Author Topic: The Legacy of Bloodstone Manor 5/30/14 - "Wendi and The Robot"  (Read 58911 times)

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
Re: The Legacy of Bloodstone Manor 5/14/14 - "Growing Pains"
« Reply #120 on: May 16, 2014, 03:55:20 PM »
Children

Joslynn aged up into a child and instantly started throwing herself in athletics, to know one's surprise.

Gavin learned his toddler skills and was taken to an early birthday at the cake.

The three kids were children together for all of about thirty seconds before teenage-hood came unexpectedly for Isabelle.

After maker-overs, the kids headed out to enjoy the spring festival.

Gavin and Joslynn enjoyed wearing themselves out with a raucous came of tag, while Isabelle tried out her skills with the roller-skating ring. Being clumsy, that didn't work out so well. But then not everyone can be athletic like Gavin and Jos, right?

While the kids enjoyed the festival, Samura went into labor. She decided to name the little thorn Ransom--seeing as it felt like he had been holding her womb hostage while he was in there--and lost no time in taking him straight to the cake.

Trouble, he certainly was, but also adorable.

As an evil genius, Ransom made short shrift of his toddler skills, but he still enjoyed pouting about it.

An early birthday brought him to childhood just two days after Gavin.

After a quick makeover, he was soon ready to join the rest of the children in school.

Or at least, in attempting to get in to school. Apparently a certain watcher got a little over-zealous repopulating the town.  ::)

So, to explain the ungodly mess of children waiting to get into the school and my new story progression scheme:

I was having problems with my game crashing, so I decided to uninstall Story Progression and all of the other mods--except for Master Controller + Master Controller Cheats. All I really wanted from Story Progression was for the townies to have kids. Unfortunately, the town was beginning to fill up with clone drones. There were still several original townie descended families, but not as much as I would like, and the ones that did survive, well, let's just say all the really weird looking sims that you didn't want to procreate did so in droves while the nicer looking sims mostly kicked the bucket without leaving any heirs.

My solution? I opened up a fresh copy of Midnight Hollow, saved about 30 or so sims to the bin--mostly homeless sims or townies who had died without reproducing, then opened up my game and added the sims to my town, basically re-seeding the town with Midnight Hollow genetics which had died out. But here's the best part! Master Controller has an "instant baby" function. With a couple of clicks you can make two townies instantly have a nooboo, which shares their genetics and is connected on the family tree just as if it had been created naturally. So basically, I've decided to do my own repopulating using this method once per generation. As you can see, I erm, got a bit carried away. I made so many kids I actually had to add another school to the town so everyone could go!

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
Re: The Legacy of Bloodstone Manor 5/16/14 - "Children"
« Reply #121 on: May 16, 2014, 04:30:34 PM »
Ransom, I love it!  Evil geniuses are some of my favorite sims lol  I lol'ed at the mass of kids lol.  I know exactly how that feels.  I really like Master Controllers "Partner Pollinate" function.  I do that quite often.  It gives a bit more time and they go through a pregnancy.  But it works for any Sim that isn't already pregnant and that at least as a partner (meaning at least boyfriend/girlfriend status).  It can be found under the Intermediate menu.  I highly recommend it!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #122 on: May 16, 2014, 06:49:34 PM »
Still keeping my ship afloat  ;=)
Loved the repopulation issue with the school!  Hilarious!!!

Offline Serenity S.

• Occult
  • Flea market shopper in 3rd generation.
« Reply #123 on: May 17, 2014, 04:05:09 AM »
Actually, the school problem is quite common with Story Progression too. Sometimes it took my teen Sims the whole school day to get inside, and I'm unable to imagine what a disaster it'd be if a meteor will land there...

On other subjects, Ransom did the cutest pout I've ever seen, kicking Nataliya Elysi from the 1st place. If there is going to be a vote of who'll get to produce heirs, I'm now absolutely sure who I'll root for...

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #124 on: May 18, 2014, 07:59:03 PM »

Ransom, I love it!  Evil geniuses are some of my favorite sims lol  I lol'ed at the mass of kids lol.  I know exactly how that feels.  I really like Master Controllers "Partner Pollinate" function.  I do that quite often.  It gives a bit more time and they go through a pregnancy.  But it works for any Sim that isn't already pregnant and that at least as a partner (meaning at least boyfriend/girlfriend status).  It can be found under the Intermediate menu.  I highly recommend it!

Oo, I hadn't noticed that function. Thanks! It's been such a long time since I played with an evil sim, so I figured it was about time to try it out again. It's interesting, though, because Ransom keeps popping bot-related wishes. Does the genius trait make sims want to learn the plumbot building skill?

Still keeping my ship afloat  ;=)
Loved the repopulation issue with the school!  Hilarious!!!

