Author Topic: Barnacle Bay  (Read 53147 times)

Offline RunAmokSims

• Immortal
Re: Barnacle Bay
« Reply #105 on: September 24, 2010, 10:54:52 AM »
I'm just happy it was finally released. I tend to play obsessively when a new EP or SP comes out and then I'm bored for a while. (Fast Lane just didn't hold my interest long.) I spent a little time yesterday exploring and it might keep me occupied until Late Night is released.

I like the fact that they have left room to build and I get to place my community lots. Some of the townies look quite interesting also.

Lot's of ghosts for a paranormal investigator too. After LN comes out I can just picture a scenario, building a spooky house on a far point on the island, have lots of fog spawners and assuming I'll be able to save a vampire to my library from LN, installing a vamp in the spooky island house.

I can't wait.

casaeva

« Reply #106 on: September 24, 2010, 11:36:19 AM »
I may be wrong, but I suspect that the names in edit town are the lot names and the names in map view are the building names.
Do you think this means if I create a sim I play with only long enough to give them bucketloads of money so they can buy every building and rename them to the new names that are in edit town that the names will match? I might try it once to see if it works.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline TommyT

• Occult
« Reply #107 on: September 24, 2010, 12:45:17 PM »
I've heard there's something like a lifefruit farm on the island but I haven't seen it yet.  Anyone know where it's at?

casaeva

« Reply #108 on: September 24, 2010, 12:58:57 PM »
I've heard there's something like a lifefruit farm on the island but I haven't seen it yet.  Anyone know where it's at?

The Coastal family has a ton of life fruit and the Rome household has a few as well.

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #109 on: September 24, 2010, 02:59:33 PM »
I located a Death Flower bush at Lookout Point. Has anyone found a public garden with apples, etc. to pick, for starter gardeners?
I put tape on the mirrors in my house so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension. -- Steven Wright

Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die,
your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. -- George Carlin

Offline Telsey

• Townie
« Reply #110 on: September 24, 2010, 03:06:38 PM »
The Sims3 site has a thread up for any who are receiving error messages when they download Barnacle Bay. 

Offline NeoFelis

• Occult
  • Must play Sims!
« Reply #111 on: September 24, 2010, 10:53:29 PM »
The house on 20 Ferry Lane (the Annan family lives there) looks like it'd be perfect for toddler racing.  ;D

___________________________________________________________________________________________
"Tomorrow's just your future yesterday." Craig Ferguson, Late Late Show theme song.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline tiff_jewels

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #112 on: September 24, 2010, 11:49:17 PM »
I seem to have an odd glitch since putting BB expansion in.  Thus far I occasionally have a loop happening.  It is frozen in time yet not frozen.  For example, in my current game my sim is stuck sleeping.  Time is not continuing and nothing is stopped as you would see if it were a normal "not responding" game or a crashing game.  I am unable to pull up the cheat console so this is not a normal style glitch where you simply reset the sim.  Has anyone else experienced this?  Does anyone have an idea how to counter this other then having to go back to your last save?

Offline gerrr00

• Immortal
« Reply #113 on: September 24, 2010, 11:51:54 PM »
I seem to have an odd glitch since putting BB expansion in.  Thus far I occasionally have a loop happening.  It is frozen in time yet not frozen.  For example, in my current game my sim is stuck sleeping.  Time is not continuing and nothing is stopped as you would see if it were a normal "not responding" game or a crashing game.  I am unable to pull up the cheat console so this is not a normal style glitch where you simply reset the sim.  Has anyone else experienced this?  Does anyone have an idea how to counter this other then having to go back to your last save?

Too funny, I just switched to my desktop to search for an answer because my Sim is frozen while inventing.  I was hoping to find an answer here instead of just force closing my game.  The brambles are still swaying in the wind, her plumbob is moving like normal, but she and all controls are frozen.  I have no idea what to do.
Ignorance is not an excuse, please read the forum rules.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #114 on: September 25, 2010, 02:15:18 AM »
@gerrr00 and tiff_jewels:

I think I have experienced this with a Sim sleeping.  I was able to cancel the "stuck" action and give a new command, which fixed the glitch.  It happened before I downloaded Barnacle Bay, so I don't think it's related.  If it keeps happening, please post it on the Technical Help board.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline tiff_jewels

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #115 on: September 25, 2010, 09:39:26 PM »
I am just dropping in a quick note to let you know I have read your suggestion, Pam.  I am waiting for the glitch to occur again to test your theory.  If it does work I will be sure and post here in case others face the same situation.  I am glad for the support I receive on my requests and thank everyone for the efforts in helping me be a happy Simster.

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #116 on: September 25, 2010, 09:50:09 PM »
I just wanted to mention that despite reading elsewhere about a bug that makes travel impossible once BB is installed, I checked mine and it works fine. So no alarm, if some of you come across that. It's definitely not true for everyone.
I put tape on the mirrors in my house so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension. -- Steven Wright

Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die,
your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. -- George Carlin

snowy

« Reply #117 on: September 26, 2010, 02:53:52 PM »
Please, I need help. Has anyone done fishing yet? I cannot find the death fish.

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
« Reply #118 on: September 26, 2010, 02:57:43 PM »
Pam mentioned in my dynasty story thread that the deathfish are under the broken pier in the unmarked beach across from the library.

snowy

« Reply #119 on: September 26, 2010, 03:02:29 PM »
Thank you for your help.

anything