Author Topic: New Update Available: 1.15/2.10/3.6/4.3  (Read 6656 times)

Offline NeoFelis

• Occult
  • Must play Sims!
New Update Available: 1.15/2.10/3.6/4.3
« on: September 07, 2010, 05:20:23 AM »
I just saw this:

Game Update for: 1.15/2.10/3.6/4.3
POSTED ON 09/05/10 06:20 PM

This game update includes:

New Features

·         Sims that drive extensively can now develop a relationship with their vehicles.  Vehicles can be named once a friendship is formed.
·         The Vehicle Enthusiast Trait is now available.  Sims with this trait can name their vehicles immediately and develop relationships with them more quickly.

Base Game Updates

·         Fixed an issue where ghosts could become stuck in vehicles under certain conditions. Ghosts will now properly exit vehicles after arriving at their destination.
·         Nameable items can only be named when they belong to the active household.

World Adventures Updates

·         Career titles for Sims visiting Egypt, France and China will now display in the Relationship Panel tooltips.

The Sims 3 Create a World

·         Create a World users need to install a new version of The Sims 3 Create a World Tool.  Users can find the Create a World page from the “Games” drop down in the site header.

The link to it is: http://www.thesims3.com/community/news.html?selMonth=8&selYear=2010#-1123578978

___________________________________________________________________________________________
"Tomorrow's just your future yesterday." Craig Ferguson, Late Late Show theme song.

Offline NeoFelis

• Occult
  • Must play Sims!
Re: New Update Available
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2010, 03:29:21 PM »
I haven't been able to run the Sims 3 today since I installed this last night, and since it was late, I didn't take the usual precautions.  :(  I'm hoping getting the Fast Lane EP will fix this, but we'll see.

___________________________________________________________________________________________
"Tomorrow's just your future yesterday." Craig Ferguson, Late Late Show theme song.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2010, 03:43:41 PM »
Uh Oh I just installed...
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline AriaGirl77

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2010, 03:47:19 PM »
Neo, have you tried entering your launcher again?  Sometimes when a patch is just released you're simply not able to get all of it.  I'm wondering if that's what happened for you. 

Really hoping this doesn't mess up my Dynasty like the last one messed up my Wishmasters.

Offline NeoFelis

• Occult
  • Must play Sims!
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2010, 04:08:12 PM »
Neo, have you tried entering your launcher again?  Sometimes when a patch is just released you're simply not able to get all of it.  I'm wondering if that's what happened for you. 

Really hoping this doesn't mess up my Dynasty like the last one messed up my Wishmasters.

When I open my launcher now, it tells me to upgrade with the Launcher, but the launcher screen stays blank and the buttons are grayed out, except for the 'Play' button which doesn't work. I can't even close it by clicking the X at the top right; I have to CTRL-ALT-DEL and close it that way. I'll go look and see if there's a way to manually download it at the site.

Offline NeoFelis

• Occult
  • Must play Sims!
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2010, 04:11:02 PM »
Uh Oh I just installed...

No need to Uh Oh if it works! Um, does it?

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2010, 04:50:33 PM »
Well luckily it works for me, hope it works for you soon! :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline NeoFelis

• Occult
  • Must play Sims!
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2010, 07:44:19 PM »
Well luckily it works for me, hope it works for you soon! :)

Glad it's working for you; did you get the EP? Mine seems to be working now I got the EP installed. I just haven't tried to load my da Vinci Challenge game yet; that'll be the real test.

Offline TollingBells

• Occult
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2010, 08:41:36 PM »
I've got a problem...My game can't connect to the EA download manager, and it won't install. How do I update the manager?
You don't have to feel like a waste of space
You're original, cannot be replaced
If you only knew, what the future holds
After a hurricane comes a rainbow

-Katy Perry, Fireworks

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2010, 01:43:18 AM »
Glad it's working for you; did you get the EP? Mine seems to be working now I got the EP installed. I just haven't tried to load my da Vinci Challenge game yet; that'll be the real test.

Nope, I haven't got the SP, I don't think it is out in the UK yet.  ;)

Offline wildredchild

• Immortal
  • Meet Sadie :)
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2010, 04:15:41 AM »
I've got a problem...My game can't connect to the EA download manager, and it won't install. How do I update the manager?

Download the EADM here, http://eastore.ea.com/eadm .  That should cure your problem.

Offline NeoFelis

• Occult
  • Must play Sims!
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2010, 07:24:06 PM »
Nope, I haven't got the SP, I don't think it is out in the UK yet.  ;)

I forget about the delay. It seems silly in these days when a 'worldwide' release happens with other products. What drives me crazy is in that on this side of the Pond, you can see ads for new products (food related type things, for example) and never see them in your store. But that's off-topic. It just reminded me of what it must be like, if only a little, when you read about Sims stuff out here that isn't yet available there.

Offline Asleep

• Watcher
Re: New Update Available: 1.15/2.10/3.6/4.3
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2010, 08:02:53 PM »
·         Sims that drive extensively can now develop a relationship with their vehicles.  Vehicles can be named once a friendship is formed.
·         The Vehicle Enthusiast Trait is now available.  Sims with this trait can name their vehicles immediately and develop relationships with them more quickly.
I thought you needed Fast Lane for that.
Formerly Simstar3

Offline samoht04

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2010, 02:06:55 AM »
Sometimes Patches give normal players a teaser at what the EP or SP has to offer and sometimes it works.  ;)

Offline tiff_jewels

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2010, 07:26:53 AM »
I have noticed another change I've yet to see mention.  I have been playing around with the creating of new characters.  The clothing has been moderated to have random colors and patterns.  You still get the same selection of style to click upon but your first random generated outfit is more likely to be unique.