on that same evening, Justin caught up with him outside the bistro.

"Cam, I think I've been a bit unfair"

"Awww, that's ok Justin.  I totally understand."

"No, really.  I want to apologize for my behaviour.  It's just, well I'd been the center of Mom's attention, and no one can ever measure up to my dad, so it was hard on me to have a new man in the house.  Especially a mortal.   Errrrr, mom DID explain that to you, didn't she?"

"Yeah.  It sucks but I'd rather have a short life time of her love than none at all.  She's quite the lady, you know."

"Yes, I do know, and you seem to know it very well too.  I saw that whole episode with the crazy lady.  You stuck to your guns and never betrayed Mom.  Cam, I just want to say you're ok in my books.  And from now on let's be friends."

"Thanks Justin.  I'd really like that, and it will make your mom really happy as well.  Well, off to read up more on charisma!  See ya later, dude!"

Cameron went on his way to do more studying.  It really did his heart good to know that was one more stress off his and my shoulders!

*Yes.  Goody for you.  But are you going to love him and treat him well or now you've had your ego fix by having a young man fall in love with you, are you just going to use him to tend your garden and leave him alone and lonely?  Voices from the future all want to know!*

Cameron really worked hard at the library and it seemed we had very little time to just be friends and lovers.  I missed him a lot when I was off duty but with such a big legacy on my shoulders it was either working, fishing or gardening with precious little time for love.  Still, we had our moments!  (Ok, you can stop snickering at my dreamy look!)  I really hadn't been paying attention to just how much time was passing, but later that night at the library.......

If it had not been for the Bunch family being there he would have had his birthday unremarked and all alone.  Oh, my dear!  I am SO SORRY I wasn't there to celebrate with you and have a grand party for you!

I must say though, he did age up well!  And lo and behold, even his taste in clothing improved!

Meanwhile, back at the house, Aurora was hard at work writing a book!  She'd heard about this contest, Nanosomething, and decided to give it a try.  She needed something fun to do besides cook, cook, cook, (and garden), and this seemed like a great outlet.  I never knew she had such talent!

Justin meanwhile, had been doing some serious thinking.  He called Aurora away from her pc and told her he hoped she would consider having a child with him now.  He really believed he was ready to settle down and become a father.  And let's face it Diary, he knew it was one of his responsibilities if he was going to carry on the dynasty!  Aurora loved him so much, and had secretly been wishing for a child herself, so she agreed.

"One thing, honey.  Let's leave the weather out of this, ok?"

And on that happy note, I'll leave the couple to their privacy. 

----------
My No Buy Story

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
« Reply #122 on: November 07, 2010, 04:38:34 PM »
It's nice that Cameron and Justin patched things up. :)
Formerly Simstar3

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #123 on: November 07, 2010, 05:25:23 PM »
I think it is nice that the excitement and romance has not gone out of Justin and Auroras relationship and she made such a big effort with her bedtime attire. That hat just screams seduction.
I love reading this Joria it is so well written

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #124 on: November 07, 2010, 11:39:53 PM »
@Joria:

There are no proprietary issues with your story.  It's yours to do with as you wish.  Only the Guide articles are proprietary, so any story here on the Forum is the property of the author.  :)
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #125 on: November 08, 2010, 03:29:05 AM »
Thank you, Pam.  But in the spirit of Nano,  I thought about it and I'd have to write an entirely different story or it's cheating, since so much was already written before November.  I can always pick up with one of the failed legacy stories since being "legacy legal" in the Nano story wouldn't matter.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #126 on: November 08, 2010, 08:57:06 PM »
I like that Cameron aged up well.  It's nice when that happens.  In my game, they mostly look pretty decrepit when they get old. 

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #127 on: November 09, 2010, 12:20:44 PM »
Dear Diary,  I'm going to be a grandma!!!!  YAYYYY!  It seems talking about the weather may not have been such a bad thing, lol.  I am so excited I could just explode.  I have to admit it, I was so busy with the dynasty that I did not have as much time with Justin while he was little as I should have.  Maybe I'll retire and spend all my time just spoiling the new grandbaby.  I'm pretty sure it's going to be a girl because Aurora spends most of her time eating watermelon, and we all know what that kind of craving does to you!

