Author Topic: CC Magic  (Read 14891 times)

Offline CorruptedBride

• Nooboo
CC Magic
« on: March 19, 2014, 07:24:19 PM »
So who here uses CC Magic?

I was wondering firstly, does CC Magic still install everything to Dccache or is it installed some where else?
(As I'm trying to find out how many GB my installed CC is).

Also, has anyone ever had any problems with it, such as slower game play, frequent crashes and corrupt saves.
Lastly, does it actually make cc take up less space.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
Re: CC Magic.
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2014, 07:39:08 PM »
I'm moving this to the Game Mods board. While CC Magic isn't a mod, that board is the general discussion place for third-party mods/utilities/etc. Hopefully you can get a good answer there. :)
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline CorruptedBride

• Nooboo
Re: CC Magic.
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2014, 08:07:12 PM »
Ok, thank you  :)

Offline NonaMena

• Townie
    • Nona's Sims
Re: CC Magic
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2014, 08:03:50 AM »
Just noticed this topic. Hope the OP is still watching.

I use CC Magic. I even have a tutorial for setting it up: http://nonasims.wordpress.com/2012/06/03/tutorial-getting-started-with-cc-magic/

-- That said: NO, CC Magic does not install  everything in the DCCache. CC Magic content is installed in: Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Cache\Sets
-- CC Magic keeps the original, un-merged packages and sims3packs in Documents\Electronic Arts\CC Magic\Content
-- I have never had any issues with CC Magic causing slow game play, crashes or corrupt saves. That said, if you have installed bad CC or outdated/broken mods through CC Magic, the bad content can cause those issues.
-- Yes, CC Magic compresses the content when it merges the packages. This means your merged packages created by CC Magic will take up less space than the original packages and sims3packs.

Offline fivine

• Goofball
  • Townie
Re: CC Magic
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2016, 10:44:20 AM »
It sounds maybe like a necro but  still i would ask a little more on cc magic if anyone can answer.

Does it check if you put twice the same package? I didn't reach to guess how it works so till now my most reliable way is to prepare all the mods and cc i want to put together (for example i dont know how well he handles the lots sims3packages? in a folder.
Then i put all in the download folder and launch cc magic, and build. If i feel wrong i delete all what cc magic create (content and cache) and do it again. It s the only way i found to be sure to have put all andwith as less double as possible. But it s not that convenient. Checking if you have 2 times the same is pretty not that obvious when you have a lot with custom content included and a separate set, all sometimes in package or in sims3pack... getting really quickly confusing.

For place sure it build a somewhat more efficient and merged package BUT by default the content which stores what you put is on the same harddrive!! which mean it takes almost the double space.... (if you dont transfer it each time or delete it)

anything