Author Topic: Game suddenly freezing/lagging (I'm technologically challenged)  (Read 9005 times)

Offline Stormi71

• Occult
Re: Game suddenly freezing/lagging (I'm technologically challenged)
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2014, 06:59:48 PM »
How much is a lot, though? There are five in my household, plus an IF, the kids don't have much, but the parents and Simbot have a few things each. I am playing a premade house of one in Monte Vista right now, and that is running fine, and has been going for about ten minutes. I will play that a bit longer to see of if it remains stable. My household that freezes is either second or third generation (can't remember off hand). I will check their inventories and see what I can get rid of. I don't tend to stockpile stuff in there, though.

Thanks!

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2014, 07:03:49 PM »
A lot of stuff is somewhere between 100+ items. This happens fast if the sims is a fisher, gardener or alchemist, not to mention collector.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Stormi71

• Occult
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2014, 07:22:48 PM »
OMG! Thank you soooo much! My Simbot had over 1000 scrap metal in it's inventory! I deleted that and the game immediately unfroze! I'm hoping that was what was doing it.
Thank you so much. I feel a bit silly and like I wasted everyone's time by not checking something as simple as the inventory.

EDIT - it's definitely fixed, have been playing for about an hour and it's playing as new again. Thank you, I'm so happy!

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2014, 11:59:03 PM »
Hi Stormi,

I'm happy a solution was found!! I don't feel you wasted my time. I think of these questions as helpful. It helps me better my searching skill, for a fix for the problem and note any fixes.  And for the person asking for the fix, it fixes their game so it runs better. :)

A win-win in my book. A big Thank you to Saltpastillen, who thought to ask about clearing out some of the family's individual inventories and also to clear out the family inventory of extra items too. Sometimes the simplest things are what fixes the problem.

MrsFlynn
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline Stormi71

• Occult
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2014, 12:22:59 AM »
Well at least I've learnt how to clear out the cache files etc so I can keep it running optimally. I have no idea how my Simbot got so much scrap. He collects from the junkyard, but then generally comes straight home and invents with it, and usually runs out. I'll know to keep an eye on his inventory in the future.

Offline Xion

• Nooboo
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2014, 02:33:37 PM »
Hey, i have seen that your problem has been fixed but i wanted to give you my tip too since it helped me A LOT and i'm technologically challenged too, i don't know if i can talk about this in this forum but i'll risk myself (Hope mods/admins understand and don't punish me), install OverWatch, it's a Nraas mod and it helps a lot since it removes some useless items in your neighborhood and make the game less laggy, just Google up the mod's name and you can see the detailed information.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2014, 04:31:00 PM »
OMG! Thank you soooo much! My Simbot had over 1000 scrap metal in it's inventory! I deleted that and the game immediately unfroze! I'm hoping that was what was doing it.
Thank you so much. I feel a bit silly and like I wasted everyone's time by not checking something as simple as the inventory.

EDIT - it's definitely fixed, have been playing for about an hour and it's playing as new again. Thank you, I'm so happy!

I'm glad this helped :)

I learnt it from someone on this forum  (I think Trip was having similar problems and someone suggested it in her help thread).

I hope you can pay it forward one day by remembering to ask this question when someone is having freeze issues. A lot of things in the inventory can seem as such a harmless thing - but it can make a real difference ;)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

anything