Author Topic: Merging two saves: anyone having an experience?  (Read 9211 times)

Offline Mahmeya

• Townie
Merging two saves: anyone having an experience?
« on: February 12, 2014, 09:35:17 AM »
Hello there, I recently created a fresh save (as the other one I play at 5th generation is now quite buggy). What I was thinking about is that I'd save the family (or just some sims) from bigger save to the bin, load the other save, and in edit town, placed them into the city. To actually merge them, I'd then needed to make heirs of the families (furtunately girl in one and boy in the other) meet up and date them, etc...(which is actually the purpose).

It'll take me some time before I actually do this as I'll need to play both saves enough so the heirs are fresh YAs, but I decided to ask enough time before: did anyone of you tried this and have some tips, or any possible reason why it's not good idea? - you never know what will the game surprise you with, not to mention that before the two actually start to live together, one of the families is at mercy of game's weird story progression.

Offline ilafatutoo

• Llama Wrangler
Re: Merging two saves: anyone having an experience?
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2014, 12:12:14 PM »
I've done this before with the 2 sims I am playing now. They were married but also saved to the bins separately before they were married. When I placed them in a new town as unmarried and had them "meet" again, the sim I was controlling immediately got a wish to kiss the other sim. I moved him in quickly as to not allow story progression to take over and him find someone else. It worked out fine, no problems.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Mahmeya

• Townie
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2014, 06:39:47 AM »
Thanks, might be actually good idea to place both families to bin to preserve then for later use and create new one with both of them imported.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2014, 06:44:39 AM »
I haven't done this specifically, but I often save Sims to the bin and then play them in other games.  I especially like to do this with my Dynasty Sims when I'm playing challenges or writing something for the Guide.  I don't think you'll have any trouble as long as you're careful.  :)

Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Mahmeya

• Townie
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2014, 02:28:36 PM »
So, I'm back after I did the merge, and brought a few facts:
Lifetime Happiness points are preserved while saving to bin, that's what I knew, but I was surprised to see them to be still there after the household was managed by deault EA story progression.
Murphy's law works perfectly. Sim I needed to interact with was moving around the town in a way that made it a pain to reach him. Not to mention that when I loaded the save that I wanted to place to bin, I was burgled - which delayed me a bit...
Unicorn the family tamed remained there - that was quite surprise for me. So now there's a NPC household with unicorn.

Default EA story progression still doesn't care about days remaining to age up, and even though the teens (did not waited all the way to YA, I wanted to get them know each other while in high school) were 10 days apart (not much on my 320 days lifespan), she aged up when the boy was 35 days to YA - roughly 20 days than if I played her manually. Probably the most annoying fact that I really hope to be solved in Sims4.

In the end, I did not actually merge 2 saves into one (as the longer one was pretty buggy). I just placed selected members of both families into the bin (move out, place to bin, exit w/no saving), started new game, used one as the family I wanted to play and then placed the other from bin as NPC family when the time was right. I hope that'll remove glitches accumulated by 5 generations of save1 - seems to be successful so far.

anything