She takes such delight in it and just can't seem to get enough.

Once again I have to say what a delight she is.  I really don't know why I was so hesitant when Justin told me about her.  I guess family genes don't always pass down to the child because Aurora is so different from the rest of her clan.  She almost never sees or calls them now as they always upset her.  I feel a bit sad for MaryKay as she just won't have the joy of a grandbaby the way I will.  Ok, maybe secretly I'm feeling smug and thinking it's her just deserts for being so evil and mean spirited.

Aurora waited quite some time before she told everyone.  I think she was worried how it would affect her relationships and I know she didn't want to leave work now that she was progressing so nicely.  Or maybe she just was so wrapped up in her writing it slipped her mind?  She has written so many wonderful books now and the royalties just keep pouring in.  She is not only sweet and kind but is definitely helping to fill the pockets of the family bank account!  Anyway, she finally decided to tell everyone, not that we didn't notice she was starting to get a bit plump around the middle!  Strangely enough, the first person she told was Cameron!

"Baby?  Why?  I certainly never wanted any.  I just don't understand the appeal of having someone around who screams and cries and needs tending all the time.  Nope, no babies for me!"

"Oh, I think you'll change your mind really fast when you first hold your first grandchild.  They kind of grow on you.  Here, feel my tummy.  See?  That's the baby moving around.  She wants to hug you."

"Well I'll be darned!  That's one strong baby in there!  Can you feel how hard she kicks?  She?  You mean it's a girl?  How do you know?"

"Well, I don't know for sure but I just have a feeling it will be a little girl.  Either way, boy or girl, this child is special."

"Hello, cutie pie.  What's that you say?  You want out?  You want to play with grandpa? Heheheh."

"Yes, darlin'.  Grandpa will buy you a nice teddy bear for your birthday.  When are you coming out to play?"

"Silly, Cam.  That's something we just have to wait for.  I'm glad you are getting excited about this.  I am too."

"You've told Justin, right?"

"Well, actually, you are the very first person I've told.  I guess I just assumed everyone would figure it out with all the puking and staying home from work and all."

"I'm honored, Aurora.  I guess we mortals have to......oh......you DO know about being a mortal as opposed to being an immortal don't you?"

"Yes.  I've accepted it.  I love my Justin so much and I'd want this special gift for our child as well.  It's ok."

"Excuse me hon.  My phone has been ringing and I really want to spread the good news! ......Hey buddie!  Have you heard?  Yeah!  Me a grandpa.  Go figure!"

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #128 on: November 10, 2010, 03:40:59 AM »
Congratulation grandma! So far I'm shore baby is born, and both mother and baby are fine, and rest of the family is thrilled about new member. It's nice that Cameron has accepted his role as grandfather. Keep it up Joria!

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #129 on: November 10, 2010, 05:52:33 AM »
Yay another new nooboo. I am looking forward to seeing the new arrival

Rachel

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #130 on: November 10, 2010, 02:07:58 PM »
Dear Diary, let's see now, where did I leave off?  Oh, right.  Aurora was expecting!  (I still can't believe I'm going to be a grandma!)

It seems Justin just couldn't believe it either.  He spent day after day listening to the baby  and talking to Aurora's tummy.  He practically measured the baby's growth daily by feeling her tummy.  Aurora was so patient with him.  Me?  I'd have bopped him one a long time ago!  Dude! Leave my belly alone! lol  But she was sweet as usual.

Justin swore up and down the baby actually talked to him and made requests for things like new shoes and teddy bears.

If nothing else, this request for shoes confirmed in my opinion it was going to be a girl!  Boys would think about cars and stuff but girls know what is important!  Hello, Jimmy Chu and Dolce Gabana!

