Author Topic: Removing some Expansion packs  (Read 7263 times)

Offline Lytaren

• Llama Wrangler
Removing some Expansion packs
« on: February 03, 2014, 06:40:38 PM »
Hi All,
I was thinking that I want to uninstall some of my expansion packs as I don't really use the content from them and it slows my game down.  Is there a way to do this that doesn't involve a complete re install of everything? it just takes so long. I don't really care if my current saves are not playable anymore, there isn't really anything super important there for me at the moment.
If I had to do a complete re install, is there a way to keep my store downloads? as i don't have enough internet data to re download all the worlds and content...

Thanks.

Offline _Annika_

• Immortal
Re: Removing some Expansion packs
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2014, 07:01:12 PM »
I'm not sure if it helps performance, but you can use the sims 3 game selector 3.0 which will disable specific expansion packs which makes it like they are not installed.

As for store content, if you copy your downloads folder, your store content should be in there. Open it up and have a look to make sure. If you do a reinstall, once you have a new sims folder, you can paste the downloads back in there, and then reinstall them.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline LucyVP86

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2014, 03:04:47 AM »
Hi,

I recently created a couple of folders inside my EA folder on the desktop (not the one labeled Sims 3 but the overall folder) and labeled them "purchases" and "exchange".  I copied all my stuff I downloaded from the store into one and all the stuff I downloaded from 3rd parties into the other (these can be found in your "downloads" folder inside the Sims 3 folder on your desktop.  I also have a folder called "extras" where I keep my mods and word docs that I've created with helpful information.

I did all this when I realized that the store and the forum probably won't be around forever due to the new Sims coming out and I didn't want to lose my items.

As far as removing expansion packs go, are you saying you don't have the CDs for them?  I am constantly adding and removing Pets and IP because I don't really like them or need them.  I don't like the things they do to my game.  I have the CDs for them so it's no problem reinstalling them.  I don't have the CD for ITF so I can only downloaded it via Origin.  I'm waiting till it goes on a fire sale to get the CD so I won't have to rely on Origin for downloads.

Back to the folders ---

I recently messed up some of my stuff with custom content....bad content....so I did a factory reset (renamed the Sims 3 folder so the game would start over).  I then went to those two folders I had created and copy/pasted the items I wanted and knew were "safe" into the downloads folder of the new Sims 3 folder.  Then when I started the launcher all I had to do was click on "install" since the items were already "downloaded."

Hope that helps and answers your questions from my own personal experience with removing EPs. 

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2014, 06:00:17 AM »
I'm not sure if it helps performance, but you can use the sims 3 game selector 3.0 which will disable specific expansion packs which makes it like they are not installed.

Do you have a link for this?
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline _Annika_

• Immortal
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2014, 06:05:43 AM »
If it's ok? It's available at Mod The Sims. Metro states this mod is ok for challenges in the General Rules, but it is not linked there.

Offline Lytaren

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2014, 08:40:11 PM »
Thanks for all your suggestions.  I think ill give the game selector a go and see how that goes. :D

Offline grimsoul

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2014, 08:12:45 AM »
Do you have a link for this?

Here's a link for it. Sim Game Selector 3.0
A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

anything