Well, you're lucky then that Gavin and Joslynn paired off. It could've wound up the other way! Although now you've seen all the options, so we'll see if that ship keeps shippin'!  ;)

Actually, the school problem is quite common with Story Progression too. Sometimes it took my teen Sims the whole school day to get inside, and I'm unable to imagine what a disaster it'd be if a meteor will land there...

On other subjects, Ransom did the cutest pout I've ever seen, kicking Nataliya Elysi from the 1st place. If there is going to be a vote of who'll get to produce heirs, I'm now absolutely sure who I'll root for...

Even with two schools, it's still taking kids a long time to get in, but at least now they're going. Before it was so bad they'd cancel the queue and go home; now they're at least getting some educational time. Oh gosh, a meteor there would be awful! So many beautiful townie children! I hadn't even thought of that.

To be fair, all toddlers make that face while learning to talk, it's just a matter of pausing at the right time. Still, I think Ransom was particularly cute--in my, of course, totally unbiased opinion!  :P

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #125 on: May 18, 2014, 08:06:32 PM »
Hormones

Joslynn's birthday rolled around and she aged up into a teen. Not wanting to be left out (or considerably younger than the women they were destined to marry), the boys snuck downstairs early the next morning for a premature birthday.

Gavin and Joslynn instantly recognized their mutual chemistry.

Gavin: "Hey, we're attracted! Score!"

Joslynn: *sobbing* "Oh dear god, why?!"

Okay, okay, so she was really just upset by the recent passing of the family sheepdog, Maya, who was featured only briefly in this story.

So, here we have it, ladies and gents! Our four teenagers, two of whom will inherit the legacy. In order of age:

Isabelle:

Joslynn:

Gavin:

And, last but not least, Ransom:

The teens naturally paired themselves off into teams couples.

Isabelle and Ransom immediately set about to doing their homework. Isabelle was good and studious, and Ransom--while in fact evil and rebellious--was a genius. So although they were driven by completely different motivations, they arrived at the same conclusion.

Gavin and Jos, meanwhile, decided to engage in their favorite past time: catch. Leave it to two athletes to think that pelting each other with a baseball and catching it bare-handed is fun.

Afterwards, Gavin asked Joslynn if they could be best friends forever.

She said yes, and then he couldn't help but wonder if they might could be something more.

But while Gavin and Jos were dilly-dallying around with little flirts, Ransom lost no time in making his move, successfully landing his first smooch.

It was a difficult time to be the mother of two teenage girls, especially seeing as their dates lived in the house with them.

Isabelle: *flirtatiously* "Hey, I've got an idea."

Ransom: *thinking* I hope it involves my rocket!

It was all just a bit much for poor Tris to handle. Although, to be fair, she did promptly get them back by enjoying a make-out session with her husband right in front of them. (Isabelle: "Ew, moooom!")

Speaking of Tris, you may perhaps be wondering what she's been up to. She's been working on fulfilling her lifetime wish to max the social networking skill and have a five star blog. Being a neurotic, perceptive bookworm, Tris seemed like the sort who always be spinning crazy conspiracy theories which she'd use her sleuthing skills to try and bring to light. Of course, no regular newspaper would hire such a person, so she'd have to have her own blog to get the message out. Any way, that's why I chose that wish for her.

In reality, what it actually means that she does is this:

Kissing her husband pops the "gotta blog" moodlet to blog about the art of great kissing.

She then claps her hands and cheers, and she pops another wish to post an update for her blog. And so the whole cycle repeats. It's a tough job, but I suppose somebody's got to do it.  ;) Her husband Joaquin, meanwhile, is pretty much racing against time to see whether he can max the culinary career before Grim finds him.

In closing, Samura takes a job as a stylist, to help the townies of Midnight Hollow stay fashionable.

Here she is giving a makeover to one of Olive Specter's daughters with . . . I forget who. Just one of the many new kids I re-seeded the town with.

Up next, find out more about the teens and get prepared to vote for your favorite couple!

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
Re: The Legacy of Bloodstone Manor 5/18/14 - "Hormones"
« Reply #126 on: May 18, 2014, 08:15:55 PM »
Ack!  A vote!  Dastardly!  lol Man, now I gotta make a decision!  I'm not sure!  Loved that the boys snuck down for an early birthday XD

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #127 on: May 18, 2014, 08:37:47 PM »
Yes!  The couple I was shipping is actually a couple!  That will make voting a whole lot easier.

Offline notjustabook

• Townie
  • I'm Louise but you can just call me Louise
« Reply #128 on: May 19, 2014, 03:09:56 AM »
I only just started reading but I'm so happy to have started right around the time of the voting :D loving your storytelling :)

Offline Rikki8528

• Occult
  • Sims 3 Fan
« Reply #129 on: May 19, 2014, 11:01:27 AM »
I'm shipping Isabelle and Ransom, for sure. It's so cute how they're opposites but do the same things!

