Author Topic: Barnacle Bay  (Read 53138 times)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: Barnacle Bay
« Reply #135 on: December 22, 2010, 02:40:29 AM »
Hopefully this is the right thread for this...

I am considering getting Barnacle Bay. I am wondering if anyone has attempted to put LN lots there, a long with ambitions lots? I don't want to buy it unless I can fit a good portion of the new bars/clubs, plus ambitions lots, there.

I haven't tried that yet, but I'll test it for you.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #136 on: December 22, 2010, 03:52:12 AM »
That would be wonderful Pam, thank you.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #137 on: December 22, 2010, 04:18:26 AM »
I started a new game in Barnacle Bay and placed my Sim Piglet Snout in her high rise apartment.  Using Edit Town, I placed some (not all) of the Late Night clubs.  I used the World Editor to make new lots that were big enough for the buildings.  At first, I didn't think it was going to work because, while there's plenty of empty space in Barnacle Bay, it's not flat.  All of the buildings had the sharp, steep edges and I didn't think Piglet would be able to get in.  I was wrong, though, because she did!  She's been into 3 clubs so far with no trouble at all, even though they have the sharp edges.  They don't look good because of it, but they are functioning properly.

I'll keep playing it for awhile and give you an update, Pally, but I wanted to give you the initial results while you're still online.  :)

Edited to add:  I've also discovered that almost everyone is a celebrity right at the start of the game.  I've seen celebrities up to 3 stars just by going to the bookstore.  Seriously, at least 75% of the regular townies I encountered on the first day were celebrities.  No vampires yet, though.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #138 on: December 22, 2010, 06:00:01 AM »
Thank you Pam. I think I'll get it, but I will sleep on it. Thanks for going to the trouble to test it - one of the things I love about this forum.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #139 on: December 22, 2010, 06:43:54 AM »
Thank you Pam. I think I'll get it, but I will sleep on it. Thanks for going to the trouble to test it - one of the things I love about this forum.

You're welcome.  I think you'll like Barnacle Bay.  It's very similar to Sunset Valley and Riverview in design.  Nothing at all like Bridgeport.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #140 on: December 23, 2010, 07:42:49 AM »
I've managed to place all of the Late Night clubs in Barnacle Bay.  I scattered them around all the empty space.  None of them are pretty because of the landscape issues, but they all function perfectly.  One thing that's pretty funny is that, because my Sim has the only high rise in town, all the NPC Sims live in her building.  In the morning, they all file out the front and head to work.  I managed to capture some of it on video.

All Your NPCs Are Belong To Us

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #141 on: January 01, 2011, 05:30:06 AM »
Barnacle Bay is the current Daily Deal at the Sims 3 Store.  It's on sale for 1,111 SimPoints and runs all day.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #142 on: January 01, 2011, 05:39:17 AM »
I've managed to place all of the Late Night clubs in Barnacle Bay.  I scattered them around all the empty space.  None of them are pretty because of the landscape issues, but they all function perfectly.  One thing that's pretty funny is that, because my Sim has the only high rise in town, all the NPC Sims live in her building.  In the morning, they all file out the front and head to work.  I managed to capture some of it on video.

All Your NPCs Are Belong To Us

They must be stacked on top of each other in there, lol.  That is pretty cool.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #143 on: January 05, 2011, 05:44:43 AM »
Anyone had any trouble buying sheet music from the Barnacle Bay bookstore? I can't find any. All they have is skill books for drums/bass/piano. Does anyone know somewhere else I could get sheet music?

good2bgreene

« Reply #144 on: January 10, 2011, 01:04:08 AM »
Not sure if this is the right place to post this question, but it seems as good a place as any. I started a new game in Barnacle Bay this evening, when I went into the lot for the first time a dialogue box appeared telling me that my house had suffered from flooding damage and did I want to accept or ignore the challenge. I accepted and when the house loaded both sinks and the shower were leaking and in need of repair and there was a ton of water on the floor. Also the bedroom, which had no sinks had water on the floor. My Sim set about repairing the broken items, and after a few hours a repairwoman appeared, welcomed me to the neighborhood and offered her help free of charge. She fixed a sink, told me she hoped my feet didn't get wet and left. Has this happened to anyone else?

~Cate

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #145 on: January 10, 2011, 01:37:17 AM »
I got that one too.  Must be that little house on the other side of river where the big houses are.  I thought it was kind of neat.  I redid that house too. :)

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #146 on: January 10, 2011, 02:41:17 AM »
I've had that option appear in, I think it was Sunset Valley. If not, Riverview. Also, could you check out my question a bit earlier about sheet music? No one's answered yet. :(

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #147 on: January 10, 2011, 02:44:11 AM »
I am not sure why you cannot buy sheet music.  You mean the music books that you buy to learn songs?  I don't think I have heard of that yet,  but maybe deleting the old bookstore and putting in a new one might help.

good2bgreene

« Reply #148 on: January 10, 2011, 03:31:27 PM »
I've had that option appear in, I think it was Sunset Valley. If not, Riverview. Also, could you check out my question a bit earlier about sheet music? No one's answered yet. :(

I've never had that happen before, I thought it was unique to Barnacle Bay. I checked my bookstore and it has the sheet music, so I'm not sure how to help. Maybe try the deleting idea? Sorry, that stinks. Is it just in that specific game or any time you play Barnacle Bay?

Priyansh

« Reply #149 on: January 13, 2011, 12:31:49 PM »
Bought this........

It is GREAT!!!

I am playing Empire: Total War game currently, and it is about the same era i.e. 18th century. But I am looking forward to a mod which makes real colonial or medieval age in this game. Is there any such mod??

anything