Author Topic: In the "Nix" of Time: A Short Dynasty (9.15.18)  (Read 120089 times)

Online PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
Re: In the "Nix" of Time: A Short Dynasty: NotaFlanagan (10/7/16)
« Reply #345 on: October 07, 2016, 08:14:24 AM »
Oh, good heavens!  Such an excellent update.  The breaking of the third wall with Anastasia knowing she has a different/better spouse awaiting her in a different story added in a lovely bit of Sim/Watcher interaction.  Speaking of interactions, I so loved my sassy princess' interactions with the puddin' face and the non-Flanagan.  She is a delight!  In real game time, I've got Queenie close to marriage and move out, so I'll know soon if I finally have a male heir to provide a suitable suitor  ;=)
You have such a great gift for catching great facial expressions on your Sims! 

Offline Nienor

• Still working on the history chapter...
  • Llama Wrangler
« Reply #346 on: October 07, 2016, 01:42:38 PM »
Anastasia is so pretty! (Although naturally Arietty surpasses her, it's quite close, especially after that last picture!). Although, I do have to say that I fear for the next generation with... the NotaFlanagan, with an unknown name that even I don't care about! Honestly, I'd go for pudding face, at least he has the Dolan hair. Either way though, Anastasia is stuffed - an ugly child or lots of them? Quin is as cute as ever, of course.  :)
If you're bored, try my Perfect Genetics Legacy thingy.
Deidre McMillan's (DV Maid) Perfect Genetics Dynasty
If you're not, go and read the Silmarillion, until you are bored, then read my story.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
« Reply #347 on: October 07, 2016, 03:25:24 PM »
Oh, good heavens!  Such an excellent update.  The breaking of the third wall with Anastasia knowing she has a different/better spouse awaiting her in a different story added in a lovely bit of Sim/Watcher interaction.  Speaking of interactions, I so loved my sassy princess' interactions with the puddin' face and the non-Flanagan.  She is a delight!  In real game time, I've got Queenie close to marriage and move out, so I'll know soon if I finally have a male heir to provide a suitable suitor  ;=)
You have such a great gift for catching great facial expressions on your Sims! 

I was hoping you would like it! Though of course - no pressure to do anything with her. XD I just feel bad she's getting shafted in the hubby department here. She's just holding out and hoping for a brighter future. I just love her facial expressions - Anastasia does them all by herself. I find the Sims are so expressive and it cracks me up. Yolanda has a very stern face, so does Anastasia, so they tend to make really stern gestures.
Thank you kindly for your wonderful words! Anastasia ages up in game at midnight on the day I left them, so I'm excited to hurry up and get her life moving (and move Sterling in for Sheera since Echo is so stuck to her life right now).
But... alas, NotaFlanagan (whose name I checked this morning is actually Trever, and the pudding faced boys name is Matt... doesn't mean I'll ever actually use those names... ::) ) is younger than her, so she'll be stuck waiting on him. This also means no rabbit-hole careers for her. Thank goodness her LTW was skill related.

Anastasia is so pretty! (Although naturally Arietty surpasses her, it's quite close, especially after that last picture!). Although, I do have to say that I fear for the next generation with... the NotaFlanagan, with an unknown name that even I don't care about! Honestly, I'd go for pudding face, at least he has the Dolan hair. Either way though, Anastasia is stuffed - an ugly child or lots of them? Quin is as cute as ever, of course.  :)
Anastasia absolutely cracks me up with her facial expressions. She looks so happy to be holding NotaFlanagan's hand. ;)
His name is actually Trever (I looked it up this morning). Trever Gallgher-Ivey. Believe it or not, pudding face boy is an Eames, but I can't find him on the tree at all (and I've got quite a few Eames mixed into my line). Matt Eames.
Not that I'll ever use their names. ::) Arietty is gorgeous as always - especially that face. I just saw that I had a picture of that and I was like "what is this even for...? Ah well. It's going up!"
We've got a full house, so it's NotaFlanagan who wins the gal. We can't afford many children because Anastasia is going to be older than either boy so that means she's already going to be a few days short... and then on top of it all I've got Dagan, Yolanda, Quinn, Sheera, Sterling, Anastasia and Hubby coming in the future house, which means only room for one baby. No chance I'm risking pudding face genes and plain skin (non-heir) on that one spot!
I'd have to move Quinn out and that's not happening. Sheera and Sterling I suppose I could, but I worry for their relationship with Ms. Mean Spirited insulting him all the time without someone to manage her...Anywho! I've got enough pictures for another chapter since I played a little bit this morning.
(Gasp, you did something other than write? Yes. Yes I did!)

