Author Topic: Landscaping Advice for Victorian Manor?  (Read 2119 times)

Offline Lytaren

• Llama Wrangler
Landscaping Advice for Victorian Manor?
« on: February 27, 2014, 01:02:47 AM »
Hey All,
I've spent the last week or so on and off working on my Victorian Manor.  I'm thinking about a story to set here, but first I really want to finish the grounds.  I'm not very talented at landscaping, so any advice?  It's on a 5x5 lot, and fairly close to the front of the lot.
Ill post some screenshots of the Manor as it it now.

Exterior

Ground Floor

First Floor

Attic

And a couple interior shots, so you can see what sort of style im building in.

The Music Room

Kitchen

Dining

Scullery

Nursery

Master Suite

Thanks Everyone!

Offline WickedSimmer87

• Occult
Re: Landscaping Advice for Victorian Manor?
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2014, 04:05:00 AM »
The manor looks really good, so was wondering if it could be uploaded on exchange or as shell once you've done your story? :)

I dont have any "good" advice, more like a question. Did you google and looked at pictures? :) I usually do that when building and decorating.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Lytaren

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2014, 06:01:59 AM »
I watch a lot of historical movies and TV, which helps.  I did a little googling, but not much.  It was really hard to build, deciding which rooms to use and such.  I didn't want  it to be as big as it should be, since it would become unplayable with so much decoration.  I may extend up another floor, or put another wing on if I need to.  I was trying to put it up onto the exchange today, but for some reason my launcher isn't letting me log in. I'll try again later.  Or I might have a go at some sort of garden first... :)

Offline intl_incident

• You can call me Indy! :D
  • Occult
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2014, 02:01:52 PM »
If it were me, I would put a driveway of some sort on the front, and a formal garden with a tiled pool or fountain in the back, maybe a small greenhouse/orangerie, or maybe a little Grecian reproduction temple/gazebo, etc.  I would definitely make the landscaping very formal and ornamental, making use of fences, hedges and paths to make geometric shapes, rather than making a cottage style overload of flowers and trees, because this is a big stone mansion rather than a Queen Anne style Victorian.  For example, take a look at the gardens on the Biltmore site.  There are a lot of pictures if you use the arrow at the bottom to scroll through them.

http://www.biltmore.com/visit/biltmore-house-gardens/gardens-grounds

Those are obviously a bit too extensive to reproduce in the space you have on your lot (or on any lot, lol) but they should give you some ideas.

Offline Lytaren

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2014, 04:33:13 PM »
Thanks! I have a few hours today I might have a go at some of those ideas.

anything