Author Topic: Carl's Sims 3 Gallery to be Phased Out  (Read 15237 times)

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Carl's Sims 3 Gallery to be Phased Out
« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2014, 04:21:58 PM »
If anyone is looking for suggestions on where to share Sims 3 photos I've written up a list of suggestions.

Topic: Photo Sharing, Blog Sites, Webhosting and Online Storage Link Suggestions 
http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,19426.0.html

Feel free to help me add to it, if you have any other suggested sites.

MrsFlynn
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2014, 01:03:17 PM »
Thanks so much for your effort on that MrsFlynn. It's even better that you went on to provide blogging and storage options for folks who would like to host stories outside of the site to broaden their audience. Many people don't realize how easy it is to start a blog and customize it, but drawing readers to it is another matter entirely.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2014, 05:59:38 PM »
Yep, I'm happy to help. I started gathering the links and thought it would be great to share with the forum. :)

MrsFlynn
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #33 on: April 01, 2014, 02:44:11 PM »
The only way to disable the Gallery was to take it into an offline mode where it is only accessible to Admins. This means no one is able to login to access it in any way. My offer to back up pictures for those who are desperate for them stands. However, it was never meant to be a storage solution and only to display pictures in Stories here on the Forum. In that role, it continues to serve its purpose. All pictures are where they were on the server and stories are still displaying these images.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2014, 07:45:19 PM »
The Gallery link has now been removed from navigation. It's only accessible to Admins anyway, so there is no point for anyone to go there now. I have no means of simply stopping uploads, because there is no reason for them to give me an option like that given that is its only purpose; to upload images for sharing. It is in a permanent maintenance mode. I'll eventually uninstall it and leave the picture folders, but that will happen quietly. I'm sorry to those this has inconvenienced, but it was absolutely necessary. I must begin work on the Sims 4 site in July or so, after I've finished my Civilization 5 Strategy Site and we'll need those resources for those. The new site will have more features than the simple html version we have now - that's the plan, at least. When that site is up, I'll change the address and move the forum there. An official announcement will be coming in a few months. We're in a period of stagnation for now, but will soon see big changes here. Thanks to all our loyal members!

Dellena

« Reply #35 on: April 03, 2014, 04:51:56 AM »
Thanks for all the work you do, Carl!

Offline wkoziol

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #36 on: March 14, 2015, 06:55:42 AM »
Thanks for all the work you do, Carl!

I remember the very first day I stumbled onto your (at that time) humble and well informed website Carl.  This was back during the very first Sims and I wanted to get more out of the game and Google, or at that time it could even been Infoseek and the header made it interesting enough for me to check out the website.  You were the only website I wanted for all things Sims and to use an old phrase, "You sure have come along way baby!."  Thanks for what you've been doing and thanks for all your helpers for the excellent work.  I know its not easy to maintain a website especially one that has grown so very much.  So once again......thank you everybody.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #37 on: March 16, 2015, 02:25:47 PM »
@wkoziol I'm glad that you like the site enough to bother to thank me and those who've helped over the years. You're welcome!

anything