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
Re: In the "Nix" of Time: A Short Dynasty: Quinn the Genius (10/7/16)
« Reply #348 on: October 07, 2016, 04:30:47 PM »
Chapter 81: Quinn the Genius
We start this chapter out with Quinn - a good omen, right?

Being adorable on his little xylophone.
His momma Sheera is so close to achieving her lifetime wish she can almost taste it.

Dagan is busy painting away on his easel.

Yolanda went to work to bag her level 7 promotion. The triplets are at school.
Echo has officially been put on Quinn-duty. I figure this way I can keep her busy but not have to micromanage her like I did while she was at the library. Quinn finished his xylophone skill and moved on to the peg box in an adorable fashion.

This boy is too much.

Incoming Quinn spam!

As I was doing this immense amount of adorable spam... I noticed something rather frustrating. It seems Echo has gone senile in her old age... and poor Quinn is suffering for it.

Did she point for the circle block to go into the triangle hole?
Monkey-see, monkey-do.

"It no fit grandma!"

How is this teaching him logic faster?
"Try this one."

Echo, that's the square hole...
"Forget you, grandma, I got dis."

Thank goodness Quinn is a smart boy all on his own.

"And I'm cute too!"
Yes, Quinn, you're very cute... and very self-aware, it seems.
Look at his happy clap when he gets one right!

Oh oh! Oh no! I missed it! Drat.

At least I got the subsequential wish to Max the Alchemy Skill... Congratulations Sheera on your Lifetime Wish!
"It's ok, have you seen my son? He's pretty stinking cute."
Takes after his momma.

Yolanda got her level 7 promotion to Mayor. She's got two more work days this week (assuming the work schedule doesn't change again with her next promotion) and then 3 days off in a row. She turns into an Elder tomorrow and with 3 more promotions to go she's making me nervous. She'll still get a large tombstone, but I want her to max her career and her lifetime wish.

I send her to the library to go wrestle out some campaign funds when guess who I run into?

Tell me Foxglove isn't the best mommy ever?
Sheera: "Hey!"
Since when do you ever take Quinn on walks in a stroller?
Sheera: "Since you never bought us one."
Right. Forgot about that. Everyone walks SO slowly with it...

So that's pretty much all I have today. The triplets got on the honor roll and their birthday is coming up in the next chapter. My game is starting to chug a wee bit more now so there's no chance of them traveling at all. Honestly I'm ready to buckle down and work towards the finish line! Woo! Thanks for reading! =)

Online PeregrineTook

• Watcher
« Reply #349 on: October 07, 2016, 07:22:56 PM »
Oh goodness, the peg box sequence was lovely!
Can't wait to see my darling princess all grown up!!!!!

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #350 on: October 07, 2016, 08:44:33 PM »
Today's updates are maybe the best ever! The make over helps notaflanagan...maybe. I tried squinting, but I couldn't read. Perhaps distant shots?

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
« Reply #351 on: October 07, 2016, 08:49:30 PM »
Oh goodness, the peg box sequence was lovely!
Can't wait to see my darling princess all grown up!!!!!
Thank you! I just was trying to take my dozen-zillion pictures of Quinn when I realized that Echo was pointing to the wrong holes for him to put his blocks into and I started laughing horribly about it. Quinn only ever got it right when Echo didn't assist! XD
I'll hopefully have her all grown up relatively soon! She's gorgeous all grown up. :-X

Today's updates are maybe the best ever! The make over helps notaflanagan...maybe. I tried squinting, but I couldn't read. Perhaps distant shots?
Thank you so much! I'm glad you liked them! I went into CAS with him mostly because I saw his mother and freaked out and thought "well, hopefully he takes after his dad?"
Nope.
Honestly and truly I don't think he's that bad, but then again I'd rather have any sort of unique genetics than a pudding face on my Sims. Not that the pudding face is ugly, but that I'm just so used to everyone having that face that I like something more unique. So for me it was a no brainer to pick NotaFlanagan. XD I love how you described it though. "I tried squinting."
Honestly I cried a little when I realized he was basically my only option, but Anastasia's taking one for the team!
Pray their child takes after their mother/grandmother Yolanda.
I'll stick to taking shots of the back of his head, I think. XD

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #352 on: October 08, 2016, 03:42:23 AM »
Awww, poor Anastasia and the dearth of hot spouse options. Boooo!
Hopefully, all his genes except his rainbow skin will just fade off into the sunset so Anastasia's genes can dominate.

