Author Topic: Is anyone else having an issue with Roaring Heights download?  (Read 5000 times)

Offline Gracefulclutz

• Nooboo
Is anyone else having an issue with Roaring Heights download?
« on: January 09, 2014, 06:28:01 PM »
I just bought it today, and It's not only taking FOREVER to download, it just won't get more than a quarter of the way before saying error. It might just be my internet, so I'll try again once I'm home. But I'm just wondering if anyone else has had this problem and if they fixed it...  :'(

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Is anyone else having an issue with Roaring Heights download?
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2014, 07:06:22 PM »
Hi Gracefulclutz,

I personally haven't heard of any problems downloading RH. But what you might want to try is quitting out of the download. Restarting your computer and try again. That might help.

MrsFlynn
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline SadieHamming

• Immortal
  • Call me Sadie :)
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2014, 08:13:49 PM »
My brother had bit of a problem downloading it on his computer, while I downloaded it just fine. I downloaded mine the day it came out, and he downloaded it a few days later. But we were using different wifi, so maybe that's why? Also, I've noticed the browser can sometimes be the problem. Hopefully you'll get it fixed! My brother did get it to work somehow, I can ask him how, if you'd like.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2014, 10:31:29 PM »
Sadie is correct, sometimes using a different browser helps when downloading from the SimsStore. We've had good luck with using FireFox.

Something with the SimsStore just doesn't seem to play well with Internet Explorer.

MrsFlynn

Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline Gracefulclutz

• Nooboo
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2014, 11:53:56 AM »
I use chrome and it's been perfect with everything so far. It's downloaded now that I'm home. As I'm typing this it's installing. Hehe yay! I am really looking forward to it. Thank you for your help, and I'm happy it was just the wifi!  ;D

Offline SadieHamming

• Immortal
  • Call me Sadie :)
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2014, 04:32:39 PM »
Sadie is correct, sometimes using a different browser helps when downloading from the SimsStore. We've had good luck with using FireFox.

Something with the SimsStore just doesn't seem to play well with Internet Explorer.

MrsFlynn

I've noticed the same with safari.
I use chrome and it's been perfect with everything so far. It's downloaded now that I'm home. As I'm typing this it's installing. Hehe yay! I am really looking forward to it. Thank you for your help, and I'm happy it was just the wifi!  ;D
I'm glad you got it fixed!! Happy simming!  :)