Author Topic: The Legacy of Bloodstone Manor 5/30/14 - "Wendi and The Robot"  (Read 58912 times)

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
Re: The Legacy of Bloodstone Manor 3/3/14 (Please Re-Vote!)
« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2014, 03:35:14 PM »
I was puzzled by the voting references the other day (blame the flu) but it's all become clear now.  Hmmm... who to choose?  Everette was the rightul owner of the manor but has already had plenty of time in the spotlight;  Rhaven or Vera would certainly make Connor sorry for his crimes;  Samura I, as the matriarch, ought to sort out any problems.  Decisions, decisions...

The new story is bookmarked, by the way :).

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2014, 09:29:53 PM »
Teens

Years passed, seasons changed, and toddlers turned into children, who eventually grew into teens.

Trevor and Maxwell were like two sides of the same coin.

Trevor was fair and good, with as brilliant a mind as they come.

Maxwell, on the other hand, was drawn to all things as dark as his ebony hair. Oh, and he was pernicious flirt. He promptly acquired a set of fake vampire fangs which he insisted on wearing, longing for the day when they could become real ones.

Narice and Garret were drawn together by a mutual hot-headed love of adventure.

It also probably helped that while Narice loved canines . . .

Garret hoped to become one. He spent his time making sure his physical prowess would grant him the strength he would need to run with the pack.

Tris was the only one without a twin and, consequently, often found herself rather lonely. As a girl, she spent hours cooped up in the mansion's rather expansive library or just wandering its seemingly endless halls.

She often had the feeling that she was being watched, although her older siblings attributed this feeling to her paranoia rather than her perceptiveness.

Even as she grew older, she continued to insist that "the house was haunted--really!" But no one ever put any stock in her warning.

Oh, the drama of being so alone and so unbelieved!

Last of all, were Lilly and Sasha. They had nothing in common, really. Instead their bond was more that of protector and protected.

Lilly was, after all, rather innocent. She was far too gullible and far too easy to impress. Clueless, excitable, but lovable--that was Lilly.

Sasha couldn't help but feel the need to 'big-sister' her, even though they were the same age. After all, she had far more confidence and often felt the need to pave the way for her more hapless sister.

Ever since the day they first sang karaoke together, she knew she wanted to live it large on the big stage.

Obviously, our Dojo would need to pick at least one to ally with. Ghostly sorts need a little help returning to the flesh, after all.

But which one to choose?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Hallucination

• Occult
  • Resident Legacy Addict
Re: The Legacy of Bloodstone Manor 3/11/14
« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2014, 09:44:38 PM »
I personally like Tris and Narice, but I think any one of them could have an interesting storyline. Does the dog have a name?
I'm not pedantic! I just believe in precision of language.

Green Witch Legacy

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
Re: The Legacy of Bloodstone Manor 3/11/14
« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2014, 09:44:54 PM »
Pick an O'Reily

Vote here.

Trevor:

Maxwell:

Narice:

Garret:

Tris:

Lilly:

Sasha:

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
Re: The Legacy of Bloodstone Manor 3/11/14 (More Voting!)
« Reply #34 on: March 11, 2014, 10:39:57 PM »
Rhoxi, your poll link leads to the poll of which Dojo we want to return.

I'm pretty partial towards Tris and Sasha.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #35 on: March 11, 2014, 10:54:23 PM »
I agree with Trip on this one.  Though I think I'm sticking with Tris in particular.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #36 on: March 11, 2014, 11:22:03 PM »

Whoops! This is what I get for suddenly needing to finish up an update in a hurry. The link is now fixed to the proper one. Sorry about that!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Mizzilee

• Townie
  • Mistress of Pumpkins
« Reply #37 on: March 12, 2014, 04:10:42 AM »
At some point, I will go back and read the original Dojo legacy, but when I stumbled across this, it was 4am and waaay to late for me to catch up on 40+ pages of a dynasty. I am curious about this ghost though! Can't wait to see who it turns out to be.

I voted, but I wish I could meld the two I was torn between into one, because it was almost impossible to pick XD
"In this town we call home, everyone hail to the pumpkin song"

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #38 on: March 12, 2014, 07:43:21 AM »
I went Tris.  It wasn't even close.  s soon as I read that she was the loner child in the library, I was Team Tris :=)

Offline Serenity S.

• Occult
  • Flea market shopper in 3rd generation.
« Reply #39 on: March 12, 2014, 10:57:10 AM »
Hard pick, but I eventually did it. That was so hard just because I am a writer myself (just never got over my extreme shyness about my own works of words enough to put them anywhere except in notebooks) and I know these are all characters of great potential. Voted Tris, 'cause she is the lonely one, and probably the only one who can feel the presence of the mystery ghost. Also, she reminds me of myself when I was nine and we lived close to a library I liked to spend time in.

Offline Sherry

• A stressful student mostly. A 0,01% nice
  • Immortal
« Reply #40 on: March 12, 2014, 11:48:39 AM »
Hmm... Hard pick between Lilly and Tris.
BTW, how long does the poll run? Tell us the result when it's done please  :)
You want to see a miracle? be the miracle - Bruce Almighty 'God'
Everybody Lies - Gregory House

My current Goth project Goth Affairs
A Blood Red Dynasty My first try in dynasty

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #41 on: March 13, 2014, 07:39:21 PM »
The new story is bookmarked, by the way :).

