Author Topic: Will not install base game from disc  (Read 2253 times)

Offline geza23

• Nooboo
Will not install base game from disc
« on: January 13, 2014, 02:33:32 AM »
Hi. I have decided to finally move to Sims 3, but I am experiencing awful difficulties.

I have downloaded and installed origin as the disc prompted me to. However I cannot seem to redeem the code through origin and it sends me to the Sims 3 store page and when I enter the code there it does not have enough digits. Do I have an invalid code or am I just doing the wrong thing?   

Any kind of response is appreciated.

Cheers.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Will not install base game from disc
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2014, 01:00:11 PM »
Hi Geza,

I did a search to see if I might be able to help solve the problem. If you aren't able to register the key with the steps below, then you will need to contact EA support.

To register a game for the digital copy through Origin, you need to:

1.) Create an account at http://thesims3.com/. If you already have an Origin account, use the same information to log in to the Sims 3 site.
2.) Log in to the account.
3.) Click the My Page link at the top of the page.
4.) Scroll to the bottom of the page and there will be a Register a Game link at the bottom of the left side of the profile page. Click the link.
5.) Enter the serial code for the game (the CD key) and click the Register button.
6.) The game will now show in the Origin client.

In order to download the game from Origin, you need to uninstall the disc version of the game. Then go in to the Origin client and log in (use the same ID and password you used for the Sims 3 website). Hover over your Sims 3 game in the My Games list and click the Download link to download and install the game.

If you need to contact customer support -
https://help.ea.com/contact-us
Choose a category, a game and a platform for the contact options to show up.
If live chat is gray, change your country to US and make sure you're on US Business hours. It might also gray because they're very busy. Try later.

See this post if you have trouble with EA's Help site: http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2012/10/how-to-contac​t-ea.html

Hope this helps, :)

MrsFlynn
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline geza23

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2014, 05:09:54 AM »
Thank You it was quite helpful, however, when i am now in origin client and i select order history, it tells me that my order is processing, it has not changed for several hours and i have not recieved any emails or anything about this, nor does my game appear in the 'My Games' section?

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2014, 02:48:48 PM »
Hmm.. Sounds like that might be a problem with the Origin Client. So you may want to contact EA Help about that.

MrsFlynn
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline geza23

• Nooboo
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2014, 02:56:35 PM »
Thank You!