Author Topic: Launcher won't "play"  (Read 2438 times)

Offline blc1977

• Avid Simmer
  • Llama Wrangler
Launcher won't "play"
« on: January 07, 2014, 03:00:28 PM »
I am just not meant to play Sims this week  :'( I updated my driver manually today (still not to the version that it needs to be to play Sims smoothly) however, now I can't even get the game to play. The launcher will load, but when I hit the play button the launcher disappears and nothing happens...I am at my wits end!!  >:(

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Launcher won't "play"
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2014, 05:46:04 PM »
Have you tried starting the game without using the launcher?  This thread explains how.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline blc1977

• Avid Simmer
  • Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2014, 07:25:03 PM »
No, I have never tried using that method, but I certainly will the next time I go to play the game! Thank you so much for the suggestion. I will let you know if it worked or not :)

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2014, 10:20:59 PM »
Hi B,

Another tip that might help is uninstalling the last one or two expansions, run a registry cleaner program And then install them again. Letting the game update as needed. Restarting maybe helpful too.

Have you tried this already? I remember you mentioning it in another thread, but haven't heard back on if that helped or not.

MrsFlynn
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline blc1977

• Avid Simmer
  • Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2014, 08:45:19 PM »
I uninstalled the IP expansion, but left ITF installed. I am going to try and re-install it tonight and see if that makes any difference. Fingers crossed!!

Offline blc1977

• Avid Simmer
  • Llama Wrangler
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2014, 12:07:42 AM »
All is well!! Launcher worked, uninstalling and re-installing the IP expansion (via origin) worked - and I created a new IP saved game and played it for about three hours without any major issues like crashing! Wahoo!!!! It froze a little bit, and lagged but nothing I couldn't handle - so this topic can be closed :) (for now anyways lol)

anything