Author Topic: Game Keeps Crashing  (Read 5462 times)

Offline sunshine_2406

• Occult
  • Call me Alice :)
Game Keeps Crashing
« on: January 15, 2014, 09:47:52 AM »
So I'm playing the Perfect Challenge, and my game keeps crashing. I clear my caches before I start every time so I know that's not the problem, and I have never had a problem with crashing before.

I used the Crash Log Analyzer which told me this:

My game is completely updated to the newest patch. Any ideas of what might be causing the crashes?
From the moment I fell down that rabbit hole I've been told what I must do and who I must be. I've been shrunk, stretched, scratched and stuffed into a teapot. I've been accused of being Alice, and of not being Alice, but this is my dream. I'll decide where it goes from here.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Game Keeps Crashing
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2014, 04:45:00 PM »
Hi Sunshine,

You might try installing the super patch to see if that helps. I don't know if there is a new super patch for patch 1.66

Here's what I found by searching -
[FAQ] Current Patch - 1.66 - Manual links and more
http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Current-Patch-1-66-Manual-links-and-more/td-p/67858

If you're one of those who doesn't want to patch to 1.66, you could try this super patch.

Super patch 1.63.5
http://eahelp.ea.com/en/article/the-sims-3-super-patcher/

Hope this helps, :)

MrsFlynn
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline sunshine_2406

• Occult
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2014, 04:48:53 PM »
Thanks Mrs Flynn, I am now patched up to 1.66 from the normal way, so should I try the superpatch still?
From the moment I fell down that rabbit hole I've been told what I must do and who I must be. I've been shrunk, stretched, scratched and stuffed into a teapot. I've been accused of being Alice, and of not being Alice, but this is my dream. I'll decide where it goes from here.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2014, 05:16:57 PM »
If you keep getting messages from the Crash Log Analyzer, it maybe worth considering.

MrsFlynn
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline sunshine_2406

• Occult
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2014, 04:31:21 AM »
Thanks again Mrs Flynn, I'll give it a try and let you know how it goes.

Offline sunshine_2406

• Occult
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2014, 02:57:27 PM »
So it's still crashing :(

I installed the SuperPatch and afterwards while the game was loading it game me this message:

Not really sure what to do now.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2014, 03:10:44 PM »
My first thought is to try reinstalling just the base game.  But if you don't mind waiting, I'll see if I can get Hubby to stop by the forum to see if he can help better.

We've had this happen with our game before. But for the life of me I can't remember how we fixed it. And I don't have it noted.

MrsFlynn

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline sunshine_2406

• Occult
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2014, 03:55:41 PM »
Thanks again Mrs Flynn, any help is appreciated. And I can wait a bit before playing.

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2014, 04:53:02 PM »
So I'm playing the Perfect Challenge, and my game keeps crashing. I clear my caches before I start every time so I know that's not the problem, and I have never had a problem with crashing before.

I used the Crash Log Analyzer which told me this:

[image removed from quote]

My game is completely updated to the newest patch. Any ideas of what might be causing the crashes?

Try downloading the latest WA patch. I can't find a link at the moment, but perhaps you'll be more lucky. Failing that, reinstall the entire game, patching between EP's.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2014, 06:37:57 PM »
Hi Sunshine,

Got an email back from Hubby, he asked me to post this to you.

This tool should fix the patching issue.

The Sims 3 Patch Downloader Tool
http://modthesims.info/d/409829

There are little patches for the first few game (up to Generations) that are not in the super patch. Those need to be installed as well or it won't work correctly. We ran into the same problems and Crash Log Analyzer was driving us nuts because it kept saying we didn't have the correct patches installed even though we'd run the super patcher.

However, the tool may not ?? be compatible with patch 1.66. But it will still install the earlier patches the super patch missed.

MrsFlynn

Offline sunshine_2406

• Occult
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2014, 03:33:50 AM »
You're a life saver Mrs Flynn. According to the application, World Adventures is the only one not patched up properly. Fingers crossed it works!

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2014, 03:09:51 PM »
I'm happy to hear that will update WA for you. Let me know if that works for you?

MrsFlynn

Offline sunshine_2406

• Occult
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2014, 04:52:46 AM »
Unfortunately it didn't work. I'm currently uninstalling everything to do a complete re-install. I've copied my EA folder first, and hopefully I can use the files from it.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2014, 02:40:19 PM »
Hi Sunshine,

I'm sorry to hear it didn't work after all. But it's good that you're doing an uninstall-reinstall. Yes you should be able to save your Sims 3 folder and use the Saves folder after you've reinstalled.

Have a look at this thread for files and folders that can be used in a new game.

How To: Saving folders/files to use on a different computer or to use as backup
http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,16414.msg313134.html#msg313134

MrsFlynn

Offline sunshine_2406

• Occult
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2014, 04:32:24 AM »
Thanks Mrs Flynn, that's really helpful. I appreciate all the help you've given me. :)