Quinn really has to be the most gorgeous baby I've ever seen. He makes such expressive faces! And that irresistible smile!
Please, please don't move him out!

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
« Reply #353 on: October 08, 2016, 03:49:39 AM »
Awww, poor Anastasia and the dearth of hot spouse options. Boooo!
Hopefully, all his genes except his rainbow skin will just fade off into the sunset so Anastasia's genes can dominate.

Quinn really has to be the most gorgeous baby I've ever seen. He makes such expressive faces! And that irresistible smile!
Please, please don't move him out!
I know, unfortunately for her though we need him. Hopefully she'll at least enjoy some aspects of the relationship.
I'm just really hoping that this next kid is a clone of Anastasia. XD

Quinn is super adorable. I just cannot get over his baby smirk that he did that looked like Quinn Sr. XD
He's staying in this household. I need it. ::)

Offline PJHP1243

• Stands for Percy Jackson-Harry Potter (yes, I know I am a total book nut)
  • Llama Wrangler
« Reply #354 on: October 12, 2016, 09:00:32 AM »
Hi! It took me about two days to read this. <3 the Nixes!
When I saw this picture-
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]
I literally said #Squadgoals. XD I've been spending too much time around my sister...
And QUINN. Wow. I love Quinn! Keep him in the household. We must. Another excitable sim=
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]
This again. Oh, I miss Felix!
stories coming soon... my sims 3 is working again!
I am a pro lurker. If you are reading this right now, I have most likely read your story. Maybe I'll comment. No promises...

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
« Reply #355 on: October 16, 2016, 02:34:04 AM »
Hi! It took me about two days to read this. <3 the Nixes!
When I saw this picture-
I literally said #Squadgoals. XD I've been spending too much time around my sister...
And QUINN. Wow. I love Quinn! Keep him in the household. We must. Another excitable sim=
This again. Oh, I miss Felix!
Right? I need that in my game. #Squadgoals.
The Nixes are just a funny family of mine. I love them so much, but I'm ready to kick this challenge in the bum and be done with it. The game is starting to lag more and it doesn't help that I use so much. CC...
Quinn is amazing, just wait till you see him all decked out as a child. I went all out. XD
Felix is well missed, especially by Echo, who still won't die.
Thank you so much for the lovely comment!

Anyways, I'm too tired to write the update now, but it's official, Gen 7 is on the way, but I had to throw in a surprise twist because Anastasia demanded it. Oh, and here's for you @PeregrineTook:

She gained Great Kisser to add to her wonderful set of traits (Evil, Grumpy, Hates the Outdoors, Mean Spirited). By all means, change any of those when/if you have fun with her. XD She's special alright...

Offline PJHP1243

• Stands for Percy Jackson-Harry Potter (yes, I know I am a total book nut)
  • Llama Wrangler
« Reply #356 on: October 16, 2016, 08:21:10 AM »
I know about a sim NOT dying... My sim, Peter, would not die, believe me. I got bored of him and had him drown. He "died of old age and then fell in the pool." Ha. Classic me.

I want CC so bad... My sister thinks it messes up the game even if you install ONE hairstyle. So that means I can't get anything. Argh.
stories coming soon... my sims 3 is working again!
I am a pro lurker. If you are reading this right now, I have most likely read your story. Maybe I'll comment. No promises...

Online PeregrineTook

• Watcher
« Reply #357 on: October 16, 2016, 10:00:16 AM »
My princess is so awesome!!!!!

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
Is this still alive? I hope so... Stussy is so pretty but I prefer Ambi!

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk

because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
« Reply #359 on: March 13, 2017, 01:02:47 PM »
@Magpie2012

It is still alive.

In the process of being transferred, actually.
When I'm done transferring chapters should resume as usual, and I will keep posting here (on this thread) with links to it. Just a little too fond of blogger these days. ::)