Excellent! And thank you.

I personally like Tris and Narice, but I think any one of them could have an interesting storyline. Does the dog have a name?

Oh, yeah! The dog's name is Maya. She's a giant fluffy sheepdog.

I voted, but I wish I could meld the two I was torn between into one, because it was almost impossible to pick XD

I felt the same way! Which is . . . why I left it to you guys. Heh! Seriously, all seven kids turned out gorgeous, in my opinion. It was too hard to choose an heir. Plus, voting is fun and stuff, right?

I went Tris.  It wasn't even close.  s soon as I read that she was the loner child in the library, I was Team Tris :=)

Hard pick, but I eventually did it. That was so hard just because I am a writer myself (just never got over my extreme shyness about my own works of words enough to put them anywhere except in notebooks) and I know these are all characters of great potential. Voted Tris, 'cause she is the lonely one, and probably the only one who can feel the presence of the mystery ghost. Also, she reminds me of myself when I was nine and we lived close to a library I liked to spend time in.

I'm pretty partial towards Tris and Sasha.

I agree with Trip on this one.  Though I think I'm sticking with Tris in particular.

Hmm... Hard pick between Lilly and Tris.

So many on board for Team Tris, I see! I'm a little surprised the support is so overwhelming. I am very happy with how she turned out, though, getting a carbon copy of her father's facial features. I spent a long time in CAS making Connor, and swapping him back and forth between being male and female to tweak the features so they'd look good for both genders. In short, Connor (and hence Tris) makes a very pretty woman.  ;D

BTW, how long does the poll run? Tell us the result when it's done please  :)

Strangely enough, SurveyMonkey doesn't seem to have an option to make a pre-set end time. So, I guess the ending is when the votes stop trickling in or I decide to post the update which makes the decision . . . which is, um, now!

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #42 on: March 13, 2014, 07:39:40 PM »
The Return

Deep within the mausoleum of Bloodstone Manor, the urn began to rattle.

A wind swept through the corridor, flaring up the torches and casting strange colors on the walls. The room chilled, and a strange mist filled the air.

The mist swirled, gathering together, and coalesced in the center of the mausoleum . . .

Tris woke suddenly in the middle of the night.

Her feet began to move, guiding her towards a room on the second floor of the manor. The fire was lit in the mantle, even though no one claimed this room as their own.

Her eyes focused on the painting just above it, and an image began to form in her mind.

A dragon--its scales bathed in the light of a blood red sun, its eyes like molten gold. The eyes burned hot and angry. It was coming for them.

The mist took form.

It was here.

Tris collapsed.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
Re: The Legacy of Bloodstone Manor 3/13/14 (More Voting!)
« Reply #43 on: March 13, 2014, 08:00:46 PM »
Oooo!  Awesome "beginning" for Tris and whichever Dojo she will be dealing with!

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
Re: The Legacy of Bloodstone Manor 3/13/14 (More Voting!)
« Reply #44 on: March 13, 2014, 08:13:32 PM »
Poll Results

Both of these are sort of "hinted at" in the prior update (after all--what other Dojo could be described as a dragon with red scales and yellow eyes?  :D), but I figured I'd go ahead and make it explicit and let y'all see how the votes fell!

1. Which Dojo?

Samura (the First) 20% 9
Gwenyth 2.22% 1
Gage 0% 0
Everette 6.67% 3
Percival 11.11% 5
Darcy 4.44% 2
Lilith 11.11% 5
Rhoxi 0% 0
Vera 4.44% 2
Giles 11.11% 5
Devon 8.89% 4
Marissa 0% 0
Jaden 2.22% 1
Weston 0% 0
Rhaven 13.33% 6
Samura (the Second) 4.44% 2

Total   45

Well, you guys want her--you guys get her! Original Samura is back! The votes were split between several favorites, but Samura pulls ahead by three votes. I'm a little surprised that Lilith and Devon each got a fair number, less surprised about Percival, Giles, and Rhaven. I personally voted for Rhaven, but mostly because I thought she and Maxwell would make for an interesting story combo.  ;)

PS: You have no idea how close I was to not even letting Original Samura be in the voting choices. I killed my founder, gosh darn it, and I meant it. It would be too cheaty, I think, for me to bring her back, but I decided it would be okay if that's what readers chose.

2. Which O'Reily?

Trevor 9.09% 2
Maxwell 9.09% 2
Narice 4.55% 1
Garret 4.55% 1
Tris 54.55% 12
Lilly 13.64% 3
Sasha 4.55% 1

Total   22

I probably would've left this poll up a little longer, but support for Tris seemed too overwhelming to beat! Who'd have thought there'd be so much agreement? I didn't bother to cast a vote for this one--I really couldn't make up my mind! I'm pleased with the result though.

Since both candidates are the same gender, this means that their respective children will have to marry. I suspect that Samura will be eating plenty of watermelons, while Tris will be eating plenty of apples. Or maybe I should just let the cards fall how they may? Hum! Decisions, decisions.