Author Topic: Removal of Blog Board  (Read 3103 times)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
Removal of Blog Board
« on: September 05, 2010, 07:51:40 AM »
It was decided to remove the board that has been hosting blog links due to lack of activity.  A blog link may be shared in threads used for telling Sims 3 stories, if desired.  However, all stories must be taken from Sims 3 actual gameplay.  Fiction stories, especially those with adult and mature themes, that only use Sims 3 images for illustration purposes will be deleted.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

FortA2013

Re: Removal of Blog Board
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2010, 01:20:00 AM »
Sorry if this sounds stupid. Sometimes my brain doesn't work :) So, this means the whole "blog" section was removed? Not just individual stories? I just want to make sure my blog wasn't in violation of the rules because I certainly didn't intend for it to be! I've reposted in the "Share your Challenge" (or something similar) section; just want to make sure I haven't broken the rules.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2010, 03:56:09 AM »
The whole board is gone.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2010, 07:29:49 AM »
FortA2013,

I'm truly sorry, but your blog was the catalyst for the board coming down.  I was having a phone meeting with Carl and mentioned it to him and my concerns about the mature content and how it doesn't really reflect a storyline from Sims 3 (it's more of a fiction story that uses Sims 3 to illustrate the story).  He made the decision to delete the entire board because it wasn't getting much traffic in general and had old posts that hadn't been updated in ages.

I'll be happy to discuss more of the details in private with you.  Just send me a private message and I'll respond.  Again, I'm sorry, but your blog just wasn't appropriate for what we're doing here on this site.

Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

anything