As the days went by, if Justin wasn't bugging Aurora about her tummy he was busy working on achieving his LTW.  He had already mastered painting and SuperMaxed it since he began as a little boy.  Sculpting was close to max as well and began to work on inventing.  He was determined to be a Descendant of Da Vinci.  He'd almost reached every goal and level in his self-employed Painter career so he knew at least this phase of the legacy requirements, along with his owning his properties, was under control.  All he needed to really work on when it came close to elderhood was having his six best friends, and since Aurora and I were already BFFs, getting 4 more was a cinch.

One day, as he was busy working, Aurora was on her way to her computer.  She had a great idea for her latest book but something wasn't quite right.  She was feeling a little.......

Yep.  Labor had started!  She wanted a home birth so immediately went into the nursery where everything was all laid out and ready for the nooboo's birthday.

"OOOOOWWWWW!!   Make it STOP!!! This isn't fun at all!  I don't want to do this!"

"Ok.  Phew.  Thanks.  I really didn't like that at all.  Glad it's over.  Sooooo, where's the baby?"

"AaAaaaaaaaa!  Oh, cripes, not again!  Juuuussssstttttiiiinnnn! "

"Ok, how much more of this do I have to do?  I'm really fed up and tired and it's Justin's turn to do it.  Oh, here he comes now.... finally.  That last one was really tough."

"Oh, oh, oh, oh, ohhhhhh.  Not again!  Jussstttiinnnnn."

"I'm here honey.  What's wrong?  Everything ok?  Why do you look so funny?  Can I listen to your tummy?  I'm sure baby wants to talk to daddy."

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #131 on: November 10, 2010, 03:04:15 PM »
" Talk to tummy?  TALK TO TUMMY??!!!!  Are you INSANE?!!"

"OMG! OMG! OMG!  What's happening?  What can I do?  Who do I call?  Can I rub your back?  What do you need?  How long will this take?  Are you ok?  OMG! OMG! OMG!"

"gggrrrrr.  *You idiot!*  Don't freak out!  I want a cup of tea.  Yeah, that's it.  Tea.  Tea will make this all go away.  Right?"

"Ok, this is a bad dream.  I'm going to be a 5 Star Chef and this is all going to go away.  WHERE IS MY MOTHER IN LAW?!!!  Someone!   Anyone who can help!"

"Ok, hon.  I see you have this totally under control so I'm going to take a little nap now.  Let me know when you're done, ok?  Maybe I can do another portrait of you or something."

"Man!  I'm getting outta here while I can!  Sheesh.  I've never seen her so grouchy.  You'd think she was doing something hard."

"Oh he is SO DEAD!  I am going to.....mmm, never mind.  Family oriented diary.  Keep thoughts to yourself....."

"Uh oh!  This is it!  I think this is really it!"

"NOOOO BOOOO!"

"Introducing, my sweet little, adorable and oh so cute and precious, Summer Thyme!"

"And who's mommy's little precious nooboo den?  mmmm?  Who's the pretty baby?  You are!"

"And when I get your hands on your father he is in SUCH trouble!"

It was a loooong, hard delivery, and being new at it Aurora had some tough times.  I wish I could have gotten there sooner to help her but really, in the long run, it's something we women ultimately do on our own as our bodies fight to release the life we've carried so long.  And THAT was the easy part.  The hard part, raising that child with love, joy, patience and determination for all our lives, that's going to be the hardest, and most joyful and glorious part for us.

With Summer safely birthed, mom introduced her to Justin, and took herself off for a long, relaxing bath before she said some things she would later regret. The next step...introducing Summer to the family.

Edited for profanity, Anushka

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #132 on: November 10, 2010, 03:23:17 PM »
Welcome baby summer, she is such a cute nooboo

Rachel

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #133 on: November 10, 2010, 03:40:25 PM »
Took long enough to get here didn't she?  lol   I think she looks an awful lot like her mother with maybe a bit of her grandfather Jon Lessen thrown into the mix.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #134 on: November 10, 2010, 06:03:32 PM »
She was worth the wait though I am looking forward to seeing her toddler years.

Rachel

anything