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #130 on: May 19, 2014, 05:12:57 PM »
I love that screenshot of everyone milling around outside school in the rain.  It's the first time I've seen a Sim school looking like a real one.  Must be chaos to play, though  :P.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #131 on: May 19, 2014, 05:24:00 PM »
It's been a few chapters since I've commented (oops!), but your picture of all the townie kids gives me a new goal. ;) And a new set of fears when it comes to school time.

Does Ransom have the famed Dojo eye-tilt, or am I seeing things? Regardless, I kind of like Gavin's rounder face better and I don't know why. His indirectness with romance is cute too, and it might make for a better story.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Lysita

• Townie
« Reply #132 on: May 19, 2014, 05:42:55 PM »
It does look like he has the eye tilt. Even though I'm not keen on that hairstyle in general, I think it suits Ransom.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #133 on: May 19, 2014, 06:23:32 PM »
Ack!  A vote!  Dastardly!  lol Man, now I gotta make a decision!  I'm not sure!  Loved that the boys snuck down for an early birthday XD

I know! I barely write anything for months and now all the sudden it's wham, bam, update, and vote time! I was pretty eager for the boys to age up and join the girls in teen-hood. Didn't want there to be too much of age gap and all that.

Yes!  The couple I was shipping is actually a couple!  That will make voting a whole lot easier.

One for Team Gavin + Joslynn! Yeah, you kinda got lucky on that one. I wasn't sure how the couples were going to divvy up the first time you said something about wanting them to be together, but I guess they agreed with you.  :P

I only just started reading but I'm so happy to have started right around the time of the voting :D loving your storytelling :)

Aw, thanks! Glad to see you back on the forum again, by the way. It's been awhile, but I remember you had a legacy in Monte Vista. Glad to see you started a new one!

I love that screenshot of everyone milling around outside school in the rain.  It's the first time I've seen a Sim school looking like a real one.  Must be chaos to play, though  :P.

The kids' grades definitely took a turn for the worse there for a few days. They kept cancelling the queue to go to school because of the over-crowding and would come home to get lectured and put in time out! It took a little fiddling with the placement, but now there are two schools, one on each side of town. It still takes awhile for everyone to get in, but its not too bad.

It's been a few chapters since I've commented (oops!), but your picture of all the townie kids gives me a new goal. ;) And a new set of fears when it comes to school time.

Does Ransom have the famed Dojo eye-tilt, or am I seeing things? Regardless, I kind of like Gavin's rounder face better and I don't know why. His indirectness with romance is cute too, and it might make for a better story.

It's wonderful to be swamped in townie genes, that's for sure! Just put in an extra school on the other side of town--or, you know, just moderate yourself with the instant baby function (unlike me).  ::) Yes, Ransom has the Dojo eye-tilt! He has pretty much all of Samura's features except her nose. Gavin's features are almost all from his dad's side.

It does look like he has the eye tilt. Even though I'm not keen on that hairstyle in general, I think it suits Ransom.

Yup, he does. The hairstyle is pretty hit or miss, but I agree that it works on Ransom. He was a lot easier to dress than Gavin. I think I need to re-work Gavin's color scheme, but it's hard to find what works. The red skin with the maroon hair streaks just sort of clash. Maybe I'll change the hair streaks to red/yellow? Hum.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #134 on: May 19, 2014, 06:24:25 PM »
Competing Couples

Isabelle and Ransom were the absolute epitome of "opposites attract." They really only had one thing in common, and that was their burning red hot passion for each other. Even the love tester agreed, these two maxed the chart.

Their first dinner-and-a-movie date was pretty up and down.

She got offended at something he said, and he got her back by sneaking up on her when her back was turned.

Still, the allure of a few illicit smooches in the back of the theater was too great to resist. In the end, they decided to kiss--if not make up.

By their second date, Ransom had improved his wooing skills considerably. He took her somewhere classy.

Isabelle: "This place is so expensive! How can you possibly afford it?" Isabelle gushed. "I mean, I know you don't have a part-time job."

"Oh," Ransom replied, "I have my ways." And as kleptomaniac, he certainly did.

After an evening of fine dining and dancing, Ransom was back in her good graces again.

And seriously? Ransom cannot stop thinking about rockets every time he's around Isabelle.  ::) I think that about sums up their relationship.

Gavin and Joslynn might not have the red hot passion of a thousand burning suns, but what they lacked in chemistry they made up for in compatibility. The love tester confirmed they were soul mates--and had better never let each other go.

As athletes and natural born performers both, Gavin and Jos shared a common dream to become master acrobats.

They spent most of their time together as dancing partners, learning to master flexibility and coordination.

But when it came to sports, they really weren't picky, just about anything would do. They enjoyed hitting up the gym together for a work out session or a game of basketball.

Joslynn: "Ha, beat ya! Take that."

Highly competitive and the best of friends, these two kept each other on their toes and at the top of their games.

After beating around the bush flirting back and forth for awhile, Joslynn finally decided enough was enough. It was time for smooches, darn it!

Now, when their training schedule can afford it, they also enjoy going out on the town for more traditional type dates.

anything